Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:25 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times

Advertisements

Here is the article;

Attorney: Two local officers were with Roethlisberger - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Last edited by sacredgrooves; 03-11-2010 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Are you saying if this were Donovan McNabb the reaction would be different?

Vick received his treatment because of the love of Dogs in this country.
You're kidding. So the smarmy crack in the OP was because people dared to rip on a guy who killed and even tortured countless thousands of dogs in ways so brutal and sick they defy description? Go figure. And that compares to Big Ben's BS how??

If so, that's one of the most asinine things I've ever read at CD.com. And that's saying quite a lot. Roth. might be a butthead, but Vick scarcely qualifies as a human being.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
How odd. Not that I would accuse my fellow C-D posters of selective outrage.

So what gives?
Are you insinuating, because he's white we're not picking on him?

Old 03-12-2010, 04:35 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
I don't recall seeing threads in the P&OC forum on allegations against pro players. Allegations against pro athletes seem to be an almost weekly event. Usually people wait until the story has some meat to it before they post about it. Vick made this forum because he brutally tortured animals. I don't remember, but if there weren't any threads about Dante Stallworth there should have been, he basically got away with murder and is right back in the NFL.

If there ends up being anything to this story, I am sure it will be a much bigger deal. Ben's an idiot off the football field. If he screwed up, I hope he gets cut. But considering the NFL lets murderer's and animal torturers come right back and welcomes them, I don't see why Ben would get treated harshly.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:46 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Rothlesberger's an overrated quarterback, a very good one but not a great one, and seems prone to doing some kind of dumb things. I doubt the claims this gold digger are real but he's still a fool for getting into that situation. But if the charges are proven to be false, how much prison time should the "lady" get? 3 years , 5 years?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:05 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Roth. might be a butthead, but Vick scarcely qualifies as a human being.
ahhh so this was the OP's point? It's a good one if roth is found guilty. . . . assault on another human would be significantly worse that what vick did . . . although I fully suspect many would not see it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies