Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Name 2, to the degree that Obama uses this ruse.

Well, start with GWB and Terry Schiavo, but you knew that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 AM

805 posts, read 774,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
Looks to me like Obama is the one going ballistic.

Wasn't he on the campaign trail this March 15th for health care, yet Gibbs the press secretary says they have the votes?

If they have the votes, what does Obama need to sell?

He knows he can't pass it legitmately so he's waiting for a moonless weekend night when no one is watching!

Three more days to see if we survive this attempt destroy our country.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
He knows he can't pass it legitmately so he's waiting for a moonless weekend night when no one is watching!

Musta taken a page from the Reagan tax-increase playbook

Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So how many people in this forum will cancel their health insurance if it goes up by 40 per cent, or more?
Mine just went up by 35% - I live overseas and can't afford to let it lapse because I have a preexisting condition.

Maybe this can happen to you: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ns-health.html

Quote:
He still won't answer the majority of people who emphatically stated that they are satisfied with their healtcare.
He can try to divert attention with these sob story ruses... but everybody is wise to his con... just look at his ratings
As I've posted to you before, Art, Obama included health care reform in his platform. We voted him in.
You don't have to change your insurance if you are satisfied. Where do you keep coming up with misinformation as you do?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:53 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
that lost her job and insurance 12 years ago? Being treated at one of the top cancer treatment centers in the US. How is this possible? You mean she's not left on the street to die of her disease? The very idea that obama would USE this sick woman for his political survival is despicable.

FOXNews.com - Clinic: Cancer Patient Who Wrote to Obama Will Not Lose Home, May Get Aid

More demagoguery from obama in his quest to score political points.
I applaud Obama for bringing this lady's difficulties to light. According to the article, she remains Cleveland Clinic's "most famous patient", thanks to Obama. It would be a publicity nightmare for the clinic to not find a way to make treatment available to her or to put a lien on her property for unpaid medical bills at this time.

Even still, the spokesperson for the clinic was vague about how her medical expenses would be paid. He gave some possibilities, but no method of payment has been solidified as of yet. If I were Natoma Canfield, I'd continue to be extremely worried until I knew that I qualified for one of the programs or became a recipient of one of the unnamed charities he spoke of. After all, many people ARE forced to declare bankruptcy and lose their homes due to medical expenses.

Why vilify Obama for shining a light on this lady's very real plight? The villain here is Anthem BCBS, who were going to raise her rates by 65% because of her history of a treatable form of cancer in the past and who denied most of her claims in 2009 anyway.

Quote:
Canfield said in her letter that while she was diagnosed with a treatable form of cancer 16 years ago, she had been cancer-free for 11 years. But she said her premiums increased by over 25 percent last year, and that with a maximum deductible of $2,500 she had to pay about $10,000 for care in 2009 -- while her insurance company paid just over $900.

After learning recently that her premiums were about to increase by over 40 percent in 2010, Canfield dropped her plan, she said in the letter.
And here's Anthem's pathetic response:

Quote:
Asked for comment, a representative for Canfield's old insurance company said "the cost of new drugs and hospital stays," along with the trend of healthy individuals dropping coverage, are behind the latest rate increases.

"Our associates ... work tirelessly every day to help ensure members have access to the best health care coverage at the best price," Kim Ashley, public relations director for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio, said in a written statement. She said the company "strongly shares our members' concerns over the rising cost of health care services and the resulting impact on health insurance premiums."
But you go on and keep trying to make Obama look sinister for calling out the insurance companies whose out of control rate hikes make continuing with coverage unaffordable and ignore the discriminatory practices that leave so many people like Natoma Canfield at the mercy of charity when they get sick.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:30 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did you read your article? her ins rate was raised 40% and she had to drop it, disaster ensued.

You're not really so hypocritical as to pretend that right wing politicians dont use example-people, are you? Even make them up if they need to, like Jessica Lynch in Iraq.
Excellent comeback and the perfect example of actual "prop" use. The OP thinks that a person with cancer and inadequate insurance is a "prop"? As if this is not a ubiquitous occurence.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
As I've posted to you before, Art, Obama included health care reform in his platform. We voted him in.
You don't have to change your insurance if you are satisfied. Where do you keep coming up with misinformation as you do?
As you've been told many times before, candidate obama is far different than president obama.

Candidate obama ran against taxing HC plans, did not agree with an individual mandate that penalized/fined people, ran against funding for abortion/illegals.

You can't keep your insurance if you're satisfied if your employer changes it on you.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ge_104779.html

Quote:
As a candidate for president, Sen. Barack Obama rejected "the politics of fear." So now he's playing the fear card to the hilt.

Monday, President Obama went to Strongsville, Ohio, to warn that unless his ObamaCare passes, middle Americans should be very afraid of the day when they (Fear No. 1) lose their job or income, then (Fear No. 2) fall seriously ill and then (Fear No. 3) receive the health care they need, but lose valued assets.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That was pretty appauling, to hear a man discuss his pre-pubescent daughters and how he would want them to abort his grandchildren if they got pregnant in high school.

He used air force one to pimp two house members for votes today. More disgusting bribery.
He is disgusting. After that comment he made about his daughters, I hope they do get pregnant while he is still in the White House and their pregnancy becomes his public shame.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:17 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Obama is the fear monger in chief.

He is taking this country down quickly and people who cannot see that need to leave the country.

He said a few days ago that people need help in making decisions, well Mr. Lame Duck Walking you are the one who cannot seem to make a good decision to save your sorry butt.

The American people will take back America from those left wing kooks who are hell bent on saying NO to the will of the American people.

Let them pass it, we will then work a full year like he has on repealing it while everyone loses their jobs and homes, just like they have under Obamafear.

Nah, no one will have a job or a home then, thanks to the fool in the WH.

Hey, lets trade everyone's home for healthcare. What a novel idea Obama has.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:17 AM

108 posts, read 113,481 times
Obama does not care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants. Look he's throwing his Own Party to the curb. He will stoop to nothing to achieve that. Anyone out there that has a Rep. in the House, especially if their on the fence needs to contact them and Tell Them to Vote NO on this Bill.
If We All Stand Together on this WE CAN Defeat it. I think we have lost to many of our Freedoms as it from not paying attention to whats going on in Washington. (I know I haven't followed what they have been doing). There a site called Contact Your Rep. ) I don't know how to do links) sorry. You can get the Names and Ph. #'s as well as their sites.
It's been despicable what they have done the last few days, and we should also let them know we don't approve of using people that way. First the sick woman and them the little boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies