Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The conversation is about the present, isn't it.
Let's not go back almost 7 decades, shall we?

We're in countries that don't want us there for our own selfish reasons.
We continue to invade countries and knowingly cause "collateral damage".
You're saying that we've always done it so it's okay.
Not in my country, it's not. I obviously want to live in a different America than you do.
I can clearly see that you are "all emotions," and lack logic. Re-read my posts and then tell me where I have talked about the stuff you are assuming I said. If you have any problems with our nation doing the things it does, tell it to our leaders, or maybe run for office and change things to your liking. I have nothing to do with the way the US conducts war, nor peace. Tell Obama to stop things like these, right now!!!!!!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_142087.html

Was 9/11 seven decades ago?

By the way, the war mongering Matt D. is still an idiot.

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-15-2010 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Obviously you are or you would not have stated following:

After all, what are the next set going to do?
Glad you can read my mind .

Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes that's right, this nation needs to be told how good we are again. I am sick of the mouthpieces constantly berating the USA trying to parcel and divide us up into factions of "us against them - or - left against right". And just so you know, there's a hellofalot more liberals in Hollywierd flapping their jaws about this or that on television or the web on a daily basis I'm sick of it. The Global Warming, the War, the this that and other. Shut up!

Reality sucks, don't it?

That's why God invented FOX News.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
OK this is no surprise really. Think about it, what is an actor? Basically a liar. They have to act out something they are not. Lying is the basis of their jobs. Damon is therefore an accomplished actor (Liar) as well as being a complete moron. Why do people listen to these jerks and think just because they are famous actors, they are worth listening to? The American people are more and more becoming sheeple who can't make up their own minds but must follow who they see as 'important' people.
The irony here is you're probably a huge fan of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh

Old 03-15-2010, 10:41 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
I honestly believe most liberals side with the terrorists.
After reading many of the posts here, I am even more convinced !

Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You notice, Rob, the most vocal supporters of the war are sitting on their butts on CD, not on active duty.
I tried to rep u but it wouldn't allow me to...but yeah i might disagree with Obama when we talk but I totally agree about the wars and all the UN-necessary killing going on right now in the name of protecting "the only important people on the planet" or at least that's what the government thinks and people here think...they don't see the kids that get blown up on the news ...we only get to hear about it because we don't wanna inconvenience viewers over here when they wanna eat dinner and watch the news....this war is sickening

Old 03-15-2010, 10:58 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I liked him in The Departed as a bad guy. Come to think of it, the only movie I liked Tom Hanks in was when he played a bad guy, too, in Road To perdition. They're just meat puppets. Vote with your pocketbook and don't pay to see it.

Hollywood is the only place in America that has a caste system in the workplace.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Somebody dropped aircraft on the Twin Towers.

those are the key words of exactly why these wars shouldn't be happening....we aren't fighting another army over there are we?.....another "country" didn't drop aircraft against us ...I know it's hard to believe this but I feel the U.S. government set the whole thing up and used these terrorists as a scapegoat...Bin Laden was in the CIA before as well....who rigged building 7 with all that explosive to make it come to the ground on 9/11?....the building didn't get hit by a plane and it sure didn't just crumble to the ground....it was a controlled demolition....now why would that building have been rigged to be demolished like that before the planes hit?...the CIA offices just happened to be in that very building also....and that guy said "pull it" and they warned people to leave the area because they were bringing that building down....

so tell me how all of this just happened to take place the same day the other buildings were hit with aircraft...and why would the greatest military force in the world not be able to down all other aircraft after the first plane hit....im positive that jet fighters could have tracked that 2nd plane down and took the necessary measures to bring it down one way or another....well you say what if it came to fast?...well what about plane 3 and 4 then? Bottom line..those attacks took place so this government could implement more control over the people without us fighting back and saying our rights are being violated.

The boogeyman is still out there....Bin laden is still free....but yet they can find anyone they really want to find...these wars are just continuing to kill more children and women who had nothing to do with terrorism...and we are livin it up in America while our borders remain open in this "terror" we face....it's all a lie and a bunch of bullsh$@

Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
This explains why the Left is still angry, even after winning the elction. At bottom they hate this country. I guess having to live in a country one hates could make one pissy.
The left isn't "still" angry. The real anger is on the right side, but, hey, let's not start a pissing contest. Americans are angry that their country is going in the wrong direction with whomever they vote for.

And you are 100% WRONG when you write that liberals hate this country. You are giving characteristics to people you don't understand, nor do you like. You are also blaming America's problems on people you don't understand and don't like. Liberals LOVE their country, they just wish it worked better. Isn't that exactly the sentiment conservatives claim to possess? Can it not be possible that both sides love their country but use different approaches to solve its problems? That you would reach such an illogical conclusion about liberals is a huge indication that you don't know much of anything.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 03-15-2010 at 11:58 PM..

Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I honestly believe most liberals side with the terrorists.
After reading many of the posts here, I am even more convinced !
Your eyes must have been biased before you started reading this thread.

Liberals can understand both sides of an issue. That's something non-liberals have a huge difficulty with. Liberals see the world in shades of gray. Non-liberal thinking can only accommodate black and white.

Like my previous post above, you are describing liberals in terms that are inflammatory and not based in reality. Your belief in the "evilness" of liberals does a huge disservice to your country because you have now equated liberals with the enemies, whoever they might be. A few more steps down that road and the country ends up self-imploding. Do you really want that to materialize?

If I saw a scene in a movie where foreigners attempt and/or succeed in killing Americans that have clearly wronged them, it is quite easy for me to see the justification for their actions. If I felt like cheering them on, it won't make me anti-American, nor would it make me a terrorist. It makes me HUMAN. Two wrongs don't make a right. Any person who can't see that is probably beyond help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies