Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times

Advertisements

I would like to ask the resident warmonger (Silas777) on this board one question.

Have you ever been shot at by people trying their best to kill you?

Why are you so frightened of Muslims and Iranians that you would start a war?

Would you sign up and go fight in that war?

For the rest of you I suggest that you refrain from assuming all liberals are cowards for not wanting to go out and “Kick somebody’s a**”

For myself:

I was shot at about forty years ago in a swamp far, far away. More than once.

Why should we get involved in a nuclear pi**ing match over the fate of Israel. They are a country in their own right and, like the rest, can take care of themselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 12:01 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,980,902 times
I would like to ask the warmongers what they have done
other than cheerlead and paste yellow ribbons on stuff
to support what they talk about here, too ?
In another thread Burdell started about DDay I got to
thinking the sacrifices Americans made to support the war
effort. At the time, we were noble protectors, not violent
aggressors so that is different but, what sacrifies have people
who support this stuff, made ? I still see SUV's being bought
and driven by people who dont need them....4 wheelers being
ridden for recreation....NASCAR races still being run. etc...
Personally, I commute by bicycle, year 'round, use an old
fashion-non-motorized push mower to do my front yard, take
a part in an occasional Peace rally, and vote for non-war
candidates. In the war for oil, what are you personally doing
to lessen the human toll ?? Strangely enuff, I only see us
'liberal-cowards' making any sacrifices or caring about the
people who are dying.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:50 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
I would like to ask the warmongers what they have done
other than cheerlead and paste yellow ribbons on stuff
to support what they talk about here, too ?
In another thread Burdell started about DDay I got to
thinking the sacrifices Americans made to support the war
effort. At the time, we were noble protectors, not violent
aggressors so that is different but, what sacrifies have people
who support this stuff, made ?

Just to clarify, and I have to think you would agree, let's not take anything away from those who are doing the fighting, they volunteered and are doing what they promised to do. They deserve our support and gratitude, they can't be held responsible for the good/bad of the orders they follow.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:20 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,136,874 times
Quote:
Does anyone here who thinks that Iran is ready to pounce on us actually follow geo-politics or the politics of Iran?

What do you they think when they hear the crazy rhetoric of President Fredo and VP Dr. Strangelove?
insert cricket sounds here.

Yeeeah, that's what I thought.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:22 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,980,902 times
My father was Korean era military and
my Brother is reserves. I couldnt / wouldnt
do it. Lots of respect to those who do.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,769,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since you're so good at what wasn't why didn't you take the time to mention that it wasn't muslims that blew up the OK Federal Building? Doesn't fit your agenda of racism and hatred so you just conveniently ignore it?

And since this thread is about Iran, why haven' you mentioned that it was mostly Saudis that flew the planes into the WTC?

Go home liberal? Can't you do better? Why not break out the old pinko commie label? You'd put a smile on tailgunner Joe's ghost wherever he is
How is anti muslim being racist ? Do liberals like you now think muslim is now a race ? And I do think that LEFT WING LIBERALS ARE COMMIES... I have no agenda other than to point out how you left wing liberals are trying to destroy America.... And You defend anyone that wants to destroy it. And I don't care what country a muslim terrorist comes from, Iraq, Iran or home grown they are still muslim terrorist. And yes we do have terrorist born here too. You seem to can't take it that is muslims around the world trying to take over...

Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,769,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
My father was Korean era military and
my Brother is reserves. I couldnt / wouldnt
do it. Lots of respect to those who do.
Why couldn't/wouldn't you do it ?

Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
How is anti muslim being racist ? Do liberals like you now think muslim is now a race ? And I do think that LEFT WING LIBERALS ARE COMMIES... I have no agenda other than to point out how you left wing liberals are trying to destroy America.... And You defend anyone that wants to destroy it. And I don't care what country a muslim terrorist comes from, Iraq, Iran or home grown they are still muslim terrorist. And yes we do have terrorist born here too. You seem to can't take it that is muslims around the world trying to take over...

Do you really you can predict the beliefs and actions of 1.5 BILLION people by the actions of a radical few? When a Christian commits a terrorist act do you start calling for the eradication of all Christians? When a Jew commits a terrorist act do you call for the eradication of all Jews? Terrorism is the act of lunatics and they come from all faiths. There is upwards of 750,000 American systems who are muslims, you know, those you've said are mostly nuts? What would your plan be, internment camps? Other than personal bias what is your reason for a personal attack on that many Americans?

And as far as your "left wing liberals are trying to detroy America" and "Liberal go home" rants here are some FACTS:

I AM home, I'm NOT afraid to speak my mind when I think we can improve things, I'm NOT trying to destroy America, and when I decide to go some place it'll be because I decide to go and not due to some "America, Love It or Leave It" crapola.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,136,874 times
Quote:
I have no agenda other than to point out how you left wing liberals are trying to destroy America....
...written like someone who has no clue of the world around him.

...and the dumbing down of 'mmmmerica continues.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
How is anti muslim being racist ? Do liberals like you now think muslim is now a race ? And I do think that LEFT WING LIBERALS ARE COMMIES... ...

Racism is defined broadly as stigmatization of those we perceive as different from us, I'd say by that definition your view of muslims certainly qualifies you as a racist.

"LEFT WING LIBERALS ARE COMMIES"? Did you learn that reading the drunken rants of Tailgunner Joe or come to that conclusoion independently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies