Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Regarding border security are you concerned that:
A terrorist/drug or illegal gun dealer can just walk (border) into the USA undetected. 21 58.33%
A terrorist can blend in with aliens and DHS not detect him/her. 18 50.00%
A terrorist can get in easily through the airport security into the USA. 12 33.33%
A terrorist can stay in the USA for years undetected. 21 58.33%
A terrorist can be caught by DHS and then released under Catch/Release. 12 33.33%
Nah there are no terrorists... it's all a hoax.. bumber sticker stuff. 6 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS IMMIGRATION ITSELF HERE AND LET'S FOCUS ON BORDER SECURITY AND NATIONAL SECURITY OVERALL.

I pose these questions for everyone:

1. Do you think a terrorist can easily slip through the border undetected?

2. Can a terrorist or a drug lord or illegal gun dealer get through Customs in an airport?

Mind you, we have Just take this week an American with tuberculosis shows up at the border. We're in the middle of a debate over immigration and controlling the border. He shows up at the border. The computer says do not let him enter and only deal with him in a hazardous suit.

And the border patrol currently is so ill-trained, or the immigration service is so ill-trained, that the guy lets him in — looks at him with his eyeballs and says, "you know, I don't think he looks sick," and lets him in.

3. Do you think border security is related to immigration enforcement?

Again, let's leave the immigration issue outside of this thread and discuss the SECURITY aspect of an unsecure border and how terrorists can get in and remain undetected for years.

The issue I am trying to make reference to (again, let's focus on the security side of the issue): You learn that there are three illegal terrorists in New Jersey who were in the U.S. for 23 years illegally, intercepted by the police 75 times in the last six years, and it was never indicated that they were here illegally.

4. Is Al-Queida or Hezbollah so dumb that they cannot figure out a way to enter the US through the open border??

Mind you, the US has arrested and imprisoned several Hezbollah operatives in the USA in the past couple years.... see the story: Hezbollah in America - Editorials/Op-Ed - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

5. Can a terrorist buy a Mexican ID card and/or passport from a corrupt Mexican official (they are literaly everywhere)?? If yes, could our incompetent Dept of Homeland inSecurity catch the guy and figure out he is a terrorist before letting him into the USA on some cheesy bond (under the Catch-and-Release program)?

6. Once inside the US either through the border or by airplane, can the USA track a terrorist within its soil?? Why or why not??

Let's hear your opinions!! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
2. Can a terrorist or a drug lord or illegal gun dealer get through Customs in an airport?

6. Once inside the US either through the border or by airplane, can the USA track a terrorist within its soil?? Why or why not??

Let's hear your opinions!! Thank you.
2. As long as they don't take an international flight or hide it in a very hidden compartment.
6. No, because there is no border security between states. WE NEED TO SECURE OUR STATE BORDERS and probably our county borders as well! Its about time to put customs posts at each state and/or county border crossing. The tariffs will make the state or county richer aside making the state safer from out-of-staters.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:21 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Well.... that certainly was not too insightful....

Old 06-08-2007, 05:21 AM

264 posts, read 829,680 times
1, 4..Absolutely!
My partner and I are truck drivers and over 1/2 of our runs take us along I-8 and I-10. We are stopped on numerous occasions every week by the BP and its an absolute joke. Here we are driving a semi with a 53' trailer that could hold anything and all they ever do is come up to the cab and ask, "Are you a US citizen?" Give me a break! What am I gonna say, no?? Geesh.

3...Definitely.
The only thing I see the BP concerned with is illegals. They do on many, many occasions have ppl pulled over on the side and are inspecting their credentials. Also, the focus is heavily on drugs as well. Perhaps the dogs can also sniff for explosives/weapons too but all I've ever seen is drug searches.

5...Definitely. I see them all the time. We deal with "lumpers" (the people who load/unload our trailers) all the time and on many occasions I've seen some of their "IDs". Most of them look like they were made in someones garage and yet they use them every day for cashing checks, etc.

Here's something to think about.
We deal with the Transportation Security Admin., a part of Homeland Security. They are the ppl who do the background checks on drivers before issuing a hazardous materials endorsement on our CDL. My partner, who's father is a Colonel in the Army, who spent 4 years in the Army herself, who has been driving trucks for over 15 years WITH a hazmat endorsement, recently tried to renew her license. The TSA sent her a letter saying they considered her a threat to national security because they couldnt verify her immigration status. She is a US citizen born abroad on a US military base. WE had to provide them with all the necessary paperwork!!!!!!!
Are they so incompetant that they can't even find a simple document that is readily available to the public????? If so, what else are they missing!!??

And to think...I see men wearing turbans driving tanker trucks every..single..day.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Border Security is a bad joke! Last week they let in a plague carrier after the machine said he was a risk. Nothing is inspected, only law-abiding citizens are harassed, and most of the border does not even have a fence!

Can terrorists cross over? Of course they can. How else would they get here? Oh, like maybe being born here like McVey, the mafia, the KKK, most drug traffickers and the rest of the violent criminals.

Buy the way; I just love the idea of state border security with border crossing checkpoints. Combine that with subcutaneous RFID chips stuck in your body that record everywhere you have ever been and if you have approved travel permits and we would have a perfectly secure tyranny. Papers, Please demands the GESTAPO!

Great idea but it has been tried before and is still being used in many unfortunate places

I prefer to remain free to travel wherever I want whenever I want and I'll take my chances with terrorists of any size, shape or number.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:25 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Buy the way; I just love the idea of state border security with border crossing checkpoints. Combine that with subcutaneous RFID chips stuck in your body that record everywhere you have ever been and if you have approved travel permits and we would have a perfectly secure tyranny. Papers, Please demands the GESTAPO!

Great idea but it has been tried before and is still being used in many unfortunate places

I prefer to remain free to travel wherever I want whenever I want and I'll take my chances with terrorists of any size, shape or number.
That's why I don't like papers crossing borders. Do you want the government to know that you've been to Cuba or France? How can Alaskans come to the lower 48 by land without crossing Canada? Do they always bring that passport with them? Why don't we do the same crossing state borders in the lower 48?

Assuming that these immigrant freaks are successfully 'secure our borders,' what will stop these immigrant freaks from 'enforcing' our state and county borders? Why are they 'securing' the border? To stop us from escaping from the future Nazi fascist government? Apparently they do not know what freedom of movement is.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Many on this board and in this country will gladly give someone else’s (yours or mine) freedom for their perceived security. I am not willing to give up any of my freedom, or take any of yours, because I know we will not be made more secure but only less free.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM

14 posts, read 45,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Many on this board and in this country will gladly give someone else’s (yours or mine) freedom for their perceived security. I am not willing to give up any of my freedom, or take any of yours, because I know we will not be made more secure but only less free.
GregW...I will fight in your corner anytime. GregW - I nominate you for President. That is exactly How I feel.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:01 PM

7 posts, read 14,381 times
Forget about border security for now and concentrate on undying American greed & interest & the demand & requirement it has for "cheap labor." Stop that & the immigration problem will end. You think?

Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747air View Post
Forget about border security for now and concentrate on undying American greed & interest & the demand & requirement it has for "cheap labor." Stop that & the immigration problem will end. You think?
Absolutely! It's those that employ illegal immigrants that need to go to jail. The first punishment should be to boycott their products and stores.

By the way, we just bought a commercial building that will need some repairs. Does anyone know if Lowes supports illegal workers with day labor areas like Home Depot? If so I will pay more for my supplies and go to a small company because Home Depot will never get another dollar from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies