Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
Racism is not funny and I agree this is something that should not have been allowed to happen and its sad when it does. However, most people only think racism when it does not involve a white person. For some reason hate crimes dont happen to straight white people, only everyone else. If I was walking down the street in a prominent black/Hispanic community and was attacked. All anyone would say is, "wrong place, wrong time." Not that it was a hate crime. Now a black/Hispanic person is walking down a "white" neighborhood and is attacked. It must me racism or hate.

Racism sickens me. But we will only make way for change when both the affecting and affected allow it to happen.
Um..no one was physically attacked. It was said over the loud speaker.
How are they the same ? Well you certainly have come to some conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,063 times
Whoever said that was just being an idiot. Instead of being charged, they should be fired.

That wasn't a hate crime. That was just being an idiot.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:41 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Why were they shopping at SLAVEMART anyway??

Old 03-16-2010, 05:26 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Really? Mostly Whites shop at inner-city LA Walmarts?

I guess I am stereotyping now.

I agree with you about the political right, of course, just pointing out that the demographics where I live (~3.2 million people metro area with 2 inner-cities) you see a marked difference in the ethnicity of the Walmart shoppers depending on whether you're in the inner-city or one of the old inner-ring suburbs vs. if you are at one out in the "newer"'(1970s onward) outer-ring 'burbs. The same demographics seem to hold true for Target, Walgreen's etc.

Anywho, the reason I initially noticed this is because I used to service Walmarts (and Target's and Walgreen's when I worked for Kodak) photo processing labs in my region, when I used to work for Fuji.
You are right. I was making a comment about most of them but in the inner city, the demographics change. Either way, I'm just amused to see certain people ridicule political correctness until they are the target and then they start behaving like liberals, a group they criticize for using political correctness. They just have a double standard. When liberals cite political correctness, they are foolish yet when conservatives cite it, it's appropriate.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Um..no one was physically attacked. It was said over the loud speaker.
How are they the same ? Well you certainly have come to some conclusion.
When it comes to racism and hate speech/crime, what does it matter? They are both wrong. However, hate speech and being a dumb racist is not a crime. It is just dumb and well uneducated.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
When it comes to racism and hate speech/crime, what does it matter? They are both wrong. However, hate speech and being a dumb racist is not a crime. It is just dumb and well uneducated.
Well you are jumping to conclusions there. For all you know it could have been a teen prank and the furthest thing from a racist action.

Even the authorities in the article are not calling it racist and not calling it hate speech, whatever that is.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
LOL

Fired but not be held criminally liable.

That's funny!

Old 03-16-2010, 05:59 PM

664 posts, read 773,342 times
I didn't read the entire thread, but hate crimes are a joke. No crime against one "race" is worse than any other crime. If someone kills a black dude, it's no worse than killing a white dude. Being punished for thoughts while committing a crime is a crock of ****. I find it funny that certain blacks and other minorities talk about being kept down and not having the same advantages and being treated the same as others, yet they want crimes against them punished more severely because it's a "hate" crime.

P.S. about the article, it's not a crime and shouldn't be treated as one. The Wal-Mart can kick him/her out and tell them not to come back, but to be criminally prosecuted would be a joke.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
So you show one picture of African Americans at a Walmart and extrapolate that to include all Walmarts. Nice reasoning! Do you think the majority of Walmarts in the country resemble that scene or one with a lot of white trash. I think you know the answer to that.

Well I guess it depends on where you live, doesn't??
There is this little thing called demographics.

Anyways, I am really fed up with people thinking it is ok to trash talk white people that shop at Walmart. I am not white-trash and frankly, only a looser like yourself, spur out racist as.s comments like this, thinking it is ok, because you are not saying the word n.i.g.g.e.r!
People REGARDLESS of race shop at Walmart for the good deals. I shop there because it is a lot closer to my house then other grocery stores/
You are such a typical ignorant a hole thinking you are better then everybody else.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,249 times
Makes me want to go to the nearest "sprawl-mart", get on the P.A., and tell everyone to leave... "because sprawl-mart sucks". Would that be a hate crime?

If it's an employee, 6 months probationary status. A customer, ban them from the store. If no one knows, oh well. No one REALLY got hurt. Whom ever did it, is nothing BUT a coward anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies