Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:00 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,479,829 times

Advertisements

Limbaugh: I'll Leave US If Health Care Reform Passes (VIDEO) - Video
Rush Limbaugh to leave U.S. if health reform passes - Article

Quote:
Conservative talk radio host and poster boy for all things GOP Rush Limbaugh has finally had enough.
After doing his level-best to incite a Republican resurrection in the 2010 mid-term elections, the Republican broadcast equivalent of ‘Bam-Bam’ from the ‘Flintstones’ cartoons has vowed that he will pack up his belongings and leave the United States if the U.S. Congress passes health care reform.

(And the problem with this is….?)

Limbaugh, who has criticized the Obama administrations’ every move on every subject since the November, 2008 election evidently doesn’t want to be one of the well-heeled-well-to-do who will be contributing some of his financial largess to uninsured Americans seeking the peace of mind having some form of health care coverage will bring.

(If getting rid of Rush was this simple, why hasn’t health care reform come closer to passing sooner?)

According to comments the entertainer and one-man political oppression movement made on his radio show today, Limbaugh told a caller to his show that he would think nothing of moving to Costa Rica should the Obama administration succeed in pushing through health care reform that is rumored to cost one trillion dollars by providing coverage to 30 million Americans presently ‘flying naked’, without any form of coverage.

(We’ll even pack him a sammich!)

Interestingly, Costa Rica offers universal health care to it’s residents; but would certainly benefit from all the attention and influence Limbaugh would bring to the Central American paradise.
For example: Since Limbaugh’s multi-million dollar compensation for his radio show on Clear Channel Communications exceeds Costa Rica’s GDP of $11,440 (PPP), the economy there is certain to benefit from having Rush running around in his golf cart and bamboo hat, doling out fivski’s to the natives.

There will be no homesickness for Limbaugh, since two of the major export industries in Costa Rica come from pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline and consumer products staple Proctor & Gamble. Thus, Limbaugh would not be experiencing any homesickness or separation anxiety from some of his favorite products as a result of his relocation.

Indeed, a second look reveals that Costa Rica would be an ideal fit for Limbaugh: the population is 94% white and mestizos, and Christianity is the dominant religion with Roman Catholicism identified as the State Religion according to the 1949 Constitution.

Since Rush Limbaugh will feel right at home in Costa Rica and it will clearly be a win-win situation if he leaves the U.S. for those glistening Caribbean shores, why not leave now for a practice run, Rush?
Just don’t let the American flag hit you in your considerable rump on your way out of the U.S.
Leave then. See if I care. Just don't come over to Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 07:09 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,940,768 times
Don't let the door hit ya where the good split ya!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM

68 posts, read 45,287 times
Rush Limbaugh is one of the greatest minds our nation has to offer so i hope he stays.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,210,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
Rush Limbaugh is one of the greatest minds our nation has to offer so i hope he stays.
Ohhh, man.
Then he'll be a liar, oops, too late.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 PM

760 posts, read 1,267,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
If a fat bloated racist ignorant drugged up college drop out who has no idea that Costa Rica has universal health care is the greatest our nation has to offer, than our nation is royally f @$%#.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 PM

680 posts, read 1,380,035 times
I'm so excited about the health care plan. I didn't really care much about it until Rush made this promise.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM

20,259 posts, read 36,969,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Limbaugh: I'll Leave US If Health Care Reform Passes (VIDEO) - Video
Rush Limbaugh to leave U.S. if health reform passes - Article

Leave then. See if I care. Just don't come over to Germany.
Rush never said such thing, but I am certain that not even Rush can convince you otherwise. Now, if you were interested in finding out the truth, you could very well read the transcripts for Rush's show that day.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Rush never said such thing, but I am certain that not even Rush can convince you otherwise. Now, if you were interested in finding out the truth, you could very well read the transcripts for Rush's show that day.
Or you could just listen to him say it. Rush Limbaugh "I am leaving the country, I'm going to Costa Rica"

I suppose you will claim this is not his voice? Just like Rush never made the joke about celebrating the birthday of Martin Luther King's assassin.

YouTube - Will Rush Limbaugh flee into the clutches of Costa Rica's public health care system?

Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 PM

20,259 posts, read 36,969,520 times
Rush said (I was listening to his show), the he would leave the US and go to Costa Rica for medical treatment. He never said that he would leave the US. That video only shows a portion of what he was saying, therefore it's not the truth.
Why Rush Limbaugh would go to Costa Rica if Obama's healthcare plan passes / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Rush said (I was listening to his show), the he would leave the US and go to Costa Rica for medical treatment. He never said that he would leave the US. That video only shows a portion of what he was saying, therefore it's not the truth.
Why Rush Limbaugh would go to Costa Rica if Obama's healthcare plan passes / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
So when Limbaugh said "I'm leaving the country" he didn't mean he would leave the US. He meant he would leave another country, like Canada, or Africa.

LMFAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies