Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times

Advertisements

Get a load of this doped up scumbag.....
Quote:
Limbaugh tells Marcelas: "Your mom would have still died, because Obamacare doesn't kick in until 2014." On the March 12 edition of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh aired a clip of Marcelas' remarks at the health care event and said, "Now, this is unseemly, exploitative, an 11-year-old kid being forced to tell this story all over just to benefit the Democrat Party and Barack Obama." Limbaugh later said, referring to Marcelas, "Your mom would have still died, because Obamacare doesn't kick in until 2014."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 04:19 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
See the second set of pictures, slideshow of children carrying signs at the tea parties:

10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs And Extensive Photo Coverage From Tax Day Protests (PHOTOS)
So what if parents take their kids with them, it is no where near the same ball park at politicians using the sob stories of children to ram thru their legislation?

Old 03-20-2010, 04:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So what if parents take their kids with them, it is no where near the same ball park at politicians using the sob stories of children to ram thru their legislation?
I beg to differ with you. The kids at the protests don't have a clue what their signs mean or what the issues are involved with health care. The little girl who lost her mother has a huge understanding of what happens when someone loses there health insurance.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:01 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Lefties set this poor kid up as their tool to grab the sympathy vote. They are the ones who should be ashamed.
Of course...Progressives have no shame do they?

The OP thread is another example of using the kid as a posterboy. Talk about prostitution!
Why is it that conservatives can never separate children and prostitution?

Old 03-20-2010, 10:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I beg to differ with you. The kids at the protests don't have a clue what their signs mean or what the issues are involved with health care. The little girl who lost her mother has a huge understanding of what happens when someone loses there health insurance.
What Wayland said.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
You can never have a serious discussion with the insane.. because no matter what you present to them they will condemn it and attack it...
What better way to illustrate the problems with out healthcare system then to show a REAL story where a child is now motherless because she didn't have access to the treatment she needed to live because it wasn't available to her or couldn't afford the availability of it...
And in response to this REAL story you want to say "you're exploiting the child for an agenda"??? well I'm sorry but any agenda that is seeking to ensure that something like this doesn't happen to another American Child.. I'm all for it...even if glen beck thinks otherwise

Old 03-21-2010, 01:48 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
You can never have a serious discussion with the insane.. because no matter what you present to them they will condemn it and attack it...
What better way to illustrate the problems with out healthcare system then to show a REAL story where a child is now motherless because she didn't have access to the treatment she needed to live because it wasn't available to her or couldn't afford the availability of it...
And in response to this REAL story you want to say "you're exploiting the child for an agenda"??? well I'm sorry but any agenda that is seeking to ensure that something like this doesn't happen to another American Child.. I'm all for it...even if glen beck thinks otherwise
The access was there; she didn't go to the hospital. She quit seeking treatment.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The access was there; she didn't go to the hospital. She quit seeking treatment.
treatment cost 100K per year
I dunno.. I'd probably consider giving my child up for adoption so I could die rather than be riddled with that sort of debt as a single mom and trying to provide for him/her.....
I can't say for sure I've never been in that position, but I can say that the thought would cross my mind
we live in a nation where someone would be weighing those options.. in other first world countries they don't have to be put in that position... just sayin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies