Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:06 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,257,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Seriously? Are you kidding me? Why would this all of a sudden be an issue? If you're not a criminal, why would this bother you?
The definition of "crime" changes with each political breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

35,016 posts, read 39,021,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
That wouldn't stop them from planting evidence/tampering with evidence, and unless you have inside info., you'd never be able to prove it.

Some examples that have come to light, but corruption has probably covered many more I'm sure:

Crime lab botched 27 DNA results - The Boston Globe

Top lab repeatedly botched DNA tests - chicagotribune.com
I know, but then (or beforehand) you get an outside, dated, witnessed test and keep it somewhere else.

Remember how we were/are all supposed to keep a few pints of the blood of each member of our families at a blood bank (or somewhere) in case of emergencies... add DNA samples to that, I guess.

31,387 posts, read 36,906,291 times
By the way, for the record, the FBI fingerprint database contains 50 million sets.

3,199 posts, read 4,300,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Jesus christ.

You get arrested, your finger prints go to a huge FBI data base. DNA, finger prints, what's the dif?

ON EDIT: Oh yeah, DNA is science, so we've got to be against that!?!
thats what I'm sayin
Microchip,DNA and prints.
Science has made the chips so much less intrusive, how can you argue against them?

p.s. bonus points for using "jesus christ" and "science" in the same post.
You progressives are goooood.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,149,672 times
OMG next he'll want to take mug shots and finger prints too.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The definition of "crime" changes with each political breath.
Such as?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,021,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
OMG next he'll want to take mug shots and finger prints too.
"He" meaning President Obama OMG?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 AM

39,793 posts, read 26,288,398 times
The Patriot Act seems to have lead everyone to accept increased government intrusion into personal privicy. I agree with some other posters, why wait till an arrest, just collect a DNA database upon everyone at birth. That whole protection against unreasonable search and seizure really doesn't mean anything anyway.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:12 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,376,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Jesus christ.

You get arrested, your finger prints go to a huge FBI data base. DNA, finger prints, what's the dif?

ON EDIT: Oh yeah, DNA is science, so we've got to be against that!?!
You have a good argument concerning finger prints.. I guess I would say what can the finger print tell you about the person besides identifying them?

Couldn't DNA be used for other purposes than identification?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
thats what I'm sayin
Microchip,DNA and prints.
Science has made the chips so much less intrusive, how can you argue against them?
Sure can, but if you can't discern the 4th and 5th Amendment objections to micro chips vs DNA and finger prints I don't see what purpose it would serve.

Quote:
p.s. bonus points for using "jesus christ" and "science" in the same post.
You progressives are goooood.
Please note the non-capitalization of christ, and I would think that such usage in this context would be clearly blasphemous by Biblical standards. So using jesus christ in the diminutive tense would be sufficiently in accord with my atheistically progressive sinfulness.

P.S. In the absence of a grown up policy regarding expletives on C-D I have to resort to such phrases as jesus christ instead of words with higher impact and emphasis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies