Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 02:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 5,760,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Actress Jean Smart: I'll Never Forgive Anyone For Being Republican

Liberal Democrats- leaning forward to a more bigoted, intolerant nation

Ironic name.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,025,531 times
I'm glad I got to see the true side of liberals/Democrats at an early age.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:24 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,967,699 times
New tone of tolerance: Liberals on Twitter call for death of Mitt Romney

Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,613,459 times
More Liberal intolerance from Hollywood:

Mila Kunis: "The way that Republicans attack women is so offensive to me, and the way they talk about religion is offensive. I may not be a practicing Jew, but why we gotta talk about Jesus all the time? And it's baffling to me how a poor person in Georgia can say, 'I'm a Republican.' Why?"

And the hateful barrage of tweets aimed at actress Stacy Dash, who tweeted support for Romney:
Stacy Dash

Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,714,136 times
I cannot tolerate idiots, no matter how much they want to complain about it.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,155,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Hi I would like to start this thread because I am tried of the misconception that liberals are very progressive people. Liberals are only progressive when it suits their needs. If you do not share the same view as a liberal they will try to silience you.
Aren't you being intolerant of intolerant people?

Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,714,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Aren't you being intolerant of intolerant people?
I think the OP discovered "silence" a while ago.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,967,699 times
Diverse opinions? can't have that in my Facebook/twitter feed.

Study: Liberals more likely to block social-media friends over political differences
According to a new poll from the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, self-described liberals are twice as likely than self-described conservatives to block material on Social Networking websites that they find politically disagreeable.

"Liberals are the most likely to have taken … steps to block, unfriend, or hide" disagreeable political messages, Pew concluded. "In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS [social networking sites] because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates."

Old 03-24-2013, 01:36 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,578,369 times
Obama campaign co-chair Eva Longoria retweet: Women, minorities ‘stupid’ to vote for ‘racist/misogynistic’ Romney;

Update: Malkin speaks ‘truth to Hollywood powder puffs’;

Update: Longoria deletes retweet

Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,223,191 times
Default Despicable Liberals?

Most people would probably consider me a liberal, or perhaps a progressive, although I would probably (and begrudgingly) admit that age has made me a bit more conservative in regard to some issues (e.g., gun control, death penalty). In the past, I have had many a contentious exchange with conservatives - not surprising, considering the often polarized nature of various viewpoints.

While some of these discussions have been heated, by and large, they have stayed on topic. For the most part, I do not remember any name-calling or anyone making low-class personal jabs. I will say that I am aware of a certain recency bias nor did I keep a written record. Thus, I can not make a definitive assessment but must simply voice my impressions.

I have also repeatedly read complaints from conservatives that a frequent liberal approach to dealing with opposing opinions is to resort to personal attacks. For the most part, I considered these complaints mere exaggeration or thought that such tactics are fair game since I assumed that both "sides" engaged in this activity. I am sure I have done my share of it as well but when I have done this to conservatives, I don't think I ever received a personal insult in return.

That said, I can wholeheartedly proclaim to conservatives that I feel your annoyance with some liberals. I have been able to post a few responses over the last few weeks that quickly elicited the very personal and emotional attacks that you complain about.

Not only were these attacks completely unwarranted, but they were overly rude, tried to attack my emotions, and were aimed at insulting me. Sweeping negative judgements were passed about my person, my mental well-being, my reasoning abilities, my right to live, my professional capabilities, my right to procreate, etc. This is in stark contrast to attacks on an opinion, perception, or interpretation of events. In short, the responses posted by these "liberals" were absolutely despicable.

Last edited by Fuselage; 03-24-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies