Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
The CDC report has nothing to do with sex in city parks. The video story you posted showed used condoms all over the place,...proof that these people were engaging in safe sex practices to help prevent the spread of hiv. The CDC report is about the spread of hiv which happens through unprotected sex. The video showed protected sex.

wow.. it went so against your grain to respond to my "instant message" ...

amazing..

so it's really all about "us and them" as proven by you choosing to ignore my "olive branch"... well ok

-----------------------------------------------------

the sheer number of spent condoms carpeted on the floor of a PARK... A NATURAL environment which is not supposed to have LATEX CONDOMS as litter ...

serves to prove that you are among those homosexuals who have the mind that there is nothing wrong with displaying sex in public near where children play baseball.

should i say more?

------------------

so they had condoms.. littered around.. about 100,000 condoms dead on the ground some full of biohazard material...

that's ok by your standards....?

ok...

so being gay you think it's ok.. or

being a baseball fan... it's ok to have 100,000 dead condoms near a baseall park.. where kids play...

or is it as a homosexual... ... dead condoms are part of 'YOUR CULTURE"...
no biggie...

right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 AM

971 posts, read 1,294,855 times
Long story made very short.

Fact: Homosexuality and homosexuals have long be stigmatized in the US.

It was a capital crime (people were executed for it in the US) until the mid 1800s in most states. Until 2002 gay sex was illegal in parts of the US. A restaurant can refuse me service in most sates in the US because I'm gay - still. Even today, 25% of gay teenages in the US who tell their parents are disowned and thrown out of the house.

Fact: Stigmitization leads to shame.

Most gays know they are gay at an early age. I knew at 10 - that's fairly standard. At 10, I also knew that people hated gays, that I was wrong to be gay, and that I should be deeply ashamed at who I am and that I needed to hide it at all costs.

Fact: Internalized shame leads to lots of issues.

Gays, in general, are pretty messed up emotionally and psychologically - especially in their teens and early 20s. We're only 5% of the population, yet half of homeless teens are gay, and half of teen suicides are committed by gays and lesbians. I was salutatorian of my HS, an all state cross country runner, started college at 17. I also left college (UNC Chapel Hill) at 17 because I was on the verge of killing myself - and I was raised in a liberal household with 2 atheists for parents. I've heard horror stories from gays who grew up in religiously fundamental households. It's rare I meet a gay person who, as a teenager, did not either attempt or seriously contemplate killing him or herself.

As a result, many gays turn to drugs, alcohol, and sex as a means of self-medication. Much more so than heterosexuals. Gays have very high rates of crystal meth abuse, alcohol abuse, unhealthy sex addictions, etc for the reasons I briefly summarized above.

This all helps explain the high rates of HIV in gay men. It also suggests a remedy for all these related problems - societal acceptance.

Other factors:

The epidemiological fact that HIV first hit the US via gays.
Rectal tissue is extremely susceptible to HIV.
Ignorance. Many young gays today don't see HIV as a problem - I have a friend who once told me that HIV was like having a cold - they have medicine for it now. (Oddly enough, this friend was the president of the Young Republicans at the University of Oregon)

Old 03-18-2010, 02:47 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
  1. I'm not gay nor am I part of the homosexual community so this isn't an "us and them" issue with me. That's what you've decided to make of this issue
  2. I totally agree with the CDC report in that it shows increased unprotected sex among the homosexual community is also increasing the number of those infected with HIV.
  3. I disagree with you using the sex in the park news story as proof of the CDC report since the video shows the men in the story were having protected sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
wow.. it went so against your grain to respond to my "instant message" ...

amazing..

so it's really all about "us and them" as proven by you choosing to ignore my "olive branch"... well ok

-----------------------------------------------------

the sheer number of spent condoms carpeted on the floor of a PARK... A NATURAL environment which is not supposed to have LATEX CONDOMS as litter ...

serves to prove that you are among those homosexuals who have the mind that there is nothing wrong with displaying sex in public near where children play baseball.

should i say more?

it all goes back to the original post about the HIV rate in the homosexual community.

they see nothing wrong with what they do....

so why should the "GENERAL PUBLIC" FIND FAULT WITH THE HIGH HIV RATES?

NOBODY SHOULD CARE, BUT THEY SCREAM ABOUT NOT BEING INDLUDED ON THE HEALTH STUDIES THAT "EVERYONE ELSE" IS INCLUDED IN

;

LIKE THE SHEER NUMBER OF INFECTIOUS BACTERIA AND VIRUS THEY ARE EXPOSED TO BY IN LARGE, IS AKIN TO THE REST OF THE USA

AMAZING

Quote:
Of course you'd say "more prevalent in the hetero" community.

guess what.. the numbers of HIV infection don't correlate with your speculation.

sure heteros are just as INDISCRIMINATE AS HOMOSEXUALS!

is that what you wanted to see?

sure... but the numbers of sexual contacts between hetero and homo don't even out...

still more homos screwing around passing HIV than heteros
I'm starting to think you're f-ing around with me now. I said it's more prevelant in the GAY community. Did you misread me, again, or are you just lying about what I said?????????

Old 03-18-2010, 02:49 AM

so it's gotta be me f'ing with you?

definitely not the other way around?

o..kay...

Old 03-18-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:

should i say more?

------------------

so they had condoms.. littered around.. about 100,000 condoms dead on the ground some full of biohazard material...

that's ok by your standards....?

ok...

so being gay you think it's ok.. or

being a baseball fan... it's ok to have 100,000 dead condoms near a baseall park.. where kids play...

or is it as a homosexual... ... dead condoms are part of 'YOUR CULTURE"...
no biggie...

right...
  1. Littering is against the law. I did it as a teenager (throw used condoms out of my car window) and that doesn't make it right.
  2. Them having sex in a city park is wrong and illegal. What I was trying to get across to you is their behavior is more in line with men frequenting male prostitutes than traditional homosexual relationships.
  3. The topic is about the increased number of HIV among homosexuals and you're ranting about "dead condoms"? I kill condoms all the time when I have sex with my wife or girlfriends before I got married. About the only difference is I threw them in the trash can afterwards. You think men who frequent women prostitutes care about the enviroment any more or less than men who frequent male prostitutes? No they don't. They're just as likely to throw their used condom on the ground after doing the deed.
  4. I'm homophobic because of something that happened to me in the Navy but you seem to really have an axe to grind. I admit my homophobia, know the exact source of the homophobia, and a working to get over it. What's your beef?

Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
so it's gotta be me f'ing with you?

definitely not the other way around?

o..kay...
Well, you're the one who keeps misreading and claiming I'm saying the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I wrote.

For instance, I said:

"there certainly is that dynamic (unhealthy anonymous sex) in the heterosexual community. I'll agree it's more prevalent (probably much more) in the gay community, but to deny heterosexuals don't participate in the same behaviors in naive."

to which you respond:

"Of course you'd say "more prevalent in the hetero" community." guess what.. the numbers of HIV infection don't correlate with your speculation."

In summary, I said that gays have much more healthy anonymous sex than straights. You replied by claiming I said the exact opposite, and then use that outright untruth to attack me an how I interpreted the CDC report.

You've done this several times now. I'm beginning to think you're doing it on purpose.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
  1. Littering is against the law. I did it as a teenager (throw used condoms out of my car window) and that doesn't make it right.
  2. Them having sex in a city park is wrong and illegal. What I was trying to get across to you is their behavior is more in line with men frequenting male prostitutes than traditional homosexual relationships.
  3. The topic is about the increased number of HIV among homosexuals and you're ranting about "dead condoms"? I kill condoms all the time when I have sex with my wife or girlfriends before I got married. About the only difference is I threw them in the trash can afterwards. You think men who frequent women prostitutes care about the enviroment any more or less than men who frequent male prostitutes? No they don't. They're just as likely to throw their used condom on the ground after doing the deed.
  4. I'm homophobic because of something that happened to me in the Navy but you seem to really have an axe to grind. I admit my homophobia, know the exact source of the homophobia, and a working to get over it. What's your beef?
If you think my "rant" is about dead condoms i suggest you scroll up and read the first 5 pages of this thread.

Dead condoms are proof of what the CDC study is about.

Yeah they're using them ... are they working?....Hope so.. but the numbers dont add up.

so If all the guys dumping used condoms on the ground are practicing safe sex....

you know what unsafe sex looks like if it's in the same numbers.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 AM

The type of sex shown in the video is in line with prostitution. The risky unprotected gay sex usually happens in or after going clubbing which usually includes illegal or legal drugs that lower inhibitions and brain functions. That is where the openly gay men go. The men who are trying to hide their homosexuality will sometimes go to these parks for sex, sometimes to pay for gay sex. The story said they were married men. That means they're using condoms to protect themselves and their wife.
Quote:
If you think my "rant" is about dead condoms i suggest you scroll up and read the first 5 pages of this thread.

Dead condoms are proof of what the CDC study is about.

Yeah they're using them ... are they working?....Hope so.. but the numbers dont add up.

so If all the guys dumping used condoms on the ground are practicing safe sex....

you know what unsafe sex looks like if it's in the same numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies