Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:47 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,625 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
I think that it's pathetic I can't raise a controversial issue that I see the injustice in.
oh yeah, the injustice for poor sociopaths.

Quote:
By the way, I'm a guy, so the 'honey' is a little out of place
doesn't surprise me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,101 times
[quote=rory00;13379978]
Quote:

oh yeah, the injustice for poor sociopaths.

doesn't surprise me
You don't pity someone who will never know what it's like to love?

Yes, guys are more likely to voice our opinions.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Well I imagine that it's hard to stop yourself from murdering someone as a sociopath if you don't have any regrets about it. I imagine those who choose not to did it for reasons that were for their own good (i.e.: staying out of jail for the rest of their lives) and not for the real moral reasons of killing someone.
this post indicates that you think similar to a sociopath.

what motivates a sociopath is what makes them a sociopath. you are assuming only those who don't commit crimes are just doing it out of self-preservation.

that's like saying then, everyone must be doing evil things to people behind closed doors where they can get away with it. since that is not the case(because some people take self-responsibility), you are incorrect. there is no magical formula that others have that sociopaths don't. that is what sociopaths assume that everything, including a conscience or ethics is some commodity that can be had or they deserve some type of sympathy because they don't 'have' it. though there exists people who really don't know what they are doing, that is very rare. in those instances, they don't cover thier ass well at all or even care to. sociopaths are all about covert and covering their ass because they know full well what they are doing.

sociopaths refuse to take responsibility, unless they have to.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
this post indicates that you think similar to a sociopath.

what motivates a sociopath is what makes them a sociopath. you are assuming only those who don't commit crimes are just doing it out of self-preservation.

that's like saying then, everyone must be doing evil things to people behind closed doors where they can get away with it. since that is not the case(because some people take self-responsibility), you are incorrect.

sociopaths refuse to take responsibility, unless they have to.
Uh what? No, you can stop twisting my words around. I'm not saying everyone's a sociopath deep down and only few act on it. I'm saying some sociopaths act on their desires and others don't for fear of going to jail (or other selfish reasons)

You can try to shame me into being some heartless monster all you want, but the fact alone that I empathize with sociopaths is proof that I'm not one.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Yes, but they did not choose to be that way and that's why I pity their defect. It's no different from being schizophrenic, the only difference is we have medicine to keep schizophrenia at bay. Sadly, treatment doesn't seem to exist for sociopaths.

For the hundredth time, THEY KNOW THEY ARE HURTING PEOPLE BUT IT DOESN'T BOTHER THEM BECAUSE THEY CAN'T COMPREHEND THE FEELING OF OTHER PEOPLE.
Actually, they can comprehend it. They understand how to manipulate those feelings, vulnerabilities and behaviors to work against their prey and for their benefit.

Just because one may not experience empathy does not mean they do not comprehend that with which they do not empathize.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
I think selfishness is the root of all evil... and sociopaths are all about nothing but themselves. Not narcissistic but sort of locked in a box.

It's too bad they cant love or empathize -- and they cant, it's like a handicap -- but still they know that hurting others is "wrong" -- that is, they know they'll get in trouble if they do it/get caught.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
but the fact alone that I empathize with sociopaths is proof that I'm not one.
uh, actually it does make you more likely one. your logic is off, buddy.

it's so nice to be able to use a label of a "disorder" as an excuse to be an ******* or jerk, isn't it? it can't be just from being selfish or opportunism?

now that's crazy. let me give you a clue, comparing schizophrenia to sociopathy is heinous. i can even say, how DARE you try to make it seem as though it's something a person can't stop.

sociopaths are opportunists. they know how to stop when thier ass is on the line and they get caught. they also sure find god fast when faced with death penalty and all that. please, i grew up with sociopaths and know all thier friggin tricks. they are THE most guilty pricks on the face of the planet if their ever was one. they also know when they are being *******s and that is even the point, as long as it doesn't affect them then they don't care.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually, they can comprehend it. They understand how to manipulate those feelings, vulnerabilities and behaviors to work against their prey and for their benefit.

Just because one may not experience empathy does not mean they do not comprehend that with which they do not empathize.
Like I said, they know they're hurting people but they don't feel the harm they're doing.

You guys sit here, emotions and all, and act like it's so easy to be moral and stuff. It's very easy to judge when you have what they lack. They can't just change because you want them to.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Like I said, they know they're hurting people but they don't feel the harm they're doing.

You guys sit here, emotions and all, and act like it's so easy to be moral and stuff. It's very easy to judge when you have what they lack. They can't just change because you want them to.
That's true. I suppose some of them want to but they really cant. Maybe it's a brain chemistry thing?

Dont feel sorry for them, though.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
uh, actually it does make you more likely one. your logic is off, buddy.

it's so nice to be able to use a label of a "disorder" as an excuse to be an ******* or jerk, isn't it? it can't be just from being selfish or opportunism?

now that's crazy. let me give you a clue, comparing schizophrenia to sociopathy is heinous. i can even say, how DARE you try to make it seem as though it's something a person can't stop.

sociopaths are opportunists. they know how to stop when thier ass is on the line and they get caught. they also sure find god fast when faced with death penalty and all that. please, i grew up with sociopaths and know all thier friggin tricks. they are THE most guilty pricks on the face of the planet if their ever was one. they also know when they are being *******s and that is even the point, as long as it doesn't affect them then they don't care.
So you're saying that your knowledge of human psychology is greater than that of the thousands of psychologists that recognize it as a personality disorder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies