Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,167,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
There never has been a shred of proof to the position (Obama citizenship denial - RationalWiki)

So they go with the next best (laughably) best thing. Moral panic about evil (even though they are lying, and know it), ad hominem arguments (calling anyone who questions stupid, troll, evil as well), Kool-Aid drinking (even though the entire belief without truth thing they are pushing is the definition of "drinking" it), or when all else fails....it's a government conspiracy they can't prove.

It's pretty obvious how far fetched and deranged it is when those who still believe it have said they will never accept proof to the contrary.

Pretty massive irony no one has said a peep about any of the other citizenship questions. Like McCain born in 1936 at the Coco Solo Naval Air Station in the Panama Canal Zone; or 1964 Republican candidate, Barry Goldwater, was born in 1909 in Phoenix, Arizona Territory, which was not even a state until 1912.
The military base flew the flag of the United States and that is considered a part of the US. Maybe you need to study up on things like that for military bases, embassies and such.

It may be that you need to realize that the Senate passed a rule that McCain was excluded and even The Man himself voted in favor of it.

Lets see now, has The Man ever offered to settle the birth thing by showing the long form birth certificate. I would believe it completely but as long as he holds out I have to wonder why he does it.

I forgot to mention that territories are considered part of the US and Arizona was just that. BTW, did either McCain or Goldwater win their elections for the top political office? I am now giggling at you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 11:42 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The Constitution is of little consequence to most Obama supporters. They'd just as soon use it for toilet paper. Required proof of citizenship will never be offered for this Manchurian Candidate.
Did you have a gripe when Bush claimed that The Constitution was "'just a goddamned piece of paper"???

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

I've talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper."

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, while still White House counsel, wrote that the "Constitution is an outdated document."

Bush - Constitution 'Just A Goddamned Piece Of Paper'

Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,345,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What rules? The rules that the left wants everyone to do their work for them?

I looked it up because I did not think you could run for president or congress for that matter unless you proved your citizenship.
The "gentlemen and women's agreement" on this forum that you back up what you say.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:09 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,129,945 times
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1628400126206&id=a19a58bb57af5473 c50a60c36638c0f4&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.donkeydish.c om%2fimages%2fgallery%2fbarack-obama-birth-certificate_472x460.jpg (broken link)

Can't read it, but it's supposedly legit.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,345,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1628400126206&id=a19a58bb57af5473 c50a60c36638c0f4&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.donkeydish.c om%2fimages%2fgallery%2fbarack-obama-birth-certificate_472x460.jpg (broken link)

Can't read it, but it's supposedly legit.
Oh, it can't be! The "birthers" don't want it to be.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,815,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Did you have a gripe when Bush claimed that The Constitution was "'just a goddamned piece of paper"???
Yes, I did. And with Clinton, Carter, Bush Sr., etc.... .

Old 03-20-2010, 12:16 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,024,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The military base flew the flag of the United States and that is considered a part of the US. Maybe you need to study up on things like that for military bases, embassies and such.

It may be that you need to realize that the Senate passed a rule that McCain was excluded and even The Man himself voted in favor of it.

Lets see now, has The Man ever offered to settle the birth thing by showing the long form birth certificate. I would believe it completely but as long as he holds out I have to wonder why he does it.

I forgot to mention that territories are considered part of the US and Arizona was just that. BTW, did either McCain or Goldwater win their elections for the top political office? I am now giggling at you.
LoL, never did I say either was not at any point...I am saying the question was never even considered of anyone in the last 100 years. People before hand just showed it, verified by the state, and moved on.

Oh, the delicious partisan insanity and hypocrisy that focuses on any questions to one party while the other gets away without a peep. It is required for running, even if they did not win the seat...can't run if you are not eligible.

Here it has been shown; verified by the state, Director of the Hawai'i State Department of Health Dr. Chiyome Fukin, Supreme Court, all of congress, and pretty much anyone with a computer in the last year. It is certainly enough to obtain a drivers license, passport, and senate seat (where no one challenged it before of any of those). Those were it has been verified in all forms just say the officials have been paid off and it's a conspiracy, so they refuse to accept it anyways (a form of Cognitive dissonance - RationalWiki) by people like Orly Taitz.

The only people left to address this issue are just the schizophrenics and psychotics that only accept what enforces their world views. Largely those who also believe WorldNutDaily publishes honest stories about the evil fantasy world of Liberal's around you.

Last edited by subsound; 03-20-2010 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-20-2010, 12:35 PM

113 posts, read 244,470 times
Bush Bashers; Doug Thompson at Capitol Hill Blue has been soundly discredited, never quoting sources because he made it up. As far as Obama, what does it matter? The same people that tremble with rage over Bush, to this day, could care less that Obama has continued the Bush Patriot Act, and expanded Executive Powers. Obama will never win over more than about half the country because his past is filled with mysteries. Why did he spend 19 years in a 'hate America' church? What were his college grades? What passport did he use to travel to Pakistan in 1981? Why did the doctors tell him he should moderate his drinking in his last physical? Why are banks so bad, but your buddy Jamie Diamond can get five million dollar bonuses? Why should unions get a better deal than pension funds in the GM bankruptcy? Are you really so ignorant to believe that small business will borrow money to expand payroll? Can you name another president that has tried to pin as much blame for so long on his predecessor? Not counting Joe Stalin that is. Do you think that still works? Would it work for a new football head coach? Would it work in business? just wondering.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:35 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,208,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The Constitution is of little consequence to most Obama supporters. They'd just as soon use it for toilet paper. Required proof of citizenship will never be offered for this Manchurian Candidate.
MOgal, I like that... Manchurian Candidate. Sounds so... applicable. And I certainly agree that the Bama supporters have no regard whatever for the constitution.

While I enjoy the Bama bashing (retribution) and I don't believe that O'b has been properly vetted in any quarter for any reason for any job and I would be amused to see him proved NOT a U.S. citizen, I can only say that it's my understanding that a child born to a U.S. citizen is likewise a citizen. Now, if the mother surrendered her U.S. citizenship to have the Kenyan's child then I believe the Won would not have been born a U.S. citizen.

Also, if the child surrendered his U.S. citizenship to become an Indonesian named Barry Sotero then I would question whatever validity his claimed U.S. citizenship may or not have.

I do think that the focus on citizenship is in the wrong place. It should be in Indonesia rather than Hawaii.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM

113 posts, read 244,470 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies