Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalit View Post
My, aren't you getting personally agressive!

The OP has the facts straight. You are in the wrong. Being hysterical on top of being wrong is what a lot of libs are doing these days. Quite funny to see the meltdown. Doesn't help you cause, so keep up the good work.
The OP is misrepresenting the facts. Whether she "has the facts straight" or not, the title she used makes an affirmative argument about world opinion, and the poll DOES NOT. Reality, meet unreality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
How ironic is it, that when Bush was in office, rightwingers were unconcerned about the world's view of us. "Who cares what them commie Europeans think!" Now, not only do they feign concern over the world's opinion, but they think our opinion of the world's opinion somehow means something. Simply amazing.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
This leftist never said that the poll didn't have any meaning. This leftist accurately stated that your thread title, an affirmative argument, does not accurately reflect the results of the poll.
So.. your beef comes down to a word or two...I got that right?

Please. I beg to differ.

Democracy Corps » The Politics of National Security: A Wake-up Call (http://www.democracycorps.com/strategy/2010/03/the-politics-of-national-security-a-wake-up-call/?section=Analysis - broken link)

Quote:
a majority also feel the US is less respected today than two years ago.
Feel, say, think, believe - all the same when it comes to this poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The OP is misrepresenting the facts. Whether she "has the facts straight" or not, the title she used makes an affirmative argument about world opinion, and the poll DOES NOT. Reality, meet unreality.
Oh boy, now we're really getting into the minutia of the ridiculous.

The title is accurate, the OP reflects the title, the OP reflects the article and the poll.

The title is in no way misleading;

"Majority of Americans say US less respected"

"Majority of Americans feel US less respected"

"Majority of Americans think US less respected"

"Majority of Americans believe US less respected"

ALL the same.

Take your argument to the English police.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Indeed I do - can't get any clearer from the title, the OP, the article and the poll.

It is the content of the poll that creates the hysteria.

And...where has this happened? Certainly not in this thread, where I have repeated the facts over and over again. Turned against because a few lefties say it...I don't think so. I have proven them wrong repeatedly, based on the title, the OP, the article and the poll.

Point out where the misstatement is? Try to keep the overly emotional stuff to yourself.
The content of the poll bothers no one.

No one is hysterical.

People are simply pointing out that your thread title doesn't actually reflect the poll results. Say does not equal believe.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
So.. your beef comes down to a word or two...I got that right?

Please. I beg to differ.

Democracy Corps » The Politics of National Security: A Wake-up Call (http://www.democracycorps.com/strategy/2010/03/the-politics-of-national-security-a-wake-up-call/?section=Analysis - broken link)

Feel, say, think, believe - all the same when it comes to this poll.
Say is active. Feel, think, believe are transitive. NOT the same, not when it comes to this poll, not when it comes to any poll, not when it comes to the English language.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The content of the poll bothers no one.

No one is hysterical.

People are simply pointing out that your thread title doesn't actually reflect the poll results. Say does not equal believe.
Quote:
Say is active. Feel, think, believe are transitive. NOT the same, not when it comes to this poll, not when it comes to any poll, not when it comes to the English language.
Hilarious!

When people are asked their opinion in a poll/survey, they are telling (saying) what they think (believe) about a particular issue.

I really cannot believe you are trying to make a criminal case based on A word.

Truly incredible. The deflection is par for the course.

I say the title, OP, article, poll "SAY" the same thing - A majority of Americans say US less respected. Which they did indeed say to this pollster - live with it.

If you don't like it, that's just too bad.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:20 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Again, I have to call out my fellow Republicans and Conservatives. Obama is doing nothing but continuing Bush's foreign policy. He even has the same Secretary of Defense. So it's downright comical and hypocritical that Republicans and Conservatives are criticizing Obama's foreign policy. It's just goes to show that most people are about politics instead of policy. It's just partisan bull$#$#. If a Republican wins in the next election and continues this, Republicans will argue or contrive some explanation along the lines of "Yeah but now there is a reason to continue this war" Same old politics!

That being said, I have to laugh at Democrats as well. They were criticizing Bush yet are now justifying the war because their guy is the President. Typical! This is why more people are becoming Independents. There are morons on both sides.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Hilarious!

When people are asked their opinion in a poll/survey, they are telling (saying) what they think (believe) about a particular issue.

I really cannot believe you are trying to make a criminal case based on A word.

Truly incredible. The deflection is par for the course.

I say the title, OP, article, poll "SAY" the same thing - A majority of Americans say US less respected. Which they did indeed say to this pollster - live with it.

If you don't like it, that's just too bad.
Still obdurate about misrepresenting things.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 PM

There has been no misrepresenting...at all.

What I find hilarious? I have yet to see you get down into the minutia and weeds when it comes to misleading and false thread titles by your brethren.

Credibility = Zero.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
There has been no misrepresenting...at all.

What I find hilarious? I have yet to see you get down into the minutia and weeds when it comes to misleading and false thread titles by your brethren.

Credibility = Zero.
Again, misrepresenting.

I have been picky with others about misleading and false thread titles. If it happens to you more often than to others, well, what does that really say? Maybe someone is just a little more prone than others to being misleading???

And I'm picky because words and their meanings are important. It amazes me how often you argue that they aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies