Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 10:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMlost12 View Post
Please find a credible source other than Jaworoski. He is not accepted by the scientific community and his philosophy is that we should be more worried about a new ice age. Addtionally his research indicated that the removal of lead from vehicle fuels was a fraud and not based on scintific fact. So what did he base his facts on if he does not believe ice core samples, sattelite photos from the Jurrasic period??

What about your supposed facts that the earths atmosphere was 700 ppM 10,000 years ago, then it was 20,000 years ago, now you are throwing out the Jurrasic period? Godd you're getting closer. You keep on bringing up the fact that there was a time when the co2 content was much greater than now, does that have any revelance? Do you realize that man did not exist then or did that escape you. The temperature at one time was the same over the entire earth including the poles and the average temperature was 10 Deg C higher, so whats your point. Any proof that we is part of a natural cycle?

Plants take in CO2 and generate O2, do you realize how long it takes for a plant to remove a pound of CO2? I know you hav'nt noticed but there is are a few less trees around than 100 years ago or 20,000 years ago.

Truth is that people like you will never change their minds no matter what the proof. If the carbon levels go to 700ppM next week you will still be in the same place.
Can you tell me that the Iceland volcano eruption is not caused by global warming? Today I heard a man on TV say that one of those warmers did say yesterday that global warming caused that eruption. I need someone to explain that one to me and maybe you know enough about warming to handle this one. I will try very hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 10:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,111,498 times
According to Nye, it’s easier to sell the theory of anthropogenic global warming to younger generations since “older people” have a harder time with the concept. He agreed with the show’s host Rachel Maddow, who likened the snowfall in Washington, D.C. to a full-court one-handed buzzer-beating basketball shot earlier in her program.

“Well, my thinking is, I thought about this a lot as an educator, spent a lot of time with a lot of people,” Nye said. “It's mostly generational, it seems to be. This is anecdotal for me. Older people just have a much harder time grasping the idea that you have many billions of people on the planet with a very, very thin atmosphere – you're able to affect its climate. Younger people are able to sort of embrace it, understand the evidence and move forward.

Bill Nye 'The Science Guy': Denying Climate Change 'Unpatriotic,' 'Inappropriate' (http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2010/20100211063234.aspx - broken link)

Old 04-18-2010, 09:36 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,474 times
Hmmmm so what are we going to do now with the volcano going off in Iceland?
Put a cork in it?

LOL that volcano has probably spewd out more crap than all the cars on the planet....so now what?

Ok,so millions of yrs ago when this planet was a steaming tropical hell.....there we no people on it.....Like I said in another post, the planet will do what it wants to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:30 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,505,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Hmmmm so what are we going to do now with the volcano going off in Iceland?
Put a cork in it?

LOL that volcano has probably spewd out more crap than all the cars on the planet....so now what?

Ok,so millions of yrs ago when this planet was a steaming tropical hell.....there we no people on it.....Like I said in another post, the planet will do what it wants to do!!!!!!!!!!!
And mankind will do what it wants to do in order to make a profit. Thats the part you are having trouble with

Old 04-18-2010, 10:42 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
According to Nye, it’s easier to sell the theory of anthropogenic global warming to younger generations since “older people” have a harder time with the concept. He agreed with the show’s host Rachel Maddow, who likened the snowfall in Washington, D.C. to a full-court one-handed buzzer-beating basketball shot earlier in her program.

“Well, my thinking is, I thought about this a lot as an educator, spent a lot of time with a lot of people,” Nye said. “It's mostly generational, it seems to be. This is anecdotal for me. Older people just have a much harder time grasping the idea that you have many billions of people on the planet with a very, very thin atmosphere – you're able to affect its climate. Younger people are able to sort of embrace it, understand the evidence and move forward.

Bill Nye 'The Science Guy': Denying Climate Change 'Unpatriotic,' 'Inappropriate' (http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2010/20100211063234.aspx - broken link)
I often think that older people can't grasp the concept of manmade global warming because they weren't taught by people who have been indoctrinated themselves by those who want to push green technology off on us. I am saying that the teachers hadn't been indoctrinated with left leaning thought before they taught we old people.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,143,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Maybe beacause older people have been told different versions of this by the so called experts. I remember as a kid in the 70's being told we were heading towards a new ice age. I also recall killer bees were going to kill us all too, LOL.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:45 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And mankind will do what it wants to do in order to make a profit. Thats the part you are having trouble with

Hmm kind of didnt answer anything.....I guess we should all live in tents and stick a windmill out our arse!!!!

Global warming/Global cooling it doesnt matter....The planet will do as it wants.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:47 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you tell me that the Iceland volcano eruption is not caused by global warming? Today I heard a man on TV say that one of those warmers did say yesterday that global warming caused that eruption. I need someone to explain that one to me and maybe you know enough about warming to handle this one. I will try very hard to understand.
The volcano was not sauced by global warming but it may posably cause global cooling.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:29 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,284,316 times
Global Warming is a red herring. It was concocted by big business in order to gain control on the marketplace by regulating the ability to create pollution. The earth regulates itself. As temperature rises there is increased ocean evaporation, resulting in more rain. The rain in turn spawns more plant and algae growth, which in turn causes more oxygen production. Over the millennia there have been natural occurrences that have injected more green house gasses into the air than manmade causes could do in a million years, and yet life goes on. There are two very real problems mankind faces in the future and global warming is not one of them. One is overpopulation, and the other is the world banking interests who are taking control of government’s world wide. Those are the issues that we need to be focusing on, not red herrings created for profit by big business that divert attention.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 AM

9,887 posts, read 10,816,502 times
What is algores plan to stop the volcanoes ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies