Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, I didn't care for that either.

I know that there are fringe-types on both sides, but that shouldn't stop me or anyone else from criticizing the OBAMA=HITLER crowd. They look like loons.

I agree. It would be more appropriate to have hussein obama -Mao signs. bammy love sMao so much he had his images gracing his Christmas tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 09:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Articles I have read regarding sole proprietors purchasing insurance under this bill indicates it will continue to cost more.
Well, that's alright with me. Knowing that my insurance can't be cancelled and knowing that millions more Americans will be covered is worth the increase in price, if that's what it takes.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Well, that's alright with me. Knowing that my insurance can't be cancelled and knowing that millions more Americans will be covered is worth the increase in price, if that's what it takes.

They'll need it since they will be unemployed.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Default petition the HOUSE

November is Coming... | Sign the Petition Today!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Quote:
Oh yeah. I can't wait to see all of the OBAMA=HITLER signs. It should be quite a spectacle.

I love those signs..spot on

Old 03-19-2010, 09:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Sign a petition that November is coming? What is this, the flat earth society? We all know November will come again!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:

LOL! Even if they were covered, where are they going to get a doctor to see them? Wasn't the percentage like 40% of doctors that said they would leave the practice if this health care scam is passed? Where I live we just lost our only two doctors because of hussein obama cutting medicare payments 21%. Now people will have to drive an hour and a half to see a doctor IF they can find one.

There is already a shortage of medical staff in this country. How will be there to treat these millions more?

Left wingers think nothing through if they hear the word free or think they will get a handout.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
The whole thing is just such a load of crap. I'm old enough to remember when they socialized health care here in Canada. My own father was a health insurance broker for goodness sakes. We heard all the same bull coming from the vested interests but the Canadian government went ahead anyway and cooked their goose.
So now we have complete medical coverage for all and let me tell you this "IT'S AWESOME". Sure their are some challenges in the system and it's not perfect but don't ever believe the lies you hear from those same vested interests about universal medical coverage In Canada.

Canada actually ranks higher by the world health organization than the USA in many areas. Our statistical outcomes also beat the USA in many important areas. Child mortality, Life expectancy and others. I'm not writing this post to claim our system is better than that of the USA. I'm just pointing out that it's a very good system at least as good and maybe better.
We have this universal healthcare and it costs the taxpayers just a little over half per capita than the USA already pays per capita for their mish mash of programs that leave many with out any medical coverage. Now this does not include the trillions of dollars that medical consumers pay in insurance primiums. Did you know that it costs GM USA on average $2000 more per car to produce than it costs GM Canada in health care costs alone. Your country simply can not afford that and expect to succeed in the global economy. It's one of the prime reasons that Toyota and Honda have invested so much in Canada and most of the production is exported to the USA.
Well, how is it possible to provide all the people with such good health care at a fraction of the cost of USA health care? It's very simple actually. There are no third parties that are eating up a large percentage of every health care dollar and adding NOTHING to actual care.
In a system such as ours, contrary to what you will hear in the US media, the government does not run the system at all. Non profit healthcare corporations run the system and it's mainly the Doctors that run the corporations. All the government does is fund the system and I might add they underfund it. The corporations have to get $1.50 value for every dollar they spend. There is no room for fraud or skimming and their books are audited every year. In fact if you are the CEO of a hospital corp. and you run a deficit the Ministry of health will probably fire you and bring in one of their own trouble shooters to get things running correctly. Our medical professionals still make really good money here. My oldest son is a Dr. and he makes aprox $300,000 a year. That's enough for saving peoples lives I would say. He would make a lot more if he went to the USA and worked in a big hospital there. In fact he gets recruitment letters on just about a weekly basis.
In conclusion I would have to say that the arguements against medical reform in the USA are just complete garbage. The people that are presently recieving almost one sixth of the entire GNP of the country will not let it go without a knock down drag im out fight. The thing that never ceases to amaze me is how many Americans there are that believe their lies and misrepresentations. They are not on the side of the people. They only care about their own very narrow interests and anyone who believes otherwise is a dupe.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The whole thing is just such a load of crap. I'm old enough to remember when they socialized health care here in Canada. My own father was a health insurance broker for goodness sakes. We heard all the same bull coming from the vested interests but the Canadian government went ahead anyway and cooked their goose.
So now we have complete medical coverage for all and let me tell you this "IT'S AWESOME". Sure their are some challenges in the system and it's not perfect but don't ever believe the lies you hear from those same vested interests about universal medical coverage In Canada.

Canada actually ranks higher by the world health organization than the USA in many areas. Our statistical outcomes also beat the USA in many important areas. Child mortality, Life expectancy and others. I'm not writing this post to claim our system is better than that of the USA. I'm just pointing out that it's a very good system at least as good and maybe better.
We have this universal healthcare and it costs the taxpayers just a little over half per capita than the USA already pays per capita for their mish mash of programs that leave many with out any medical coverage. Now this does not include the trillions of dollars that medical consumers pay in insurance primiums. Did you know that it costs GM USA on average $2000 more per car to produce than it costs GM Canada in health care costs alone. Your country simply can not afford that and expect to succeed in the global economy. It's one of the prime reasons that Toyota and Honda have invested so much in Canada and most of the production is exported to the USA.
Well, how is it possible to provide all the people with such good health care at a fraction of the cost of USA health care? It's very simple actually. There are no third parties that are eating up a large percentage of every health care dollar and adding NOTHING to actual care.
In a system such as ours, contrary to what you will hear in the US media, the government does not run the system at all. Non profit healthcare corporations run the system and it's mainly the Doctors that run the corporations. All the government does is fund the system and I might add they underfund it. The corporations have to get $1.50 value for every dollar they spend. There is no room for fraud or skimming and their books are audited every year. In fact if you are the CEO of a hospital corp. and you run a deficit the Ministry of health will probably fire you and bring in one of their own trouble shooters to get things running correctly. Our medical professionals still make really good money here. My oldest son is a Dr. and he makes aprox $300,000 a year. That's enough for saving peoples lives I would say. He would make a lot more if he went to the USA and worked in a big hospital there. In fact he gets recruitment letters on just about a weekly basis.
In conclusion I would have to say that the arguements against medical reform in the USA are just complete garbage. The people that are presently recieving almost one sixth of the entire GNP of the country will not let it go without a knock down drag im out fight. The thing that never ceases to amaze me is how many Americans there are that believe their lies and misrepresentations. They are not on the side of the people. They only care about their own very narrow interests and anyone who believes otherwise is a dupe.

You are overlooking the obvious. There is health care reform, which everyone would like to see and then there is obamacare. Big differance. hussein obama cannot be trusted to do anything right or ethical.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post

Yeah it seems "AWESOME".

CBC News - Calgary - Southern Alberta women delivering in Montana, Toronto

"Toni MacDonald, who is in charge of child health programs for the Calgary Health Region, said sending patients to the United States or Toronto is unusual. In the past, neo-natal intensive care beds have been found at hospitals in British Columbia, Edmonton or Saskatchewan."

Can't wait. If neo natal beds can't be found in NJ maybe we can send our kids to Ohio or Guatamala.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies