Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 04:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
He's still practicing the salute...
Doesn't look like a salute to me at all. His elbow is slightly bent. That looks like a Hello wave to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 05:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Doesn't look like a salute to me at all. His elbow is slightly bent. That looks like a Hello wave to me.
Do you not understand what "practicing" means?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Do you not understand what "practicing" means?
Do you not understand that it is obvious to all who read your posts that you have a rabid hatred of Glenn Beck?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Do you not understand that it is obvious to all who read your posts that you have a rabid hatred of Glenn Beck?
DUH......... I'm sure if you can see that anybody can!

Old 03-13-2010, 05:22 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
A big problem these days. The "Progressive Christians" have been subtlety changing the word as they see fit. Bible says no on homosexuality, they twist it to say it supports it or doesn't deny it. Bible speaks about helping others, they twist it to say that it means you should help the lazy, support the unwilling, and take care of those who abuse.

This is nothing new, the Bible has been used for such by many throughout time. Social justice in and how it is meant, is not what the Bible teaches. Never does it say that someone should be forced to help another. Never does it say that taking from one to give to another is good. This is nothing more than blather for political purpose and it isn't the first time it has been used for such, nor will it be the last.
Matthew 25:31-46.

It doesn't say only feed the hungry if they are not lazy. It doesn't say cloth only the willing. It doesn't say provide drink only for those who haven't abused. There are no qualifications on who a person attempting to follow Christ is suppose to help.

Matthew 25
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Old 03-13-2010, 05:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
They dont read the Bible, William Smyth, they read self-serving feel-good versions of it. And because they're not readers to start with they dont even know the difference.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:32 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Why would anybody take religious advice from someone whose sense of compassion is: "It sucks to be you"?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Because they're like that too, and want to make up a justification for it.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:14 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,059 times
Social justice = redistribution of wealth = theft

Old 03-14-2010, 12:17 AM

Social injustice = Republican World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies