Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:51 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Our problem is with the Iranian government, not necessarily the Iranian people (and I'm sure plenty of Iranians could say exactly the same thing as regards Americans). I do find it slightly strange that our own government would have to pass an actual resolution to wish them a prosperous Nowruz. But the wish is certainly harmless enough. It shouldn't become a political issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:48 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
does this ruin my day ? no

Old 03-20-2010, 09:59 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I see all good and nothing wrong in wishing anybody and everybody well. There is enough of this divisiveness and polarization in this world.

First of all, stop lying. And secondly, so what if anybody is a Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Jew, Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist...? If you've got issue with someone on the ground that he/she may not be following a religion that YOU cater to, then it is YOU who has got issues.

I don't have a problem with hussein obama being a muslim, I have a problem with him trying to hide it but as usual he his lies slip out. hussein obama has ststed he is a muslim more than once.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
I know this may come as a shock to you, but not all or even many of the tens of millions of people living in the boundaries of the nation known as "Iran" wish you ill luck.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:53 PM

412 posts, read 405,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I'm not the liar, hussein obama is but you keep drinking the kool-aid. It is no surprise hussein obama would send greetings to America's sworn enemy.
Oh, I agree! hussein obama is a total dirtbag! Fortunately, hussein obama is not our president. Barack Hussein Obama II is our president.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I see all good and nothing wrong in wishing anybody and everybody well. There is enough of this divisiveness and polarization in this world.

First of all, stop lying. And secondly, so what if anybody is a Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Jew, Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist...? If you've got issue with someone on the ground that he/she may not be following a religion that YOU cater to, then it is YOU who has got issues.

LOL, all that peace and love went right out the window to those you don't agree with .

Old 03-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I know this may come as a shock to you, but not all or even many of the tens of millions of people living in the boundaries of the nation known as "Iran" wish you ill luck.

Which 2 ? All muslims wish us infidels well huh ?

Old 03-20-2010, 03:53 PM

418 posts, read 487,792 times
Hey Pappy, what is your opinion of the 1953 Iranian coup where our CIA overthrew the first democratically elected Iranian prime minister? Do you think our government wants freedom and democracy or maybe, just maybe, our government has a different agenda?

1953 Iranian coup d’état
Quote:
The 1953 Iranian coup d’état (termed the 28 Mordad coup d'état in Iran), was the overthrow of the democratically-elected Iranian government of Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh by the Central Intelligence Agency;[1] It was the CIA's first covert operation against a foreign government.[2] The coup has been called "a critical event in post-war world history", and is thought to have influenced "all of subsequent Iranian history."[3] The coup was originally considered in America to be a triumph of Cold War covert action, but given its blowback, it is considered now generally to have left "a haunting and terrible legacy," both in Iran and worldwide.[4] In 2000, the U.S. Secretary of State called the coup a "setback for democratic government" in Iran, saying "It is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs."[5] In 2009, President Barack Obama publicly admitted US involvement in the coup; the first time a sitting US president had done so.[6]

Old 03-20-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Hey Pappy, what is your opinion of the 1953 Iranian coup where our CIA overthrew the first democratically elected Iranian prime minister? Do you think our government wants freedom and democracy or maybe, just maybe, our government has a different agenda?

1953 Iranian coup d’état

I think it was probably one of the last great things we did to try to stop the spread of the Ayetollas into Africa, Indonesia, philipines, Turkey ,Lebanon , Croatia, Serbia, Thailand , China, and many other nations no under their horrible submission .

Too bad along came the kennedys and ruined it all . Now this cult has spread all over the globe thanks to those like obama and bush .

Eisenhower warned us about invading foreigners and even stopped the invasion from our south ' Operation W-t Back ' . He also told us " beware the military complex ' we did't pay attention to these warnings .

Old 03-20-2010, 04:05 PM

418 posts, read 487,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I think it was probably one of the last great things we did to try to stop the spread of the Ayetollas into Africa, Indonesia, philipines, Turkey ,Lebanon , Croatia, Serbia, Thailand , China, and many other nations no under their horrible submission .

Too bad along came the kennedys and ruined it all . Now this cult has spread all over the globe thanks to those like obama and bush .
Wow, you're not brainwashed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Eisenhower warned us about invading foreigners and even stopped the invasion from our south ' Operation W-t Back ' . He also told us " beware the military complex ' we did't pay attention to these warnings .
oh the irony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies