Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Ahem.. fortress Britain would not have lasted without assistance from across the pond. And most of what is America today were not colonies of Georgie.
I was thinking the same thing. Colorado was never a colony of England. Even the part of Pennsylvania where I was born was not a colony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Colorado was never a colony of England. Even the part of Pennsylvania where I was born was not a colony.
Yup. You have the French from the Louisiana purchase. Florida, Texas and the SW were Spain/Mexico. Alaska was purchased from Russia. Hawaii was independent. The Pacific NW and upper Midwest were established by Americans. And Americans kicked out the bloody arrogant Brits.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Ahem.. fortress Britain would not have lasted without assistance from across the pond. And most of what is America today were not colonies of Georgie.
I'll have you know that Britain entered WWII in 1939.

Your lot were too busy profiteering from the war until you were dragged in Dec 1941.

carry on.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Carrying on...back to the OP and much of the discussion of this thread. The question is why Palin derides a system that she has willingly used for her or her family members. It's just more of the "Why does Palin say one thing" yet something of a complete opposite nature come to fore regarding her actions? For those who are hel* bent on defending Palin no matter what, ok, we got it, you like the lady so much that you don't care that she's contrary. But for many of us, the fact that a portion of the American populace sees this woman as any type of leader is impetus enough to dissect both her words and actions. Deconstruction if you may.

It's not Palin derangement syndrome, as so many would LOVE to say when ANYONE criticizes Palin. It's an engaged citizen response to public officials and "political celebrities" actions. If you feel personally angered everytime someone criticizes Palin I would say you have a legitmate problem! Palin is not that concerned about you- why are you so quick to defend her???

Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
The question is why Palin derides a system that she has willingly used for her or her family members.
read the whole thread. we've been over this in excruciating detail.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
read the whole thread. we've been over this in excruciating detail.
Well, the thread seems to go on for 10+ pages despite the fact that this has been gone over in excruciating detail. Why does it take so many pages to hash out the details?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Well, the thread seems to go on for 10+ pages despite the fact that this has been gone over in excruciating detail. Why does it take so many pages to hash out the details?
the PDS-afflicted aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. that's the most logical answer i can give ya.

honestly, take the time to read the whole thing. palin was 5-6 years old when all this happened. as far as can be determined, it was her brother who received medical attention in canada. it has not been shown that his parents did not pay. what sarah palin could have done to stop this dastardly deed has yet to be determined.

it has been shown that single-payer health care did not fully reach yukon until 1972 - two or three years after palin's brother was taken by his parents to a health care facility in canada.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,504 times
Quote:
It's like breastmilk.
Give the Palin apologists a sniff and they just can't help themselves.

Personally I blame McCain.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 PM

109 posts in, and inderal still can't defend this useless claim:

Quote:
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin -- admitted over the weekend that she used to get her treatment in Canada's single-payer system.
sad, but hardly surprising

Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the PDS-afflicted aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. that's the most logical answer i can give ya.

honestly, take the time to read the whole thing. palin was 5-6 years old when all this happened. as far as can be determined, it was her brother who received medical attention in canada. it has not been shown that his parents did not pay. what sarah palin could have done to stop this dastardly deed has yet to be determined.

it has been shown that single-payer health care did not fully reach yukon until 1972 - two or three years after palin's brother was taken by his parents to a health care facility in canada.
Well, I definitely do take offense to the comment that PDS afflicted arent the sharpest knives in the drawer.

During the time that I lived in AK, I worked at an center that helped abused children. Palin was gov at that time. It's almost impossible to find any statement that family supporting , hockey mom GOV Palin makes about helping the abused in her own state during this time. It's common knowldege among AK dwellers that this was never part of her focus. A hockey mom who preached abstinence and family values but barely has a toe to stand on when it comes to actually family values issues in her own state? Sorry busters. You're so gosh dang Palin happy that you refuse to look at the facts. Your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies