Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:00 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Really...is that what the leaders of the Republican Party are telling you folks.
Hmmmmm.
Huh what?

I'm no Republican LOL. Think you may have me confused with someone. I was agreeing with you in that post. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Did you call the number I gave you yet? The one to the Capitol Police, who will tell you that the story you've been repeating is a lie. No arrests made today.
Just because the behavior of the Tea Party folk did not cross the line to being criminal does not mean that their behavior was not immoral...and it was.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Nice and tidy, righty tighty.
OK.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Huh what?

I'm no Republican LOL. Think you may have me confused with someone. I was agreeing with you in that post. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Just because the behavior of the Tea Party folk did not cross the line to being criminal does not mean that their behavior was not immoral...and it was.
So far, all we have are unproven, uncorroborated allegations from lefty democrats.

Why are you so quick to take their word for it, especially when one of them is lying about an "arrest" by the capitol police that never happened.

Where's the proof, the audio, the video?

We all KNOW that is what you would be clamoring for if this were a republican. NO WAY would you believe it on just one man's word.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
A staffer for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-M.D.) had been spit on by a protestor. Rep. John Lewis (D-G.A.), a hero of the civil rights movement, was called a 'ni--er.' And Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) was called a "fa***t," as protestors shouted at him with deliberately lisp-y screams. Frank, approached in the halls after the president's speech, shrugged off the incident.
But Clyburn was downright incredulous, saying he had not witnessed such treatment since he was leading civil rights protests in South Carolina in the 1960s.
Tough times require tough measures. Maybe this is the only way to get though to these ahole Democrats that this bill is not wanted by the majority and that they should vote the will of the people they represent.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
I'm going to assume that it's a bunch of made up nonsense until a credible news source reports it. The Huffington Post hardly qualifies as a legitimate news organization.
Huh, it is true I called my cousin in D.C those fools are acting like.....fools!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Did you call the number I gave you yet? The one to the Capitol Police, who will tell you that the story you've been repeating is a lie. No arrests made today.
I did as I told you in a post on the last page which you are conveniently
ignoring~~~~

Edit: I see you had a mod delete my post....

Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
Quote:
So far, all we have are unproven, uncorroborated allegations from lefty democrats.

Why are you so quick to take their word for it, especially when one of them is lying about an "arrest" by the capitol police that never happened.

Where's the proof, the audio, the video?

We all KNOW that is what you would be clamoring for if this were a republican. NO WAY would you believe it on just one man's word.
So you stand by the notion that NO ARRESTS were made in DC. Because DC is such a crime free city. Does that include the 5 anti-war protesters or not.
I mean....you are telling us that DC cops have made zero arrests in DC. Statistically impossible.

STOP IT ALREADY. STOP LYING...I know it's one of the fundamental rules of the right...but please don't do it.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Tough times require tough measures. Maybe this is the only way to get though to these ahole Democrats that this bill is not wanted by the majority and that they should vote the will of the people they represent.
It's incredible that you would endorse those tactics. Or maybe it's not so incredible. I'm getting the impression that a lot of conservatives think that it's completely fine to behave that way.

The representatives are elected to make good decisions. They're not elected to simply vote however the majority in their district want them to vote. If our government was set up to totally reflect "the will of the people", then we would have a popular vote on everything, we wouldn't have elected representatives, and we wouldn't have a need for the Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies