Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Who cares is the Palins are there? This has nothing to do with celebrity and everything to do with people turning out to tell the President that he, and Congress, are acting against the will of the people.
You still haven't provided any links to the fact that the "people are against" healthcare.

Your imagination doesn't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 08:10 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
From the only poll I've seen looking into this found at:
Who are the Tea Party activists? - CNN.com
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...2/17/rel4b.pdf

QUESTION 24. SAMPLING ERROR: +/-9 PERCENTAGE POINTS.
Tea Party All Activists Respondents

18-29 years old 20% 20%
30-49 years old 40% 35%
50-64 years old 29% 27%
65 and older 12% 17%

Seems to me that the 30-49 years old have the highest percentage.
Does anyone read it differently?
no. but it pretty well puts to rest katie's assumption, thanks.

Quote:
Here's the racial make up:
White 80% 71%
African-American 2% 11%
Latino 10% 11%

I think that shows that is by far an imbalance in racial make up.
what should the racial balance be in order to meet with your approval?

Old 03-14-2010, 08:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You still haven't provided any links to the fact that the "people are against" healthcare.

You must not avail yourself of the polls.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

no one ever claimed people are against healthcare, so why would a link be necessary?

mainely jersey already put up an actual relevant link, quite some time back.

i believe it was shortly after you demanded one, then claimed you wouldn't look at it anyway

Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Who cares is the Palins are there? This has nothing to do with celebrity and everything to do with people turning out to tell the President that he, and Congress, are acting against the will of the people.
Sorry but The Tea Party Movement is NOT "the voice of the people".

That ragged & bigoted group of self centered democracy bashers, known as the Tea Party, have a single minded agenda that is NOT in the best interest of the majority of the citizens of the Unites States of America.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but The Tea Party Movement is NOT "the voice of the people".

That ragged & bigoted group of self centered democracy bashers, known as the Tea Party, have a single minded agenda that is NOT in the best interest of the majority of the citizens of the Unites States of America.
What does the Tea Party have to do with my response? I never claimed that the Tea Party was the voice of the people. Strange.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no. but it pretty well puts to rest katie's assumption, thanks.

what should the racial balance be in order to meet with your approval?
Back at ya'... what's yours?

I do think that it helps confirm those who say that the tea party is by far made up of whites are correct. There isn't a whole lot of diversity if you will. Not necessarily morally wrong... but not a reflection of the US population as a whole. Therefore, at least in my mind, brings up the question as to why at this time it's primarily a 'white' movement?

Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Most of these "Teabaggers" are retired. Nothing else to do but gallivant around the country for a little demonstration.
I think those bus style RV can haul quite a few.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I think those bus style RV can haul quite a few.

So could a sheep hauler

Old 03-14-2010, 08:44 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Will the health insurance industry provide transportation, lodgings, and food?
Their lobbyists have been in Washington working on this bill for a year now. It's THEIR bill!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Stop it for what? So I can have ever increasing premiums, declining benefits, less and less choice, and more chance of getting sick and dying in one of the most rich and best health care/providing countries in the history of the world? For what? So that a corporate entity can make a few more percent on their stock values?

No thanks. I'm already shorting their stocks, since their shorting my life and my children's life, I guess turn about is fair play.
Maybe you should read the CBO reports stating that your premiums ARE NOT going to go down. There are no cost control measures in this bill. If you are not in a group plan your costs will be 10-13% higher than they would be without any bill passing. If you are in a group plan your premiums may be 0-3% lower than they would be otherwise. Oh, and your benefits will be determined by a government panel now...the same panel that doesn't want women doing breast exams at home (or at the doctors office) or getting mammograms until they are 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How about booze, prostitutes, movies, etc?
Yes, I am sure the insurance reps will be having a HUGE party once this bill passes. I've heard they are estimating $300 BILLION in new revenue from the mandate insurance requirements....no limits on pay or bonus or profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's always fun to watch the pawns of insurance companies. People who have never once seen a reimbursement schedule and can barely balance their checkbook have decided they know everything about health care industry finance. Most screaming violence if they don't get their way because they are not the majority. Then promptly and loudly complain about health insurance costs, or complaints of getting government out of their Medicare, often in the same rant about how evil reform is.

People wonder why, and complain how, hard it is to get ahead with all these crippling costs for working Americans. Then vote against their own best interests again and again in the view it is some how "patriotic" because emotionally charged pundits, like Beck and Limbaugh, rail at them to do so...even after it's pointed out repeatedly they are shills for their corporate and financial interests. It's gotten to the point of being hilarious to watch, because it happens so frequently and with such obvious holes in logic. I'm just going to sit back with a beer and watch the show of stupidity.
LOL....you don't even know who the pawns are. Just ask the CEO of AHIP about all of their contributions to the bill.

Maybe you'd care to read the CBO reports and show where costs are going to go down at all. It just isn't in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies