Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He broke his silence in an interview on Bakersfield radio station KERN (1180 AM) with talk-show host Inga Barks... When he told Barks he owed his constituents an explanation, she responded, "Do you want me to ask you … the question, or do you want to just tell people?"

"I am gay,'' Ashburn answered.
GOP state senator comes out of closet in aftermath of drunk driving arrest | PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times

Sad situation, but the bigger shame is that he made being anti-gay an important part of his legislative career. Who knows how many other closeted politicians are in the same situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 05:00 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
Already posted that in the original thead

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-before-7.html

Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
GOP state senator comes out of closet in aftermath of drunk driving arrest | PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times

Sad situation, but the bigger shame is that he made being anti-gay an important part of his legislative career. Who knows how many other closeted politicians are in the same situation?

And?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM

504 posts, read 456,934 times
Good Lord isnt it Obvious most of those republican phreaks are self loathing closet pirates. My list of Repugs who arent fooling anyone.

Lindsey Graham
Larry Craig
Charlie Crist in FL
John Boener Come on that tan says it all
Mitch McConnell lol look at the way he holds his mouth
Eric Cantor good god its obvious

Just a list of fellas who I wouldnt let within 100yrds of My children. Dont get me wrong I am hetero but I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WITH GAY FOLK. Heck I even prefer'em loud flaming and out in the open. These closet guys are dangerous it shows serious character flaws when you cant even be honest with yourself. When you put the health and sanitary well being of your poor unsuspecting wife and kids at risk cause you dont want to be made fun of or you know being gay would kill your chances in the GOP thats dangerous.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times
I would feel bad for him if he didn't go out of his way to be anti-gay when he himself is gay. How counter-productive is that??? I loathe hypocrites & I know we can all be hypocrites but this is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:44 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Good Lord isnt it Obvious most of those republican phreaks are self loathing closet pirates. My list of Repugs who arent fooling anyone.

Just a list of fellas who I wouldnt let within 100yrds of My children. Dont get me wrong I am hetero but I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WITH GAY FOLK. Heck I even prefer 'em loud flaming and out in the open. These closet guys are dangerous it shows serious character flaws when you cant even be honest with yourself. When you put the health and sanitary well being of your poor unsuspecting wife and kids at risk cause you dont want to be made fun of or you know being gay would kill your chances in the GOP thats dangerous.
Good thing I finished my drink or it would be all over the keyboard In the same post you crack me up while making some very good points of wisdom.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Yes, some republicans are homosexual. Some are in the closet, and some aren't. Nothing new about that

Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
"There are so many Republicans in the closet, their symbol shouldn't be an elephant; it should be a moth!"--Bill Maher, Oct. 2006

Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 AM

304 posts, read 931,298 times
Now is the time for some out gay Republicans to have a heart to heart with State Senator Ashburn to see where he can soften some of his policy positions. If he doesnt, his life will be ruined from the inside out.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:38 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffavail View Post
Now is the time for some out gay Republicans to have a heart to heart with State Senator Ashburn to see where he can soften some of his policy positions. If he doesnt, his life will be ruined from the inside out.
yip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies