Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:17 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times

Advertisements

In the ideal conservative world, the President is responsible only to conservatives, should do only what conservatives say. You know, because the conservatives consider themselves to be elite, because only what they believe is right and acceptable. The president should ignore everybody except the conservatives.
We should all know that the US Constitution was made to serve the conservatives and their beliefs.
Everybody is screwed up except the conservatives, that's why they are the elite, god's chosen people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Marie must be the democrat/liberal party, and Louis XVI must be the republican/neocon party.

let them eat cake!
I was going to say the same thing!! you beat me to it.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the democrat party does not care about the constitution when they are in power, just when they are not.

otherwise they would not be shredding it as we speak.
OK let's hear it. How is the constitution being shredded? What a complete pile of pure balony. The last refuge of a scoundrel. You must be very anti American to believe that this constitution that gets pulled out by everyone who does not happen to like certain legislation is totally incapable of defending it's self. The last time I read it I was under the impression that it was the Supreme court's function to rule on the legality of law. With a majority of conservatives on the court just what is your fear based on? I know full well that the supreme court will uphold the health care bill and that in a nut shell is your and everyone elses problem that cry out."The sky is falling the sky is falling. It's really lame and just shows the depth of ignorance that the opponents stoop to in order to whip up fear and hysteria.
Tools of Big insurance,Pharma and the entire status quo. If it was absolutely proven without a shadow of a doubt that the reformation of health care was good for the American people and it was going to save the government trillions of dollars and it was going to save millions of lives. Would these people be in favour? Of course not. They would oppose it with everything they have. They don't care for anything outside of their own narrow self interests and anyone who can not see that is blind as the proverbial bat.
We got rid of the entire bunch of them here in Canada and what we now have is the Doctors running healthcare as best they can for the PEOPLE. You know those entities that the government is supposed to represent.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Didn't "the people" elect this administration on a health care reform platform?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Ding! That is correct.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
The constitution is no longer relevant. Since we are no longer using it maybe we should pass it along to , oh, say, maybe, Iraq.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:09 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
In the ideal conservative world, the President is responsible only to conservatives, should do only what conservatives say. You know, because the conservatives consider themselves to be elite, because only what they believe is right and acceptable. The president should ignore everybody except the conservatives.
We should all know that the US Constitution was made to serve the conservatives and their beliefs.
Everybody is screwed up except the conservatives, that's why they are the elite, god's chosen people.
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Aye, I'l begin to sharpen me axe....

The question is do you know what cake was in the 18th century? Well, it's a question at any rate

(warning) I do know the answer...

Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
i think the people elected this administration because they hated bush, wars, illegal immigration, high unemployment, and spending and now they got obama, wars, illegal immigration, high unemployment, and spending.

i think the people spoke in massachusetts on the health care bill.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Everyone seems to forget that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies