Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:15 PM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times

Advertisements

Hm, is struggling considered a positive thing? I don't think it is, so almost every other American is having a hard time or worse, or did I miss anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 01:19 PM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Hm, is struggling considered a positive thing? I don't think it is, so almost every other American is having a hard time or worse, or did I miss anything?
not really. just another desperate attempt to put a happy face on a corpse.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,925,338 times
This is just what O Prez. wants stupid americans to believe so he can shove his EgoCare through and gain more control of the masses. How many people here think their present situation is better than one year ago. Be honest.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:25 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,716,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
We can all quote things we see on the news, but what about you personally. Have you lost your job, are you without Medical insurance?
Did you have to decide between food and medicine today?

To hear it told the Carter Years were just as bad yet I came out of them better off than I had ever been. My house quarupled in value while my Mortgage remained the same. I was able to get CDs at 14% for 5 years.
I am better off now than I have ever been.
Then you won't have any problems sharing your wealth. That is good news.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
It depends on what you call "suffering" and "thriving". I would say, if you compare the USA to Mexico or Haiti, almost all of us are "thriving" because, honestly, 95% of us have the basics of life- food, shelter and water. But by American standards many people are hurting badly right now.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
This is just what O Prez. wants stupid americans to believe so he can shove his EgoCare through and gain more control of the masses. How many people here think their present situation is better than one year ago. Be honest.
Mine is better but that is only due to bad weather which resulted in lots of overtime I did not get through the drought years. And the fact 5 kids are now down to 2. Me and the wife are going to Las Vegas for 5 days in May. The first real vacation we have had in years. Right now with the recession, rooms in good hotels in Vegas are like $50 a night!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,416,447 times
Thriving eh!

I just go by how many people are losing their homes because they lost their jobs! Just a silly thing I suppose.....
Or how many call our Organization wanting to know who can help them pay their utilities, or propane, or if we give out food boxes....

Old 03-13-2010, 02:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
Record foreclosures, bankruptcies, homeless, car repos since Obama took over.

Yup, everyone is thriving for sure.

The OP can see Americans are thriving from his home in Canada!

Obama said his followers are dumb as rocks and need help in making decisions, so maybe we should trust his word for once.

Dang, he was right on something for the first time in 1 1/2 years.

My county just set another all all time record for foreclosure in February. Yup, things are looking up and people are thriving living under the bridges thanks to Obamascare tactics.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:47 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Thriving eh!

I just go by how many people are losing their homes because they lost their jobs! Just a silly thing I suppose.....
Or how many call our Organization wanting to know who can help them pay their utilities, or propane, or if we give out food boxes....

It is in Obamas plan.

He wants people to have nothing and beg for food.

Then he has control of your life, thoughts and decisions.

Its in his plan.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:29 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Record foreclosures, bankruptcies, homeless, car repos since Obama took over.

Yup, everyone is thriving for sure<snipped for relevance>
You said "everyone" not me. Did you sell your Hummer yet Sunshine?
Still scouting out welfare lines Chick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies