Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:34 AM

218 posts, read 579,980 times

Advertisements

Favorite liberal argument. "If you're not for Obamacare-socialized medicine, you don't WANT health reform at all." Huge lie. Huge lie. The opposition has never ever said that. No matter what form of medical system we have it will not be perfect, folks. In Canada and England, you feel newspapers full every day of folks saying "sick, in debt, poor as a church mouse." They instead have a different range of problems. One, you don't get to do much choosing when it comes to health care (I have relatives in England - this IS true, don't say it isnt!), there IS rationing, elderly do suffer because there are life-saving techniques they do not get due to age, worse care and lack of resources and equipment because when its the govt. health system, they are pinching pennies, folks. If people want Europe, move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 03:08 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Going on other threads I visit, often times these people change their mind about such issues once they get smacked with reality.
That's a very sad truth, right there.

I find it disturbing the character (or lack of), patterns and behavior of the many friends, acquaintences, neighbors and associates (through work) I have known.

It's mindboggling the pattern I have found in so many Republicans that I have known. Almost to a man (and woman) their behavior and character is identical. with the exception of two people.

There's this deeply-rooted greed, selffishness, self-centeredness and narcism.

I've experienced an ugly lack of emotional maturity, intellectual maturity and overall maturity.

They display the same ugly behavior.

Inability to be honest, truthful, compassionate and to deal with adversity.......in any way, shape or form. They screw people over, do wrong, behave irresponsibly and then tuck their tails between their legs and run and hide.

Rather than stepping to the plate, manning-up and acknowledging their mistakes, lack of integrity and bad behavior. They're seemingly incapable of ever facing the music, apologizing and dealing with the ramifications of their actions/behaviors. It's always deflections and blaming others for their mistakes, dishonesty and bad behavior....or simply run away, hide and ignore the people they have screwed over.

Because as we all know, that makes everything better and clears their name. In fantasy land it does

Oh yeah, a 39 year old blaming his mother for the choices and decisions he made as a a37 and 38 year old adult. But hey, it's his mommy's fault

Emotionally stunted....emotionally retarded.

But hey, they're the ones out here on the internet forums flapping their lips...preaching responsibility, preaching accountability, preaching "morality" and riding their high horse of superiority....all over the internet. Telling allm of us how they're "In The Know" and how.." They would never do this...or do that...and how they would do it this way and that way.....and preaching about patriotism......and the honor and pride of being an American ".

All an enormous crock of crap.

Because when it comes to these greedy, selfish, grubby people. It's always about what ever they percieve best for themselves, at any given time.

And when the sh*t hits the fan and life deals them a large does of reality; it will always be A-Okay for them to mooch off the Federal-Tit and all of our tax dollars. Always A-Okay for them to mooch off anyone...family...friends.....who ever.

Just not okay for anyone else who are not them.

And make no mistake, Democrats are no different. They are evry bit as scummy as the Repugs and Liberals.

This Health Care Bill is a disgrace and a major screw job on all americans. But not for the reasons a lot of these lunatic Republicans are spouting off about.

These two people hit it right on the head. No needm for me to type it in my own words:

Dr. Margaret Flowers, Physician:

“The American people want a choice of health care provider and choice of treatment,” Flowers said. “This bill does neither. Let people choose their doctor and tre...atment. Under private insurance, the private insurers make the dec...ision. This bill would entrench that system of private insurance. It’s going to continue to leave people out – with the resulting suffering, bankruptcy, foreclosure and preventable death. And that’s not acceptable.”“We were excluded from this conversation,” Dr. Flowers said. “This was not a conversation based on data or evidence. It was based on the fact that the industry had their hand in this throughout this legislation and it was written in their favor.”

“Americans are going to be forced to buy this corrupt, flawed product,” Zeese said. “The bill will send hundreds of billions of dollars to the health insurance industry.

How much of that is going to be kicked back to members of Congress in campaign donations? How many tens of millions of dollars a year are members of Congress going to get from these corrupt insurance executives?”“How can we expect ever to see real reform if this bill passes?... See More

This bill is a disaster. And I’m sad to see you are on the wrong side of it,” Zeese told Dean. “I hope you will rethink your position and come back out the other way.

There is no way with this bill passing that we are going to see good health care in the United States.

We are going to see insurance industry domination of Congress, consumers, doctors and nurses.”“Why should the working poor be forced to spend eight percent of their income to fund CEO salaries at an average of $11 million year?

The working poor can’t even make ends meet. They can’t even put food on the table. Ninety percent of African American kids in this country are going to be on foods stamps at some point in their life.

Now they are being forced to buy corrupt corporate products?”“This is a charade. And it’s been a charade from the outset.

At President Obama’s first town hall meeting – the first speaker was from an insurance company.

And the last speaker was from the insurance company.

”“If this is a disaster for the Democrats, it’s Obama’s making.

And it’s sad to see a former head of the Democratic Party going along with that.” - Kevin Zeese (During a meeting on Capital Hill, on March 17th 2010: directed at Howard Dean and John

Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Lets all write the man a check, bet most dems here would be the first to come up with some excuse not to help the man. Or they wont have anything in their checkbooks to help a poor man in need.

Like most of us we have worked very hard to earn our living. We have earned our own HC and paid for it, we have earned a saving account for things like this and we have prepared ourselves in case something would happen.

I am for helping people who cannot help themselves and are ill, but I am NOT for helping those who have been healthy their entire lives, not worked, not earned and not went the extra step to make their lives better.

It is NOT my job to feed, house and take care of people who have done nothing right their entire lives.

Its called learn a skill or a trade, apply it, earn good money, save money and buy your own HC. Then when and if you do get sick you are covered.

Simple idea.
Turns out you are mind reader? Who knew?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Turns out you are mind reader? Who knew?
Nah, she doesn't know what she's babbling about.

This Bill screws everyone except the Insurance companies (financial corporations), big Pharm and the Republican, Democrap and Liberal politicians and Congressmen/women who voted for it and are working for them.

She's been talking out of her ass.

This is not a reform. This is the same that we have had for all these decades, with even more leverage and power given to the insurance companies and big Pharms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies