Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:50 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times

Advertisements

I can see the intellectuals all standing up with mouths open clapping for her. How they can spin this is beyond reason. What the heck is behind Door number 3?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 01:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I can see the intellectuals all standing up with mouths open clapping for her. How they can spin this is beyond reason. What the heck is behind Door number 3?
Hope & Change flavored kool-aid.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'd like to know the full context of the quote, but regardless of whether this particular quote is out of context or not, Pelosi is as about as out of touch with the country and as dangerous as one can be. I'd like to believe that she'll be losing her job come November, but I don't know - the San Francisco crowd seems to love her.
Have you ever been to San Fran during a Gay Pride parade? They are starting to all look like her so don't count on anyone there having a clue and voting against her. She looks freaking insane.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh dear, her point was to show that once the bill passes you will see that much of the controversy and scare tactics that some throw at it were just that scare tactics and not true....
Oh dear you just don't quite get it. The democrats really do not care about the scare tactics and the fact that they are true. Nancy will just come out later and say she did not read the bill and we must simply move on. If it is such a good bill wouldnt you think that it would be front page news?

Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
I am going to sign this new mortgage to see if what the broker was telling me was true or not.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If that is not the icing on the cake, what is?

People, WAKE THE F UP, unless your already on your 3rd cup of coffee.
Don't drink the Kool-aide today!
I couldn't have said it better. Actually I don't you or I could have said it better than Nancy. If this isn't enough reason to get rid of this bill, I don't know what is

Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Oh dear you just don't quite get it. The democrats really do not care about the scare tactics and the fact that they are true. Nancy will just come out later and say she did not read the bill and we must simply move on. If it is such a good bill wouldnt you think that it would be front page news?
Or the fact that they would have passed it already. Nancy doesn't have the votes, it's that simple. The Blue Dogs don't want to lose their seats after they saw Scott Brown win in Mass. They know people are not happy right now and they don't want to see legislation rammed down their throats and if it is, they will basically fire them in the mid term elections. Sorry politicians are about self preservation first. Maybe Obama can lose a second term but he is set for the rest of his life. These low level congressman are not set if they lose their seats. Massachussetts made these politicians realize that it's not just a bunch of hillbilly teabaggers protesting, there are other unhappy voters who are not parading outside the lawn

Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
What is particularly concerning is that they plan on adding whatever is in this bill to the health care requirements they already passed in the stimulus bill. Remember the threads back then questioning why health care requirements were even part of a stimulus bill at all?

The groundwork for monitoring and mandating health-related behavior has already been laid in the stimulus bill that just absolutely had to be passed in such a big emergency rush last year, even though most of it hasn't even been spent.
Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan - Bloomberg.com

There were entire threads here on C-D on the ramifications of the new government control of health care in last year's stimulus bill.
//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/562566-guess-whats-hidden-stimulus-bill-most.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/elections/563410-you-get-what-you-voted-rationed.html#post7407430

Old 03-10-2010, 02:16 PM

53 posts, read 70,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It doesn't stop those who want to see reform stopped at all costs from simply making crap up about the bill. Once its passed and in action you will see that this made up bs from those who want reform to die is just that made up bs.
Or not.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:24 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
A good leftist pirate never ignores an opportunity to justify robbing the tax payer, "for his own good".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies