Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,272,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Guy View Post
Paul Wolfowitz was the main planner of the mass murder in Iraq. Why are Iraqi lives worth any less than the lives of jews? I'm a true Christian and do not believe Iraqi lives are worth any less than the lives of people killed over 65 years ago

There are almost 1 millon dead Iraqis since fanatics like Paul Wolfowitz and Madeline Albright targeted Iraq because of their never-ending hatred of the Sunni Iraqis culture and religion, that's one out of every 24 Iraqis who are dead. This IS a holocaust.
No....... It's not.

1 million dead Iraqis is a REALLY broad brush stroke there.....

Care to give me the number out of these 1 million that are as a direct result of U.S. military action??? Yes it's still a bad number, but nothing comparable to what you claim. Your number lumps in deaths by natural causes and tens to hundreds of thousands killed by OTHER Iraqis including Saddam Hussein and his regime.

You do a GREAT disservice attempting to pin all of these deaths on the United States, but I guess that's what your ilk is all about. Blame America!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM

9,882 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Quote:
Paul Wolfowitz was the main planner of the mass murder in Iraq. Why are Iraqi lives worth any less than the lives of jews? I'm a true Christian and do not believe Iraqi lives are worth any less than the lives of people killed over 65 years ago

There are almost 1 millon dead Iraqis since fanatics like Paul Wolfowitz and Madeline Albright targeted Iraq because of their never-ending hatred of the Sunni Iraqis culture and religion, that's one out of every 24 Iraqis who are dead. This IS a holocaust.
Why are you so sympathetic to the enemy, are you an Iraqi, or Arab or just your garden variety Anti American leftist. Where are you coming from?

Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,416,930 times
Quote:
Why are we afraid to call what America and its allies did to Iraqis a holocaust? If what happened in Iraq isn't a holocaust what is?
In the old days they called it war.

I fail to see where any one class of people are being rounded up and prosecuted .... no wait, there is ... the Arabs are still hell bent on killing all the Jews just like the real holocaust.

Check anything the AhmadineNUT says, it nearly always involves killing all the Jews. But then again according to Ahmadinejad the holocaust never happened, so it's a moot question you ask.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 AM

572 posts, read 2,086,197 times
Quote:
Why are we afraid to call what America and its allies did to Iraqis a holocaust? If what happened in Iraq isn't a holocaust what is?
I'm dead against the war, but calling it a holocaust is way out of line.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Why are you so sympathetic to the enemy, are you an Iraqi, or Arab or just your garden variety Anti American leftist. Where are you coming from?
And just because he sways left does not mean he is Anti American. Give me a break

Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This is ridicules and the comparison is shamefull and a slap in the face to all the jews who were lost in the holocaust, typical leftist Seattlite mentality.
I love (actually loathe) how you make everything an "evil leftist" issue... of course, you completely ignore the fact that approx. 75% of American Jews vote Democrat - LOL. And as one of those leftist American Jews, I take great offense to you implying that Dems are antisemitic or uncaring of the Jewish plight. Gimme a break, and try coming up with an intelligent and well thought-out argument next time, mkay?

Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
And just because he sways left does not mean he is Anti American. Give me a break
Oh, but Silas thinks everything is the lefties fault, because he obviously can't come up with a better argument... guess I should follow his "debating" tactic, and call that a typical conservative cop-out. When all else fails, blame it on the Democrats! Oy vey.

P.S. If anything, I believe that Democrats/leftists are MORE pro-American, since we don't like our troops dying in an unjust war. How exactly is it patriotic to celebrate a war, and send thousands of our soldiers off to die? Seriously, I just don't get that...

Old 06-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I love (actually loathe) how you make everything an "evil leftist" issue... of course, you completely ignore the fact that approx. 75% of American Jews vote Democrat - LOL. And as one of those leftist American Jews, I take great offense to you implying that Dems are antisemitic or uncaring of the Jewish plight. Gimme a break, and try coming up with an intelligent and well thought-out argument next time, mkay?
Well put. Some people just naturally have a lower IQ

Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,767,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Its not a war.
Its an Occupation.
And what is an Occupation? Get your dictionary out before you answer that....

Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 PM

9,882 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Giz, the guy is comparing Iraq, to the holocaust! you cant have an intelligent well thought out argument with some one like that! they are as far out there as you can get in left field ,and yes I would call them AntiAmerican! Now, if you & Jer bear want to get all self righteous & indignant and include your selves go ahead but I didn't! Sounds to me like your just looking to be offended, and and make yourself guilty by association because your both leftists?? I never said a word about jews or democrats!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies