Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
In the gay community - drastically.
And what changes in the gay community when acceptance is achieved.

I accept there are people who prefer same sex "intercourse", I accept them as human beings who have the right to live their lives as they want. But, I do not accept homosexual behavior as being normal or natural. Is that good enough for you? Or do I have to LOVE everything about the sexual behavior of homosexuals for gays to feel accepted? Will the anonymous sex in parks stop when gays are universally "accepted"? Or can the general population be indifferent with regard to homosexuals and the behavior that spreads HIV will suddenly and miraculously cease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. a homicidal gay meltdown. how gauche.

are you going to infect all those CDC researchers as well? it was their study, after all...
I'm not homicidal , i just want straight people to back off. Leave us alone , its none of your dam business. & STD is going down in the Gay Community. Btw , you could end up like that homophobe who tried to bash my friend last year , my friend Tasered him and messed up his junk area. Which i can say many gay people are doing these days , turning on there attackers and damaging there junk depts. Personally i wouldn't , a shot of a Taser gun is enough for me, but not every gay person is like me.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:33 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
And what changes in the gay community when acceptance is achieved.

I accept there are people who prefer same sex "intercourse", I accept them as human beings who have the right to live their lives as they want. But, I do not accept homosexual behavior as being normal or natural. Is that good enough for you? Or do I have to LOVE everything about the sexual behavior of homosexuals for gays to feel accepted?
I truly, truly don't understand the distinction you're making. You say you accept homosexuality, but that it's abnormal and unnatural.

Would you answer these simple questions for me please:
Is homosexuality moral or immoral (or neither - not within the realm of morality)?
Is homosexuality wrong?
Is it wrong to be a homosexual, or is it a perfectly fine and acceptable way to exist (whether you believe it to be a choice or innate and immutable)?
How would you react if your child told you he or she is gay?

If you say it's immoral or wrong, how can you possibly then claim you accept it?

When I came out to my father at 17 he said "Son I love you no matter what and accept you, now lets go see a doctor and get you fixed." That's not acceptance - that's rejection. Despite the words, what he really said was "I don't accept you for who you are. There is something wrong with you, and you need to be changed."

I burst into tears, ran out the door, and didn't speak to him for a month. I was so depressed I didn't eat a single bite for a week - I considered killing myself.

On the other hand, if you say that homosexuality is moral and a perfectly fine and good way to exist, then I don't see how you could come to the conclusion that it's abnormal and unnatural (especially since it's observed in nearly every species on the planet).

Last edited by denverkid; 03-18-2010 at 02:49 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Lucky Gem can't forget that woman trying to kiss her. LG maybe you should see a gay cult movie- "Johnny Guitar" starring Joan Crawford. You remind me of Mercedes McCambridge's character in that..

Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
I truly, truly don't understand the distinction you're making. You say you accept homosexuality, but that it's abnormal and unnatural.

Would you answer these simple questions for me please:
Is homosexuality moral or immoral (or neither - not within the realm of morality)?
Is homosexuality wrong?
Is it wrong to be a homosexual, or is it a perfectly fine and acceptable way to exist (whether you believe it to be a choice or innate and immutable)?

If you say it's immoral or wrong, how can you possibly then claim you accept it?

When I came out to my father at 17 he said "Son I love you no matter what and accept you, now lets go see a doctor and get you fixed." That's not acceptance - that's rejection. Despite the words, what he really said was "I don't accept you for who you are. There is something wrong with you, and you need to be changed."

I burst into tears, ran out the door, and didn't speak to him for a month. I was so depressed I didn't eat a single bite for a week - I considered killing myself.

On the other hand, if you say that homosexuality is moral and a perfectly fine and good way to exist, then I don't see how you could come to the conclusion that it's abnormal and unnatural (especially since it's observed in nearly every species on the planet).

Because you have been honestly giving me your opinions I will also do the same for you and answer your questions.

I don't make judgments about the morality or immorality of sexual behavior. I don't practice any form of organized religion so my morality isn't governed by religious dogma.

Is homosexuality wrong?

In my opinion the act of "sex play" between people who have the same genitals is abnormal. To me it's not a question of what's wrong or right, in my opinion it's abnormal sexual behavior.

In my opinion almost all humans have a right to exist and live a productive life. I make an exception for people who commit cold blooded premeditated murder and child molesters who I don't believe have the right to exist. Because I have no idea what drives a person to engage in sexual activity with people who have the same sex organs they do I don't know if it is innate or not. I do know that people have a choice with regard to who they choose to have sex with and how many partners they have or not, so why that wouldn't translate into sexual preference is still unknown.

Whether my child is gay or straight, when a child makes a decision about their sexual orientation before the age of puberty I would want to know what they thought the act of sex is and isn't and how they knew what their sexual orientation is at such an early age. When they're past the age of puberty and are young adults (but not out of High School) and they are discovering their own sexuality, I would not encourage them to have any sexual exploration until they are an adult, because a child (under the age of 18) is not emotionally mature to handle the adult ramifications of sexual activity such as pregnancy and STD's.

If my child told me he/she was gay, they'd still be my child. The BEHAVIOR is what I don't agree with. You can be a rocket scientist and be homosexual, doesn't mean you're not still a rocket scientist. Your sexual behavior shouldn't define who you are as an individual. From my opinion, heterosexuals don't do that, I'm a woman before I'm a heterosexual, I don't even feel the need to identify in the least with my sexuality, I don't wear it on my sleeve, or shout it from the rooftops. Because I am secure in who I am as a woman, and I don't feel the need to identify myself at all with how I have sex.

I accept the INDIVIDUAL not their behavior. It's like if my child was a drug addict (I would naturally try to get them help) I would love them and NOT their addiction. Am I understanding you correctly? In order for me to accept any homosexual, I have to also accept their sexual behavior? In your opinion I cannot simply see another human being, and accept them as a HUMAN BEING FIRST... in spite of their sexual orientation?

Old 03-18-2010, 03:52 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
Because you have been honestly giving me your opinions I will also do the same for you and answer your questions.

I don't make judgments about the morality or immorality of sexual behavior. I don't practice any form of organized religion so my morality isn't governed by religious dogma.

Is homosexuality wrong?

In my opinion the act of "sex play" between people who have the same genitals is abnormal. To me it's not a question of what's wrong or right, in my opinion it's abnormal sexual behavior.

In my opinion almost all humans have a right to exist and live a productive life. I make an exception for people who commit cold blooded premeditated murder and child molesters who I don't believe have the right to exist. Because I have no idea what drives a person to engage in sexual activity with people who have the same sex organs they do I don't know if it is innate or not. I do know that people have a choice with regard to who they choose to have sex with and how many partners they have or not, so why that wouldn't translate into sexual preference is still unknown.

Whether my child is gay or straight, when a child makes a decision about their sexual orientation before the age of puberty I would want to know what they thought the act of sex is and isn't and how they knew what their sexual orientation is at such an early age. When they're past the age of puberty and are young adults (but not out of High School) and they are discovering their own sexuality, I would not encourage them to have any sexual exploration until they are an adult, because a child (under the age of 18) is not emotionally mature to handle the adult ramifications of sexual activity such as pregnancy and STD's.

If my child told me he/she was gay, they'd still be my child. The BEHAVIOR is what I don't agree with. You can be a rocket scientist and be homosexual, doesn't mean you're not still a rocket scientist. Your sexual behavior shouldn't define who you are as an individual. From my opinion, heterosexuals don't do that, I'm a woman before I'm a heterosexual, I don't even feel the need to identify in the least with my sexuality, I don't wear it on my sleeve, or shout it from the rooftops. Because I am secure in who I am as a woman, and I don't feel the need to identify myself at all with how I have sex.
It's funny how straight people are so obessed with gay people's sexual lives. Why straight people are so into something that is private is beyond me. Maybe deep down inside, it turns them on?

Old 03-18-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
It's funny how straight people are so obessed with gay people's sexual lives. Why straight people are so into something that is private is beyond me. Maybe deep down inside, it turns them on?
Since when are homosexuals not obsessed with their own sexuality?

I post an answer simply stating that I can accept you as a human in spite of your sexuality and I'm told that I have to accept the sexual behavior of homosexuals in order to "truly" accept gays.

Tell me how that can't be equated to being obsessed with your own sexuality?

As far as it turning me on, it's actually visually revolting to me when I have seen two people of the same sex kiss, I can only equate the sensation I feel when I have witnessed it as the feeling some people get when they hear nails on a chalkboard.

Believe me, there's no turn on for me to watch two men or two women tongue each other down.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 03-18-2010 at 04:20 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 04:20 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Since when are homosexuals not obsessed with their own sexuality?

I post an answer simply stating that I can accept you as a human in spite of your sexuality and I'm told that I have to accept the sexual behavior of homosexuals in order to "truly" accept gays.

Tell me how that can't be equated to being obsessed with your own sexuality?

As far as it turning me on, it's actually visually revolting to me when I have seen two people of the same sex kiss, I can only equate the sensation I feel when I have witnessed it the feeling some people get when they hear nails on a chalkboard. Believe me, there's no turn on for me to watch two men or two women tongue each other down.
That is an incrediby giant stretch.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
That is an incrediby giant stretch.
Quote:
Whether you think it's a giant stretch or not, has nothing to do with how I am interpreting his responses.

What you should do is go back and read the posts between me and Denver.

So you will have a better picture of what my interpretation is.

And It is my opinion that gays are obsessed with their sexuality because in my experience a homosexual will define themselves as gay or lesbian FIRST before they identify themselves as a being a man or a woman.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Whether you think it's a giant stretch or not, has nothing to do with how I am interpreting his responses.
Actually, it has everything to do with your interpretation.
Quote:
What you should do is go back and read the posts between me and Denver.

So you will have a better picture of what my interpretation is.
I've followed the thread from the beginning. Just haven't posted in it much.
Quote:
And It is my opinion that gays are obsessed with their sexuality because in my experience a homosexual will self define as gay or lesbian before they identify themselves as a man or a woman.
You can tell most people's gender just by looking at them. Can you say the same for orientation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies