Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Every "conservative" comment I have ever read or heard, recently, have been Obama bashers.

CD is about as close as I want or care to get. Therefore I draw my conclusions accordingly.
Hey, sarge is there a chance that you could explain what the Slaughter rule to pass legislation is and whether it is constitutional or not? I don't think that asking about something like that is Obama bashing although Obama does agree that it could be used to pass the Reid bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I agree.

Other examples would be conservative columnists, their tv and radio personalities, the TeaBagger movement and Sarah Palin and her followers (to name just a few) are all "conservatives" who certainly fall into the category of Obama Bashers...
Are there any Palin bashers among the progressives around here? I guess that is ok though since she is a woman and also a conservative. Right?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,094 times
Ask yourself this question. If the views expressed on CD were common among most conservatives in the real world, wouldn't they have had their hillbilly revolution by now? If these views are as common as you say they are, Obama would have never been elected. I personally know many conservatives and Republicans who are disgusted by Limbaugh, Beck, and their ilk. The conservatives whom I know who dislike Obama have never mentioned the words "Kenyan" or "Communist", "Monkey" "Negro" ok, perhaps 1 or 2, but the majority of the conservatives I know have not.

The nutcases you see on here are just that nutcases. I'd take it a step further and say that many don't express these views in public. You see the internet allows people to say things they normally wouldn't say in real life, like "I'm a 5'9 blond bombshell" or "I'm a wealthy rich good looking Dr., let's take a ride in my yacht"

Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are there any Palin bashers among the progressives around here? I guess that is ok though since she is a woman and also a conservative. Right?
Yes, the progressives have bashed Palin, myself included. However, quite a bit of difference does exist from bashing someone you might disagree and questioning the Patriotism of those you disagree with calling them anti-American, for the Terrorists or whatever other lunatic extreme accusation you could think of...

Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When will we see these "conservatives" on radio, television shows, cable news, and in print media, telling the rest of the country that they don't align themselves with these "Obama Bashes"!!

Right now the NRC is and has done nothing but lead by example in how to undermine, dis-respect, and obstruct this President.

They then refuse to rein in the certifiable loons who spout the "Hussein", communist, anti-Christ nonsense; and are actually reaching out to them for nothing more than votes for office.

Where are these rational conservatives you speak of??..I truly would like to visit their websites to view sane opposition.
I don't know what that NRC you referred to has said about Obama but how about you telling me how he is not going to go along with the Slaughter Solution which his people in the House have come up with to pass the Senate bill without the House voting on it. I keep reading about it places but don't see it being discussed by lefties on this forum. Try this link if you don't know what the Slaughter Solution is.

House Democrats appear set to pass Senate bill without voting on it | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

You asked for a link to a conservative blog and you now have one.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 PM

805 posts, read 773,940 times
Quote:
Now it is time for the progs to attack you again without saying word one about the things you have pointed out that are all relevant and true.
Appreciate your support.

They are just spitting and farting into the wind.
Bet none of them thought of wearing a raincoat or a gas mask.
You'd think that they'd wonder why it's raining yellow all the time and smells skunky

Little neutered attack chihuahua's... nothing to fear or get upset about.
I've got most of them on what they are Igno-rant.

So far they've barked nothing humorous or intelligent.... boring!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I think that the OP provided much of what you want to see and all of it has been from the Obama books that progs accept as the only truth in the history of Obama. I haven't read either book but the parts that progs have insisted I read have said the very things that he has said. What more can you want than his own words?
While looking thru the internet for Obummer speeches, I ran across this one on "race", archived on the Huff Post.
Mostly apologetics for Rev.Jeremiah Wrong ending with a tear-jerker story about a campaign worker who was 9yo when her mother was diagnosed with cancer and to save money told mommy her favorite food was mustard and relish sanwiches. I nearly puked.

See if you don't agree that he is a pompous, narcissistic windbhagg!

Obama Race Speech: Read The Full Text

Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
"Kenyan-unAmerican Hussein Barack ObaMao HATES the Constitution of the United States"

Do you realize that childish insults such as this only makes you look ignorant and infantile?
You mean like the childish insults that the ObaMao/Puglosi/gReid cabal is playing on the American people trying to force an unwanted, generational-debt-bomb DeathCare Bill on U.S.? You mean ignorant and infantile like that?

Let me break it down for you, lady in La la land.

Kenyan- (his father's nationality)

unAmerican (a play on peoples nationality like German-American) except I used the prefix un because of his coercive and divisive manner of governing.

Hussein Barack (his frickin given name... duuh!)

ObaMao (a cunning way of making the point that Obama is Mao like in his associations, appointments, admiration of, thinking, governing style)

HATES (He sure as hell doesn't love the Constitution by what he said and by they way he interprets it)

So next time you go around with that pea-shooter posting of yours and throw around terms like childish, insults, ignorant and infantile get a clue first. And if you can't get one - (Cavuto fans) BUY ONE.

Apologies not accepted! Think before you post.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:07 AM

""Kenyan-unAmerican Hussein Barack ObaMao HATES the Constitution of the United States!
"Protect and Defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, Foreign and Domestic"... not Barack Hussein ObaMao!
This false president LIED when he swore this Oath at his Inauguration to do just this!""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Whole lotta name calling, not much substance. Troll much?
Wish I could help you but... ??? name calling??? and a whole lotta???
You know very little about name calling and even less about trolling!

Try making some sense next time.....

Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, the progressives have bashed Palin, myself included. However, quite a bit of difference does exist from bashing someone you might disagree and questioning the Patriotism of those you disagree with calling them anti-American, for the Terrorists or whatever other lunatic extreme accusation you could think of...
"Questioning the patriotism of those you disagree with by calling them..."

You mean like the Democrat leadership calling people they disagree with names like Nazi, unAmerican, unpatriotic, etc.? Astroturf is mild compared to those. And, mind you, that's coming from leaders of the party, not the common man-in-the-street (or CD for that matter); the latter might be easily dismissed as ignorant and gauche, but not so the former. What's their excuse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies