Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:22 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
I now realize that my comfortable life is all an illusion and America has become a police state ruled by oil barrons,murderers,and fundies.

I guess the only thing left to do is hangout in message boards ranting,raving and whining until we get our country back!

Au contraire you do live a comfortable life thanks to the brave men who were willing to fight for what they believed in, and willing to give their life as well. . the freedom that you take for granted, and even mock.

And pity for you if you believe that you live in a "police state" because unfortunately it is the whiners and wimps who can't see the big picture, or beyond their own self-centered existance, that we may very well end up there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 04:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Click here for spooky.
This is truly upsetting

s.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:42 PM

451 posts, read 835,670 times
Quote:
Au contraire you do live a comfortable life thanks to the brave men who were willing to fight for what they believed in, and willing to give their life as well. . the freedom that you take for granted, and even mock.
Are you trying to say that the millitary is not just poor unfortunate disproprtionatly minority children who were duped and ended up in Bush's war?
That infact they are our brightest and best brave men and women from all walks of life who proudly risk all to give whining whimpy liberals like me the freedom to express my hatred for America even while I deny it?

Could I be blinded by my extreme hatred of Bushco?

Say it ain't so.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:46 PM

451 posts, read 835,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
This is truly upsetting

s.

Olbermann really gets on my nerves too. I find he can't upset me if I don't watch him though.
yuk!

Old 06-10-2007, 04:49 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Are you trying to say that the millitary is not just poor unfortunate disproprtionatly minority children who were duped and ended up in Bush's war?
That infact they are our brightest and best brave men and women from all walks of life who proudly risk all to give whining whimpy liberals like me the freedom to express my hatred for America even while I deny it?

Could I be blinded by my extreme hatred of Bushco?
"Disproportionatly minority children?" They volunteered to serve. They are not children but brave men and women.
And I am wondering how they were duped?

Could you be blinded by your extreme hatred of President Bush? Good question. . . At least you are somewhat introspective. . but the real test is what is your answer to yourself?

Old 06-10-2007, 09:05 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I was just trying to get the point over that both parties are always trying to take something away from us...I don't think any of my freedoms or rights have been taken from me...But the Bush bashing liberals seem to think so....and I'm not even a Bush supporter myself...
Now we all know where these crazy stories get started! I don’t know anyone who wants to take away your guns, but now that you bring up the issue “let’s get started with taking them”? Your off the wall haphazard thinking about issues like this and making statements just cause more trouble for any party or political debates and conversations. So why do it? Nobody wants your gun.

However if you leave this administration in office much longer and they’ll be taking them away saying that it’s for our own good and homeland security that we don’t allow Americans to have weapons. Maybe if someone had taken Dick Chaney’s shotgun away someone would not have gotten hurt in a Texas hunting trip? Also lets take away the alcohol that helped cause the accident when Chaney was too drunk to shoot.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Really. regardless of which side a person is on- Cheney does not represent something I would want to pass in a dark alley. He looks like a serial killer.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:48 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Now we all know where these crazy stories get started! I don’t know anyone who wants to take away your guns, but now that you bring up the issue “let’s get started with taking them”? Your off the wall haphazard thinking about issues like this and making statements just cause more trouble for any party or political debates and conversations. So why do it? Nobody wants your gun.

However if you leave this administration in office much longer and they’ll be taking them away saying that it’s for our own good and homeland security that we don’t allow Americans to have weapons. Maybe if someone had taken Dick Chaney’s shotgun away someone would not have gotten hurt in a Texas hunting trip? Also lets take away the alcohol that helped cause the accident when Chaney was too drunk to shoot.

What three of our liberal leaders have said. I will try to find more at a later date....

“We're going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy. We're going to beat guns into submission”.
*********** United States Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY)

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe”.
*********** United States Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

“If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!”
*********** Representative Henry A. Waxman (D-CA)

Old 06-12-2007, 01:07 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Quote:
What three of our liberal leaders have said. I will try to find more at a later date....

“We're going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy. We're going to beat guns into submission”.

“If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!”
You didn't mention when these people said these things, but more importantly, why mention them? There are quite a few more who had these opinions many years ago--but it's an idea that has seen its day. People with this attitude will be called Antigunosaurs some day.

Surely you don't think three people such as those you mentioned could have any serious impact on Second Amendment rights in America today. "Getting the guns" simply ain't gonna happen here. That part of liberal-bashing is truly ludicrous at this point. I'm sure you have lots of other liberal-bashing ammunition that has at least some likelihood of not falling into the category of uselessness.

Last edited by happyappy; 06-12-2007 at 01:16 PM..

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Quote:

A “conservative” would ask you why you fear losing the rights guaranteed under the constitution. The world has changed after 9-11.

I think that’s how they’ve been talking their talk? Don’t worry it’s for the best.

Believe me I’m the last one to give up my guns or allow “them” to take yours.

And so why is this administration wanting to make changes in the constitution and take away rights and freedoms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies