Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,840,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Well you better turn off your air conditioning. The electricity that's powering your mommy's house is generated by the 32 coal plants here in Illinois. Do you know how many tons of CO2, cadmium, lead, mercury, aresenic, SO2, NOx, and VOC's are pumped into the atmosphere here in Illinois? Maybe you should just stop breathing. It's safer that way.
I'm not in control of the air conditioning where I live. My parents choose what to do with it. Also I don't agree with those 32 coal plants as I would much rather seen a more sustainable energy take over. Oh and no I don't know how many tons of all that is in the atmosphere but I'm assuming you know, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up, do you have statistics, and where each of these poisons come from? Or are you just throwing baseless facts at me? *waits for you to twist something*

Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 PM

32 posts, read 15,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I'm not in control of the air conditioning where I live. My parents choose what to do with it...
Thus you want other people do be told what they can and cannot do since you have no say over your own life. Very sad.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,295,963 times
Quote:
I'm not in control of the air conditioning where I live. My parents choose what to do with it. Also I don't agree with those 32 coal plants as I would much rather seen a more sustainable energy take over. Oh and no I don't know how many tons of all that is in the atmosphere but I'm assuming you know, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up, do you have statistics, and where each of these poisons come from? Or are you just throwing baseless facts at me? *waits for you to twist something*
Don't be obtuse. They come from the coal plants. I'm not doing your research for you, you can google that yourself.

You may not be able to control your mommy's AC setting, but you could sure help out by turning off your computer and saving some electricity that way. Just a thought.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,840,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Don't be obtuse. They come from the coal plants. I'm not doing your research for you, you can google that yourself.

You may not be able to control your mommy's AC setting, but you could sure help out by turning off your computer and saving some electricity that way. Just a thought.
I could but that isn't going to make the coal plants go away will it? The only thing it will do for me is prevent me from educating myself about whats going on in the world. Also I'm not the one who claimed that there where tons of this **** in our air, you claim it, you back it up. And if they come from coal plants all the more reason to move away from coal energy and quickly.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:12 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,295,963 times
Quote:
I could but that isn't going to make the coal plants go away will it? The only thing it will do for me is prevent me from educating myself about whats going on in the world. Also I'm not the one who claimed that there where tons of this **** in our air, you claim it, you back it up. And if they come from coal plants all the more reason to move away from coal energy and quickly.
It would sure help decrease the energy consumption, even if just a little bit. The less energy consumption, the less coal they need to burn.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

And yes, I claimed that coal plants spew tons of toxic chemicals into our atmosphere. I also claim that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. I don't feel the need to prove either to you though as it's (or should be) common knowledge. Please feel free to educate yourself though, don't let me stop you.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-05-2010 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters

Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 PM

5,287 posts, read 4,352,331 times
Yet another thread closed because of too many off topic posts and personal attacks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies