Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If you're not condemning that type of action, you're quietly complicit.
Lots of excuses for that behavior; your post is just one of many that quietly supports the behavior.
I condemn it. I also wonder:

1. If it really occurred, since the narrative of the so-called progressives is to paint anyone who disagrees with them as "racist".

2. If said things did occur, it the people responsible were "plants", that is, Obama supporters who wanted to make the opposition look bad. Its happened before (see Democratic offices in Denver being vandalized).

But as I have posted before, those on the left side didn't raise a stink about people in anti-war/anti-Bush rallies holding violent and anti-Semitic signs, so it really disingenuous to get all "righteous" about something that occurred on the other side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Really wanna go there?

Rev. Jeremiah Wright discusses President Obama and Jews - dailypress.com

YouTube - Christians Assaulted in San Francisco

In the next days and weeks you'll see conservatives in the Tea Party movement do what liberals never do. We will condemn this behavior and do everything legally possible to exclude those who engage in this sort of behavior from future Tea Party events, and we certainly won't make excuses for intolerant bigots the way the left does.

I shall stay tuned.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post

1. If it really occurred, since the narrative of the so-called progressives is to paint anyone who disagrees with them as "racist".

2. If said things did occur, it the people responsible were "plants", that is, Obama supporters who wanted to make the opposition look bad. Its happened before (see Democratic offices in Denver being vandalized).

But as I have posted before, those on the left side didn't raise a stink about people in anti-war/anti-Bush rallies holding violent and anti-Semitic signs, so it really disingenuous to get all "righteous" about something that occurred on the other side.
Those rallies in Free Speech Zones a mile away from any venue.
Your post is full of too many "what ifs" to take seriously.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Are you sure you want to do that? I mean headaches and all.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times
News Update,

Lawmaker won't press charges in spitting incident

WASHINGTON (AP) — A congressman who was spat on by a protestor on Capitol Hill says he is declining to press charges, but turns out the Capitol Police say they made no arrests.

Missouri Democrat Emanuel Cleaver was making his way through a group of angry protestors when the incident occurred. It was one of several ugly incidents in a day of protests against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul measure, which faces a House vote on Sunday.

FOXNews.com - Lawmaker won't press charges in spitting incident

Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 AM

434 posts, read 1,165,007 times
Are these the types of people that represent the Tea Party?! Disgusting.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,097 times
The reason why the Republicans are losing at the rate they are because they're stirring up thing like this with their ego ingredients.

The Republicans are always known to be heard chanting harshly & stirring up things with the tea party folks at the Capitol.

See article link below:
washingtonpost.com

If they don't cut down on this immature, ego-driven act, this will cause them to lose a lot more needed votes for now on.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
There were no arrests made, no video or audio of the alleged insults and spitting....still waiting for more than hearsay evidence.

Quote:
Are these the types of people that represent the Tea Party?! Disgusting.
No. There are fringe elements in every group. To nullify the movement based on extremists would nullify every movement...women's rights, civil rights, Tea Parties, environmentalists, etc. There are nuts in every group of every political affiliation. In this case the Tea Party leadership (and presumably the majority of supporters) have denounced any insults, denigrating remarks or spitting on representatives....although there is no evidence to prove it even happened.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, dchussein, I'm not confused. My congressman, who is gay and a dem but not all that liberal, was holding a tent meeting. This is Colorado, BTW. The congressman was inside the tent, talking about many different issues. He was lukewarm on health reform at the time. The entirety of the "protest", which I think was aimed at him, was these people, outside the tent, holding the signs and doing their little chant. I guess you had to be there, which you weren't, nor do you know the issues in my district.

Don't you know people can look up what others write (well maybe not liberals, they never want to do their own work)?

Here is a quote from your congressman "Many of them believe we need significant health care reform and I strongly agree."

Strongly agree is not lukewarm The issue was not important enough to paint it as something it was not. Save the con games for something more important.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Lots of fun at Finnigan's wake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies