Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
LOL....nice spin but no win.

We all know the truth. If they wanted a public option they'd have it but even folks like Bawney Fwank can admit they didn't have the votes to do it on the Dem side of the isle. NO WAY to pin this on the Republicans.
The only spin is that coming from you.

Your heroes didn't want a public option, so the Dems took it off the table. You can try to spin it all you want son. No sweat off my back, I see the game for what it is. Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

95 posts, read 141,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
None of which fixed one single thing. The old and poor have crappy health care that they always complain about, there's boatloads of inequality in every direction, and Social Security is a fairy tale which never should have happened and will not exist when I retire.

Obama is done. A certain one-termer. Now we'll have Republican control after a few short months, too bad we're not smart enough to abandon both parties.

This may be just the catalyst we need to get a third party established.

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Default Those who pay should decide where the money goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The opinions of the Tea Party goons are not the majority of Americans.
I think the opinions of the Tea Party patriots, and Libertarians, reflect the views of the vast majority of Americans who pay into the system.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:41 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Face it, the PARTIES both whored out to insurance companies. Repubs for the talking points and constant background noise against the public option and the D"sfor passing a bill that doesn't have one.
This is very true

Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
The only spin is that coming from you.

Your heroes didn't want a public option, so the Dems took it off the table. You can try to spin it all you want son. No sweat off my back, I see the game for what it is. Yawn.
You must be trying to convince yourself because EVERYONE else knows the truth.

Barney Frank: Front Door Single Payer Suicidal « Single Payer Action

Old 03-21-2010, 08:04 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
florida.bob

You and I tend to disagree about healthcare reform's final outcome.

I hope and I really do hope everything works out best for people like you who have been priced out of private health insurance because of pre-exisiting conditions. I think I read before you have to rely on the VA system as backup and a lot of people don't even have that backup system.

My main concern has always been how to pay for this thing. Living in Florida (I live in an Orlando suburb), I've just seen so many people "gaming" the government. (prime example is literally thousands of homeowners doing buy and bail with their current mortgages or shifting money around to qualify for short sales (taking advantage of the 2007 Congressional law that forgave 1099 DEBT on primary homes).

That's what I fear with this healthcare reform. There are going to be people who will completely take advantage of this healthcare subsidy either by not working enough or under reporting income to qualify for benefits. Or just plain over utilizing it. There's only so much money to go around. I have always supported elimination of pre-existing conditions. But I am not in favor of letting "children" of parents up to the age of 27 go on their parent's healthcare plans. Congress should have put a stop and made it so that unless these "young adults" have preexisting conditions, they should be required to buy private health insurance themselves. If you are a young adult (assuming you are healthy, which 98% of them are), you can get super cheap health insurance for around $100 a month. that's less than the bar tab these young adults spend on drinking on an average Saturday night.

I only paid $50 a month for my coverage when I was in my 20s. I'm in my mid 30s and still only pay $110 a month (that's an indemnity plan where I can choose almost any physician). Sure it's a high deductible of $2500 but I can put up to $3000 a year towards an HSA. So the tax savings are there. Most young people should be on High Deductible HSA plans anyways.
Interesting. The Mortgage Debt Relief Act of 2007 generally allows taxpayers to exclude income from the discharge of debt on their principal residence. Debt reduced through mortgage restructuring, as well as mortgage debt forgiven in connection with a foreclosure, qualifies for the relief.

This provision applies to debt forgiven in calendar years 2007 through 2012. Up to $2 million of forgiven debt is eligible for this exclusion ($1 million if married filing separately). The exclusion does not apply if the discharge is due to services performed for the lender or any other reason not directly related to a decline in the home’s value or the taxpayer’s financial condition.Source

Thus far I have not seen legislation or a rule which relieves one from the obligation to pay the deficiency judgement should the lender decide to pursue it post a shortsale transaction. Can you provide a link to substantiate this claim?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I think the opinions of the Tea Party patriots, and Libertarians, reflect the views of the vast majority of Americans who pay into the system.
lol...not a chance. The election results consistently prove this theory wrong.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:08 PM

John Boehner is a very angry man. He is screaming NO on the house floor....he says no a lot....lol

Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,044 times
Boehner is on a roll.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,169,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Wow that word sure has gotten cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies