Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 07:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
After thinking about it for a while, I have to agree with you...to an extent we are animals with the ability to reason. For some it's a choice, others not. I think we are all equal regardless of sexual preference, but don't agree with your percieved rights to display of homosexuality in specific environments that we share (Catholic church or school, for example). That said, I do understand your frustation a little better, however I think some of this isn't based on bigotry as much as long established moral values. Maybe there isn't a difference...I don't know. One thing I know for certain: I'd rather see people (all people) loving each other rather than hating one another.
Though I disagree with some of what you wrote in this post, I appreciate other things that you said and how you said them. I can't believe I'm going to rep amerifree!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 08:03 PM
zox

344 posts, read 478,830 times
The perversion of nature argument doesn't really apply. Do we deny civil rights and access to people who are born infertile or with diseases like Cystic Fibrosis? Even if you believe homosexuality is a mutation or is something abnormal, what does that have to do with denying people the right to attend prom and wear a tuxedo. Again, this argument has nothing to do with accepting homosexuality. Allowing a homosexual to attend prom is not endorsing homosexualiy; it's respecting an individual's civil rights. I think a person lacks conviction in his or her own beliefs if that person believes that allowing a homosexual to attend a dance is a form of endorsement of their lifestyle. People who are secure about their anti-homosexual beliefs are not threatened by a homosexual attending a dance.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
This is the same state that some schools as late as 2008 had separate proms for blacks and whites. Why are we surprised at all?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:15 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,314 times
This is another tempest in a teapot inspired by "conservatives" who might better concern themselves with so called "free market capitalists" who just soaked the US taxpayer for a bundle...then went on to make record profits.

I could care less who blows who, or who licks who. As long as I don't have to pay for it. Homosexuals pay their share of taxes...unlike certain funny money artists.

You want an example of an "immoral act, committed man with man"? Look at Wall Street!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
If I was such a fan of a totalitarian state wouldn't I be calling for someone or something to put an end to that behavior (like canceling prom)? Did I do any such thing?

It absolutely has the right to spout off its ignorant perversions, and I have the right to ignore them. A right I am exercising.

Nice try and thanks for playing, run along now
You've been very clear about your opinions. Calling those opinions bigoted would be a mild description. You're not ignoring the situation. It's got you so enraged you're spewing vile on an Internet bulletin board where other are having a good laugh at your expense.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:41 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Exactly what I said wjtwet. If they want to hold a prom no one is stopping them from doing it off of school grounds. I bet though that quite a few parents would not allow their child to attend such a disgusting unnatural thing. Morality is a lost thing in this country.
What morality do you exemplify here in this post and elsewhere? You are judgmental and your views are profoundly ignorant. Where did gay people try to jam their disgusting unnatural act down everyone's throat? Care to enlighten us because I don't see any agenda, I just see two people who wanted to be together at a school dance. And that causes you to claim the sky is falling? Seems mole hills have grown recently...

Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
What morality do you exemplify here in this post and elsewhere? You are judgmental and your views are profoundly ignorant. Where did gay people try to jam their disgusting unnatural act down everyone's throat? Care to enlighten us because I don't see any agenda, I just see two people who wanted to be together at a school dance. And that causes you to claim the sky is falling? Seems mole hills have grown recently...
You are now finally starting to understand what I and others have been saying all along. Evangelicals are a Christian Taliban. Just like moderate Muslims are nothing like the Taliban. Moderate Christians are nothing like Evangelicals. The Taliban thinks their way is the most true. Likewise, Evangelicals think their brand of Christianity is the most authentic and true. Like the Taliban, Evangelicals can't be reasoned with and their opinions are not based on logic or sound reasoning. They are set in their beliefs regardless of what anyone says or thinks.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:21 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
It's just another example of a school going overboard. Punishing everyone for the deeds of a few.

that sounds just like what liberals would do.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
You've been very clear about your opinions. Calling those opinions bigoted would be a mild description. You're not ignoring the situation. It's got you so enraged you're spewing vile on an Internet bulletin board where other are having a good laugh at your expense.
You need to check your ability to do amateur psychology by ESP. I'm far from enraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that sounds just like what liberals would do.
Except this time it, appears, to be conservatives.

So perhaps this whole Liberals are this way, Conservatives are that way thing isn't even true.

Liberals and Conservatives are both that way

Old 03-22-2010, 04:03 PM

316 posts, read 214,371 times
FIrst of all we arent a bunch of Bible thumpers in the South. There are also liberal bullies like the ACLU. I dont like any groups trying to imopose things that go against most of the parents wishes including same sex dates, Creation, prayer in schools etc. Bullying never works on either side. Disagreement isnt fear or hate speech. As fas as animals go, they are called animals for areason. They cant control themselves. Gay/ lesbians are a sexual minority not racial minority big difference. Schools should get back to the ABC and 123's. A few religous whack jobs wont change my core values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies