Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

This is why we have elected officials. Because they know the truth. And the simple truth is that people who are unemployed simply are choosing to be unemployed. These elected officials are also known as a$$ hats.

Tom Delay: People Are Unemployed Because They Want To Be

Crowley: People are unemployed because they want to be?
Delay: well, it is the truth. and people in the real world know it. And they have friends and they know it. Sure, we ought to be helping people that are unemployed find a job, but we also have budget considerations that are incredibly important, especially now that Obama is spending monies that we don't have.

Another simple truth. Tom Delay only approved legislation that was fully funded and did not increase the federal deficit. Not including wars and prescription bills and other stuff. We don't count those.

Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

549 billion. Jobs bill... 10 billion. HAHAHAH , this bowl of irony is delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 AM

898 posts, read 1,402,228 times
I would love to be unemployed. To have 100% of my time be mine to do with as I please, it is a dream of mine. However, I also need to eat and pay bills. So the dream will have to wait a bit.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
This is why we have elected officials. Because they know the truth. And the simple truth is that people who are unemployed simply are choosing to be unemployed. These elected officials are also known as a$$ hats.

Delay: well, it is the truth. and people in the real world know it. And they have friends and they know it. Sure, we ought to be helping people that are unemployed find a job, but we also have budget considerations that are incredibly important, especially now that Obama is spending monies that we don't have.

Another simple truth. Tom Delay only approved legislation that was fully funded and did not increase the federal deficit. Not including wars and prescription bills and other stuff. We don't count those.

Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

549 billion. Jobs bill... 10 billion. HAHAHAH , this bowl of irony is delicious.

Tom Delay would do better talking about something he actually KNOWS something about. Such as "people are criminals because they choose to be criminals." He has first hand knowledge about that subject.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,546 times
Even when there aren't enough jobs to go around? Still choosing to be unemployed I suppose?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

The party of "NO" and "me, myself and I".

Might be appropriate to add the party of denial.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 AM

536 posts, read 413,953 times
Oh yeah I love being unemployed and not being able to afford the simplest things. Such morons we have running this country.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Oh yeah I love being unemployed and not being able to afford the simplest things. Such morons we have running this country.
Most of the unemployed are unemployed for reasons over which they have no control. Then there are some who are unemployed for the simple reasons that they have nothing to offer the workplace and no one could bear to work with them.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Tom Delay would do better talking about something he actually KNOWS something about. Such as "people are criminals because they choose to be criminals." He has first hand knowledge about that subject.
Yippy that is telling him.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Well said.
Quote:
Most of the unemployed are unemployed for reasons over which they have no control.
Well this isn't exactly corect they just didn't see the point of control they had. And that point was personal savings. If everyone had saved more money then we wouldn't be in this mess. But you are mostly correct.
Quote:
Then there are some who are unemployed for the simple reasons that they have nothing to offer the workplace and no one could bear to work with them.
Well if the economy was booming hard enough even those would have work.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
How can you enjoy the luxuries of life when you don't have money? Vacations, shopping, dating, clubbing, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
I would love to be unemployed. To have 100% of my time be mine to do with as I please, it is a dream of mine. However, I also need to eat and pay bills. So the dream will have to wait a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies