U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 PM

3,965 posts, read 5,273,042 times

Advertisements

bipartisanship is lame, only losers embrace that crap.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM

9,636 posts, read 9,418,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah 1 party govs rule. Rock on Cuba and Venezuela. We all wanna live there

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM

26,666 posts, read 27,446,884 times
Quote:
I have to agree. A year ago, I was all in favor of bipartisanship, but after seeing the drama from right-wingers about "death panels" and how health care reform is going to "kill Grandma", I no longer care about bipartisanship. Republicans have proven that all they want to do is kill health insurance reform.

I also know that when Republicans were in charge, they didn't give a flip about Democrats' concerns. They passed whatever the hell they wanted, simply because they could. It's good to see Democrats finally taking advantage of their majority.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM

16,242 posts, read 23,452,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Why is it that Obama is 100% against bipartisanship? He is trying to bulldoze the healthcare bill through. The bill has only partisan support. It has BIPARTISAN OPPOSITION. The only thing he is trying to do is appease his lunatic fringe supporters who want to see ANYTHING pass just so Obama can claim a victory. It is sad that even his own party is bright enough to see how horrible the bills are. But he doesn't care. Its not about results, its about winning for his massive ego.

What do you think of Obama's decision to stand with the partisan fringe while giving the finger to the bipartisan opposition?
Obama ran and was elected on a platform of change and hope. People can say what they want but Obama did NOT run as a "centrist". If the voters wanted a centrist caretaker then Hillary would have won. He has tried to work with Republicans. It is they who have shown that they have no interest in working with him. The fact is that Obama and the huge Democrat majority could have crammed through a health care bill the first month they were in there. Certainly the Republicans did not have any trouble ramming through Bush's huge tax cuts for the rich with far less Republicans (they used Reconciliation many times). But Obama tried to get some Republicans to the table but they are so controlled by the mouths on right wing AM radio that they did not come to the table. Even so, do keep in mind the fact that us on the left wanted a full blown single payer public health insurance plan like most other first world nations have. First we compromised on that and went with the "public option" and even that was dropped to try to appease some Republicans. But you cannot appease the Republicans because this is not about health insurance to them. It is about destroying the President and his party. That has always been their goal and will be as long as that party is being dictated to by Hannity and Rush. My only anger is that it took a year for Obama to figure out the obvious.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama and bitartisanship: not two words ever used in the same sentence unless it is the beginning of a fairy tale.

This bill is not about anything other than laying the foundation for the collapse of the Republic and the inception of the US as a Social Democracy.
One can only hope....

Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah 1 party govs rule. Rock on Cuba and Venezuela. We all wanna live there
We have a 2 party system genius.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
As a very liberal Democrat, my problem with Obama is that he is too afraid of aggrivating the conservatives and Republicans... Basically he is getting nothing accomplished because he's piddle paddling around trying to please everyone. Why doesn't he do what Bush did and just push his own agenda and not give a dam* if he upsets the opposing political side? Bush clearly was a liberals worst nightmare, but he did what he wanted and passed a lot of his agenda... wars, tax cuts for the wealthy, etc

Obama has an agenda but he's basically riding it out and not getting anything accomplished because he's too worried about the Republicans and conservatives... and nothing is changing... wasn't that his big platform??? CHANGE?

Personally I don't think at this moment in time, Obama needs to be bipartisan. Bush wasn't bipartisan AT ALL, and I feel like we need to counteract Bush's far right policies with some far left policies to find a good middle of the road.... TRUE bipartisanship.

Again... this is why I voted for Hillary in the primary.
I used to be more bipatisan in earlier years. But the Republicans have shown themselves to be the enemy of all working people everywhere. They took over a country that was at peace with a budget surplus and a good economy and they ran it into the ground. I will never trust them to handle power again. They are too much like little kids.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 PM

9,636 posts, read 9,418,183 times
Quote:
We have a 2 party system genius.
NO really?

My post was about yours stating

Quote:
So do you embrace it and the loser you are calling those that does? I wouldnt think you would be calling yourself a loser. So I had to believe that you support a 1 party gov. There for my post about 1 party gov rule

Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM

Minority parties only care about bipartisanship.

The only thing bipartisanship has got us in the last decade are a bailout for insolvent corps, two foreign wars, campaign finance (non) reform, and the patriot act.

When both parties agree on something, watch out because it can't be good for the people.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
NO really?

My post was about yours stating

So do you embrace it and the loser you are calling those that does? I wouldnt think you would be calling yourself a loser. So I had to believe that you support a 1 party gov. There for my post about 1 party gov rule
If that one party has the majority dictated to them by free elections, of course.

If you have 60 votes in the senate and a majority in the house, obviously the people don't want bipartisanship, they want you to do what you said you were going to do while running for office.

The democrats can't even do that. LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies