Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,288,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The man was sitting there holding a sign using his own parkinsons. Sorry he shouldnt get a pass when hes trying to use his own medical condition to promote what he wants. So others arent allowed to speak out against what the man with Parkinsons wants because he has Parkinson.

You all seem to think he gets a pass and no one can disagree with him because he has Parkinsons.
I don't think anyone would disagree with the above statement. However, you seemed to defend those who were "calling him out", which included throwing money at him.

Quote:
Once again never said I agreed with their approach.

I think if someone is able to work yes they should work and there is many people with Parkinsons that does work. Freddie Roach Manny Pacman boxing trainer. He gets in a ring with pads on and takes punches from Pacman and he has Parkinsons. Now understandable at some time he wont be able to do that.

I do agree that we need to do something so people with pre existing conditions can get insurance.

My whole beef with this entire thing is. I never said I agreed with their approach. I never said I agreed with their actions. I even went as far as to say they were wrong to throw money at him. People in this country have this thing called Freedom of speech and right or wrong agree with or not they have that right and just because this man has Parkinsons doesnt mean he gets a pass. Would I personally ever talk to someone in that manner with Parkinsons NO but will I defend someones freedom of speech Yes.

My best example is Freddie Roach that man will trash other trainers and boxers are people not allowed to talk trash back to him simply because he has Parkinsons is my only thing

Further more not everyone in the tea party would do this but for some they want to put everyone in the tea party in with this group and thats wrong also
Well, everyone's disease is different. Some can work for a long time with Parkinson's, and some can't. I know a former priest with Parkinson's who hasn't worked in a long time, e.g. 15, maybe more years. He's not one you'd call a "loser", etc.

Sure, not everyone in the Tea Party would do this, but did anyone stop those who were doing it. (Sorry, I can't watch videos well on my computer.)

Quote:
I agree with you about the civil discussion and not once have I said I approve of how they went about it.

I am not defending their actions. I am only saying that they are able to not agree with the man or he shouldnt get a pass on not being debated simply because he has Parkinsons thats it
You did say they should be able to "call him out". On a public street, in a group of people, mob psychology quickly takes over. It sure sounds like it did in this case.

Quote:
Mean world? So people arent allowed to not agree with him or question him because he has Parkinsons?

I never said I approved of their approach or them throwing money at him.

Freedie Roach has Parkinson and yet he talks trash about people. Should no one be allowed to talk trash about him even though hes talking trash about people? Come on
Anyone can disagree with anyone else about anything. You can tell me the sun comes up in the west. No, no one should be able to talk trash about him. If you don't like what he said, you don't have to stoop to his level. Again, keep in mind I didn't see the video.

Quote:
How many times do I have to say that I dont agree with them doing that?
Probably once for every time you make another post defending his tormenters' actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:56 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,430,869 times
I still want to hear from the guy and what his story is.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:13 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,014,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I still want to hear from the guy and what his story is.
duh?

The man went to a Health Care Rally. He was holding a sign that said he had Parkinsons.

He sat down and held up his sign and was attacked and belittled by Tea Party protestors.

That is all that matters, isn't it???

What story do you want to hear from him?

Do you need to hear his "story" so you can decide whether or not he deserves your respect as a human being ?

Last edited by World Citizen; 03-17-2010 at 07:23 PM..

Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Nope but I won't put it past the Obama's supporters to drag out a dying person and put him in the middle of the road to be run over to make their point.

I want to hear from the guy.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Nope but I won't put it past the Obama's supporters to drag out a dying person and put him in the middle of the road to be run over to make their point.

Next thing we'll read that it was really "liberals" who were harassing this guy, you know, plants! We've seen that before.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,951 times
Quote:

And even that scenerio in your mind would excuse the behavior. Again PATHETIC.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:38 PM

I am questioning if the guy even has Parkinson's.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
That's obvious.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,014,136 times
Default Can't see the forest for the trees...

Quote:

Janelle... honey...

It honestly doesn't matter why that guy was there.
There are thousands of people like him in our country with Parkinsons and other diseases.

But,... like the rest of your klan, you are so worried that ONE person may get something "they don't deserve"....

You go right ahead in your little mind and look for a reason to discount what you saw with your own eyes -- like the man somehow deserved to be treated that way.

No one has the right to treat any human being the way that man was treated - regardless of and no matter what his "story" is.

What's really sad is that I just looked back at a few of your posts and I see that you consider yourself to be a christian.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,951 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies