Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:47 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You missed my point entirely...

no, I didn't...your point does not justify the tons of money being spent on you, and on the corporate leader your telling how to do his job....

if that corporate leader, would go out within his own company and set up meetings with his own leaders underneath him, and brain storm what they could do to cut costs and become competitive...every single part of that company would become more involved, and more self sufficent....not to mention, your only as good as the people under you, half the corporate world do not know the people under them or what they even do?????? Nor do they care, so after a year, a person moves on, another person comes into the department, only cares about making a name for himself, and undo's everything his predicessor accomplished, so more money spent...it's unbelievable how corporations run businesses today...

and I know I'm getting off subject, but if the corporate leader has to hire you to tell him how to best do his job...or, to protect himself, for fear of making a mistake, then I'd say fire his arse and get someone in there who CAN do the job...

And another thing, today, with all our technology, companies loose information and make so many mistakes...do you know years ago, when everything was down on paper and no computers were used...we were much more accurate?????

What is going on in our country and why are people so down right stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I think someone is just a little angry they didn't get the consulting job on how to insult and disparage consultant's.
LOL, no I am not..I'm a lot upset b/c of what is happening to this country...we are almost broke, because there is no company in this country who can operate without consultants, including our government...

Do you have any idea what's going on with this war...the government hires consultants to tell them how to fight this war, and they don't listen to them anyway...that is our money being thrown out the window.

I know of a police station, one of many, who hired consultants to come in and advise them, they spent all this money, and then turned around and didn't listen to them anyway.

I know of a train station they want to re open, but they can't do it without first hiring consultants? What are we paying these people for, if they all have to hire consultants...not to mention, they don't listen to them....?????? Do you have any idea how much of the tax payers money I'm talking about?

What the heck is a police department, hiring consultants for?

Does anyone out there in CD land understand what I'm trying to say?

I'm not angry...just astonished at this concept?

You guys have to remember I'm from the old school...we made our own decissions, by hands on experience...and yeah, sometimes people got fired for not doing a good job...so what, that is the way it should be...

Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, I didn't...
Yes, you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
your point does not justify the tons of money being spent on you, and on the corporate leader your telling how to do his job....
See? You just proved it.

I consult on technical matters. I have friends who are software developers, and they do consulting work as such.

As I said in my first post in this thread, your definition of "consultant" is very, very narrow and completely misrepresents the vast majority of consultants in the workforce. Frankly, you're looking very foolish in this thread.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
As a former consultant, I made pretty good bank and learned some stuff.

I'll admit though that it was a pretty big scam, thanks for the taxpayer money!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
As a former consultant, I made pretty good bank and learned some stuff.

I'll admit though that it was a pretty big scam, thanks for the taxpayer money!
Thank you!!!! for being honest

Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yes, you did.

See? You just proved it.

I consult on technical matters. I have friends who are software developers, and they do consulting work as such.

As I said in my first post in this thread, your definition of "consultant" is very, very narrow and completely misrepresents the vast majority of consultants in the workforce. Frankly, you're looking very foolish in this thread.

software constultants put together a package, without discussing the issue with the employees that use it...what they do, is design software that is not always user friendly...oh yes, it's nice to have the whole corporate world taking to each other, however, we are constantly upgrading with software that are many more steps and not user friendly...and the people who designed the software, never sat down with the secretaries and users...they just decided, we're the experts, we will upgrade, and walla...doesn't save money at all, except the fact, that now the company can talk to each other...

and no, I'm not looking very foolish....

the majority of consultants in the work force, are not experts, they have not been employees, and they don't really know the company needs, all they do is go by statistics...and I will admit, most of the companies pay your companies tons of money to come in and end up not listening to you anyway...

others do, but the fact of the matter is, I'm talking about consultants who tell people how to run they're companies...how to win wars...how to better the police departments...and what it all comes down to, is, consultants save someone's butt from getting sued....or loosing they're jobs...

Old 03-16-2010, 02:39 PM

768 posts, read 1,087,685 times
They have destroyed radio as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies