Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you want to shoot kids who wear t-shirts not to your taste.
You need to get a life.
You need to re read the post!

Quote:
Why would they, or anyone for that matter, want your respect?
Why is that important to you?
This is the last time I will respond to your asinine posts which make no sense. I am 56 yrs old and have earned the respect of many people over the years and you dont know me well enough to even come close to making a statement like that, so it would be wise for you to think before you speak, which is one way of earning respect.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You mean public property or a public place on private property?
Anywhere one can exercise this right we call "Freedom of Speech". Now, would you raise hell if someone did that? No?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
You need to re read the post!

This is the last time I will respond to your asinine posts which make no sense. If I'm only so lucky. I am 56 yrs old and have earned the respect of many people over the years and you dont know me well enough to even come close to making a statement like that, so it would be wise for you to think before you speak, which is one way of earning respect.
I don't want your respect; why would I?
And why would you care if someone you don't know respects you?
You're the one who attacked me, sweetie.

You act rather young for your age.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace09 View Post
I think the kids who saw that t-shirt will see/hear/use alot more of the F-word in their lives, and i think theres a chance they end up mastrubating too once in their lifetime.
Why are adults so willing to push the ugliness of adulthood so fast upon our innocent, impressionable children? Why can't we just allow our children to enjoy their childhood without learning about vulgar language and crude things?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He was probably just out clubbing, and forgot to take off the shirt, I'm sure its a real chick magnet, if not a topic for casual conversation.

Personally, I think more idiots should walk around with t-shirts, to brandish their idiocy. I'll even go step further and suggest a charity, where we could pool our money, so these types of people could tattoo these things on their foreheads.

We could maybe limit the amount of times these
idiots may partake of the free tattoo service, some
people will always take advantage of our charity.
The moron in the picture will regret the tatoos in 10 or 20 yrs.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Keep that up and you're going to get yourself killed. Half these kids carry weapons of some sort...you're lucky that you didn't get killed or maimed...all over a stupid t-shirt.
The fact that kids carry weapons and would use them on someone voicing a legitimate complaint is just another illustration about how rude, crude and disrespectful our society has become.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And with that I'll ask you;

Since when did teenagers ever have any respect for anything?
When their parents took the time to teach them respect. Not all teenagers are disrespectful by nature ... Disrespect develops when a child never learns respect from their parents and when they watch too many TV shows that glorifies disrespect. Those TV shows were created by ADULTS who decided to build this image that rebellion and disrespect is cool.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM

[quote=ImTroyMcClure;13398041]Freedom is not about adhering to the most sensitive member of society. I wouldn't allow my own child to wear a shirt like that and I would look down upon anyone wearing it, but the men who died for this country died to protect our right to wear that shirt.
Quote:

Who is to decide what is too offensive for the public to see? Where does that line get drawn?
If your parent did their job, you will know.
Quote:
The bill of rights was written a long time before you were born, it guaranteed us as Americans the right to express ourselves and speak freely
. I t wasn't meant to yell f**k you either

Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Anywhere one can exercise this right we call "Freedom of Speech". Now, would you raise hell if someone did that? No?

That does not answer my question. Anywhere... where? I bring this up because there are a lot of people who are confused between the two.

So, in this "Anywhere one can exercise this right we call "Freedom of Speech", are you speaking of "public property" as in tax payer funded property, property to which is not privately owned? Or do you mean any public place on private property?

this is important, because this specifically defines our ability to exercise our freedoms. You are not free to impose on a property owner. You are not free to speak as you like on private property.

You are free to speak as you like on "public property" as it is tax payer funded property, for the people, by the people. All peoples rights are in effect there as you can not restrict another.

Again, the important point is if it is public property or private property.

So if we are clear there, then disregard the above.

As for if it is public property? I would likely move on thinking the person a belligerent idiot. Some might call him such to make the point or get in an argument with him, but that is all they could really do, tit for tat back and forth their opinions.

In that case, you are correct, I have no objection in terms of a demand to obstruct them.

But the important point is... public property is not everywhere you go. In fact there is far more private property than there is public. In the private circumstances, well... that is where poor social interaction can result in some consequences they may not have considered.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I completely disagree.
I love to f my buddy.

Sorry that you feel that adult life is ugly.
I think it's kind of fun; maybe I'm doing something right.
There is nothing beautiful about using swear words to get points across or expressing yourself in vulgar terms. You may think it's cute to say that you "love to F your buddy" but that phrase does not sound as if you have much respect for this buddy of yours. Why do adults degrade the beautiful act of sex down to the angry word "F***"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies