Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 05:01 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you Southern Baptist? Maybe you should get over it and move on with your life. Life isn't about tattle telling and crying over such trivial subject matter. If the person wishes to wear a moronic T-Shirt then let it be and move on.
By "you" do you mean the 40 or so people, some religious, some atheist, some liberal, some conservative, that found this shirt offensive and improper?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
Haha, this thread is a perfect example of Godwin's Law. I'll give it another 2-3 pages of posts before we finally reach THE point.
This kid wears a shirt that's kind of raunchy, but it's his right. Plenty of people wear shirts that say God Bless or Not Of This World (which seems to be the new trend here in san diego). i get so sick of those Notw stickers.
You're such a trendy hipster, go on with your bad self, you trendy hipster, you.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
lol ...... they are not truly liberal if they are that easily offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
By "you" do you mean the 40 or so people, some religious, some atheist, some liberal, some conservative, that found this shirt offensive and improper?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What does the government have to do with social changes?
If you want a theocracy, try the middle east for a while. See how that works for you.

A young kid wouldn't even notice unless the parent brought it up.
Ever notice how scoundrels couch their desire to control others with the "it's for the children" screed?
Now that's twice. Apparently you aren't around children. You would be surprised by what they see and pick up on.

And calling me a scoundrel is the second TOS violation. How hard would it be to play nice?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I am not picking a fight here. Just a serious question. If you had or have kids, would you want them exposed to your t-shirt or the t-shirt the OP talked about? I mean at a young age?

My daughter is 12, she knows more than some 21 year olds.

If she asks a question, she gets a straight and correct answer.
I would have no problem explaining that shirt to my daughter, and then hearing her say, "That is disgusting", all on her own.

I may even approach the guy with my daughter and ask him to explain his shirt to her, personally. Then I would correct his errors for her, right there in front of him. Kill two birds with one stone, without encroaching on his freedoms.

I'm sure you hee-haw'd around, when your child first saw two dogs, or two cats mating?

Keeping your kids ignorant in the name of innocents, makes for a hasty crash coarse later, when it is already too late.

The big world is a very cruel place. Living a sheltered life, gets you thinking like we see evidence of here, with total control over another humans nonviolent, "odd to them", behavior.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Link?

Hahahahaha!

That was classic!

At least you have a sense of humor.

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
so according to some of you, it is ok to walk around with my middle finger up in the air 24/7, or wear a t shirt that reads I hate black people.
Yes...it's fine. But just be forewarned that physical violence towards you just might ensue.

1,807 posts, read 3,989,898 times
Quote:
You're such a trendy hipster, go on with your bad self, you trendy hipster, you.
Can you reply with a different comment? I dig your style, but browsing through this thread I saw the exact same reply to someone else's post Besides Sonrise, you said it yourself "Sadly, I'm afaraid many posters are gonna call me prudish and puritanical." I didn't call you either. I just stated something that's my opinion. No need to get in a huff about it, unless you enjoy that sort of thing, which i supposed would explain your post in the first place.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Now that's twice. Apparently you aren't around children. You would be surprised by what they see and pick up on.

And calling me a scoundrel is the second TOS violation. How hard would it be to play nice?
Call a mod, then.
Where did I call you a scoundrel? From your comment, it looks like you're self-identifying with my non-personalized comment.

BTW, I know that your kids are smarter than all of the other kids around.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2010 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hahahahaha!

That was classic!

At least you have a sense of humor.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies