Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,622,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Split hairs if you like. But at the end of the day, that clump of cells has an effect on mental health weather you like it or not. The association is undeniable.
I'm not "splitting hairs", I'm looking at the available scientific data, as well as my personal experience and the experiences of many women I know. You claimed the study showed that a majority (85% but I think you edited that) of women have mental health issues afterwards. How can you say that it is "undeniable" that a women must have mental health issues after an abortion? It is very "deniable". That is your opinion, not fact.

I had an abortion. It had a positive effect on my mental health. It was one of the smartest decisions I ever made.

You're a man, you can never have an abortion, you can only sit here and decide how women must feel afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,539,915 times
Pro-choice is just another way of saying pro-murder and making it try to sound all right. Murder is not right.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
I see a refresher course is in order.

"Pro-choice describes the political and ethical view that a woman should have control over her fertility, and the choice to continue or terminate a pregnancy. This entails the guarantee of reproductive rights, which includes access to sexual education; access to safe and legal abortion, contraception, and fertility treatments; and legal protection from forced abortions, and forced pregnancy. Individuals who, and organizations that support these positions make up the pro-choice movement."

Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
We've known this about Obama since before the election. Sadly, there just aren't enough citizens who value human life who cared before the election. They don't appear to be in Congress either as witnessed by the lack of outrage of the Senate healthcare bill abortion provisions.

Most people do not know of hussein obama's record on anything. Left winger lame stream media reports nothing derogatory and many people do not bother to look into it. He is one of the most radical PRO-ABORTION supporters, even to the point of babies being left to die if they survived and abortion.

The only thing pro-choice about the abortion supporters is the choice to abort. We saw that in their rabid fight to get the pro-life commercial during the superbowl off the air, even before they saw it. Pro-choice my a**

Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,774,445 times

You know what it's called when you kill someone and feel nothing about the procedure?....it's called insanity....how a bout instead of abortion we start doing a little thing called "having self control"...don't open your legs if you ain't prepared to have a child.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,585,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
You know what it's called when you kill someone and feel nothing about the procedure?....it's called insanity....how a bout instead of abortion we start doing a little thing called "having self control"...don't open your legs if you ain't prepared to have a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That would require personal responsibility and we know how the left winger pro abortion crowd hates that.
So both of you MEN waited to have sex until you "were prepared to have a child"? I'm sure you "had self control" because we all know how easy it is to turn off your hormones. (proper BC is the correct answer BTW)

Oh wait... men can't actually prepare to give birth or make that decision for a woman. Funny that you two MEN seem to want to make that decision for all women.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 03-16-2010 at 12:30 AM..

Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 AM

37,074 posts, read 42,043,953 times
Ok, I'm all about the murder right here, totally pro abortion and all. I really don't care what certain individuals want to call me online because I guarantee that TO MY FACE they not only wouldn't say such a thing but would probably be paying me to babysit their newborns.

It's the irony that cracks me up, every single time.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:29 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Pro-choice is just another way of saying pro-murder and making it try to sound all right. Murder is not right.

Murder is just a melodramatic term used in an attempt to make abortion something it IS NOT.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,533,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproodle View Post
So sad. When will people wake up and realize these are innocent babies that are being killed? For all pro choicers, ask yourself this: what if you were a 'mistake' pregnancy and your parents chose to abort you?
So if only all abortion was banned in this country, it would just go away as if by magic?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,533,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproodle View Post
So sad. When will people wake up and realize these are innocent babies that are being killed? For all pro choicers, ask yourself this: what if you were a 'mistake' pregnancy and your parents chose to abort you?
Well, my coming was probably a mistake pregnancy, but since I haven't had a very happy life, I certainly would not have minded if my parents chose, instead, to abort me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies