Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

So age is synonomous with smarts?
Great....will you defer to my opinions then?

(not that it has much to do with anything, but my mom lived with a bag until she died at 97)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't need a lecture from someone younger than my daughter about how hard life can be. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

It might not be the govt's job to buy me an ice cream cone, but I do think the government should help those who are in need get health care. Maybe you'd like a colostomy, too!
Have you even read this lousy healthcare bill? It gives icecream cones to everybody. And just because you're older doesn't mean you're wiser. It just means you've been dumb for a longer period of time.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
He's 23 or 24, the age when many people think they know everything. My oldest is older than him, the youngest about his age.
At age 23/24 he seems to be more educated on the responsibilities of the federal govt more than many...
Quote:
I'm an RN. I've worked with people who have colostomies. I've changed many a bag. I have been a visiting nurse and helped people learn to do colostomy care in their homes. Believe me, it's nothing anyone wants.
many dont want cancer, artificial legs, glass eyes, live in wheel chairs, but sometimes there is no option..

Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Have you even read this lousy healthcare bill? It gives icecream cones to everybody. And just because you're older doesn't mean you're wiser. It just means you've been dumb for a longer period of time.
I've learned a lot about life since I was that age. Way more than I learned in nursing school.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I've learned a lot about life since I was that age. Way more than I learned in nursing school.
We arent discussing lessons in life, we are discussing the healthcare bill..

Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We arent discussing lessons in life, we are discussing the healthcare bill..
hsnq started the life lesson discussion.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:29 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Mark, why don't you write him a check then?

No? Why not? That's what you're asking the rest of us to do, right?

Or is it that you're IN LOVE with the idea of healthcare reform, but you're not willing to see that robbing peter to pay paul and cozying up with the insurance companies is not the way to do it?

Please, enlighten us by telling us how this man, and other macro situations like it, will NOT run up the debt or deficit?

Life sucks. No one said it would be fair. And no matter what Barack Obama tells you, life still won't be fair when he signs the legislation. YOU will be paying for this man's sad affairs all in the name of what? A victory for
Barack Obama at the behest of everyone else's paycheck? What a sham.

Oh, please. My mother-in-law who was in her high 80's had all kinds of procedures done about a month before she died (from a $12,000 pacemaker to hip replacement, to this surgery and that surgery, to this and that) all because she had Medicare and all paid by Medicare.

I guess it's okay to deny some people healthcare, but perfectly fine for others to receive it - all paid by taxpayers. The trouble with you guys is that it has nothing to do with logic, it has to do with the desire to crush Obama, even if it means taking our whole country down to do it. Yeah, that's American. NOT.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Oh, please. My mother-in-law who was in her high 80's had all kinds of procedures done about a month before she died (from a $12,000 pacemaker to hip replacement, to this surgery and that surgery, to this and that) all because she had Medicare and all paid by Medicare.

I guess it's okay to deny some people healthcare, but perfectly fine for others to receive it - all paid by taxpayers. The trouble with you guys is that it has nothing to do with logic, it has to do with the desire to crush Obama, even if it means taking our whole country down to do it. Yeah, that's American. NOT.
And the problem with "you guys" is you think your mother in law would still receive those procedures after the medicare budget is cut by $500 BILLION

Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
I don't need a lecture from someone younger than my daughter about how hard life can be. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

It might not be the govt's job to buy me an ice cream cone, but I do think the government should help those who are in need get health care. Maybe you'd like a colostomy, too!
Katiana - it IS embarissing that I have to lecture someone older than me about responsibility.

Don't tell me just because I am young that I don't know anything. I am 24 years old and have put myself through college, have a full time job, have bought a house, and am currently going to grad school at night. My life isn't exactly easy, and I have not recieved handouts from ANYONE for anything I have done.

Life is an uphill battle - deal with it!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Katiana - it IS embarissing that I have to lecture someone older than me about responsibility.

Don't tell me just because I am young that I don't know anything. I am 24 years old and have put myself through college, have a full time job, have bought a house, and am currently going to grad school at night. My life isn't exactly easy, and I have not recieved handouts from ANYONE for anything I have done.

Life is an uphill battle - deal with it!
Do you know Katiana personally? Then I wouldn't "lecture" her on responsibility.

I have lived a hard life myself and have not taken any handouts. That doesn't mean that I feel that people should suffer from lack of healthcare simply because they can't afford it. That's not a "handout" that's being a respectful human.

You are only 24 years old - you may think you know it all, but you most likely haven't lived through the worst of it. I'd like to see what you'd do if it was yourself or your family in a position like the person in the article. If a child of yours was walking around with a colostomy and you lost your job and healthcare, I guess you'd tell them to suck it up and not look for a "handout", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies