Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 PM

113 posts, read 244,728 times

Advertisements

Just don't call him a Maccaca or the libs will throw you in jail.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Frankly, I'd say that the problem is the parent, if they feel a need to direct their children away from people with some tattoos.

Then again, I suppose there's some people like dcsldcd, who'd obviously prefer to live in a police state, such as Iran.

My DH has full back, sleeves and (at the time of this anecdote) partial upper chest ink.

We were in WDW and DH sat with DD in a hot tub in one of the expensive grade WDW resort hotels. The other person in the hot tub looked hubby up and down then grabbed her daughter and pulled her out of the tub in such haste!

There are no words in the ink, nothing violent. All Asian art -- koi, lilies, geisha (in robes - no nudity) cranes, etc. You would have thought he walked in wearing his "9 out of 10 women are battered and I'm still eating mine plain" shirt.

Yes, we own vulgar shirts. We only wear them in appropriate locations and keep them covered until we get there.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I like to use actual words to describe what I do; yeah, I F, and I like it.
I don't need flowery words to describe a physical act.
"Mommy, how did I get here?"

"Well dear, Mommy and Daddy went out, got hammered, and Daddy effed Mommy till her brains fell out."

Old 03-22-2010, 01:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
"Mommy, how did I get here?"

"Well dear, Mommy and Daddy went out, got hammered, and Daddy effed Mommy till her brains fell out."
That's usually the truth, isn't it!
So parents choose to lie & tell kids they came from under a cabbage leaf, the stork brought them, etc.
Why not be honest, talk at their level and have them be horribly bored at you (generic) and ask you to stop?

Old 03-22-2010, 01:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,342,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
My DH has full back, sleeves and (at the time of this anecdote) partial upper chest ink.

We were in WDW and DH sat with DD in a hot tub in one of the expensive grade WDW resort hotels. The other person in the hot tub looked hubby up and down then grabbed her daughter and pulled her out of the tub in such haste!

There are no words in the ink, nothing violent. All Asian art -- koi, lilies, geisha (in robes - no nudity) cranes, etc. You would have thought he walked in wearing his "9 out of 10 women are battered and I'm still eating mine plain" shirt.

Yes, we own vulgar shirts. We only wear them in appropriate locations and keep them covered until we get there.
Holy acronym batman! What are you even saying here

Old 03-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That's usually the truth, isn't it!
So parents choose to lie & tell kids they came from under a cabbage leaf, the stork brought them, etc.
Why not be honest, talk at their level and have them be horribly bored at you (generic) and ask you to stop?
Yes it is LOL

My children were taught the anatomically correct words for their body parts and when the 'How did I get here' phase came, they were told (within reason of their capability to understand) the truth about sex. At that age, they're usually intrigued and simultaneously appalled that 'dad's what went where???'

Yes, I was the parent who's child taught a classmate.

The truth is good, but sometimes the whole sweaty, screaming for more scenario is TMI for little ones

Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,889,488 times
So, is it okay for a mom to allow her 2 year old to wear a shirt like that ? Is she "cool' and "hip" ? is it funny ? The "American WAY" ?? Is Mom "setting a NEW standard" in free speech ? Would it be funny if your granny wore it to church, or a funeral ?

Old 03-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
Holy acronym batman! What are you even saying here
What I wrote had to be taking in context with what I responded to:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Frankly, I'd say that the problem is the parent, if they feel a need to direct their children away from people with some tattoos.

Then again, I suppose there's some people like dcsldcd, who'd obviously prefer to live in a police state, such as Iran.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
To all the people on here asserting that because children may ask what the "F" word means, they would be therefore obligated to go into a long description of the sex act, I say: Please.

You say, "That's a swear word and we don't use it in our house."

And that's it.

Do you go into lengthy descriptions of the seediest possible sides of life whenever your kids ask a question about something they see on the street? When there were a bajillion billboards around for the movie "The Changeling," and your child said, "What's that, Mommy? Can we see that movie?" or even, "What does that word mean?", did you say,

1. "Oh, that's about a child who is abducted. The police tell the mother her little boy is back, but he really isn't. In real life, the boy was raped by a man and then choked by the rapist, then hit on the head with a shovel by another little boy until he was dead. It's a true story."

Or...

2. "Oh, that's a grownup movie and it's a scary one we won't be seeing."

The argument that one will have to go into detail from genital readiness to the zygote rolling along the fallopian tube because a word that has to do with sex is written somewhere, is a silly one. Do you give the whole "That's what Daddies do to Mommies, and here's how it goes" explanation if your child hears the word "rape" ANYWHERE on TV, absolutely anywhere, and asks what it means? And then you perhaps continue with, "...Except the rapist doesn't love the victim. He or she wants to hurt the victim, so he takes a part of his body or an object and then..."

Let's be rational, okay? You're parents. You know what you say to children and you know that you are NEVER forced into huge details over a child's head if he or she asks a question. You answer honestly but on the child's readiness level. Come on now. This is pretty easy stuff.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
So, is it okay for a mom to allow her 2 year old to wear a shirt like that ? Is she "cool' and "hip" ? is it funny ? The "American WAY" ?? Is Mom "setting a NEW standard" in free speech ? Would it be funny if your granny wore it to church, or a funeral ?
It's the parent's choice; not yours.
It's not your business what someone else does so long as it doesn't inflict pain on you.

I may not agree with what all people do, but it's usually none of my business. Just like it's not your business what others do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.