Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If you're not condemning that type of action, you're quietly complicit.
Lots of excuses for that behavior; your post is just one of many that quietly supports the behavior.
Like you I don't like that kind of behavior. However the fact remains that the media misrepresented the facts in favor of sensationalism. As someone pointed out a handful of bigots does not equal the entire group of thousands.
Accurate reporting would have said: Several of the protestors used the N word while venting their disagreement to the bill. Instead they used a wide brush. It was no accident. That was the intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Like you I don't like that kind of behavior. However the fact remains that the media misrepresented the facts in favor of sensationalism. As someone pointed out a handful of bigots does not equal the entire group of thousands.
Accurate reporting would have said: Several of the protestors used the N word while venting their disagreement to the bill. Instead they used a wide brush. It was no accident. That was the intent.
If these actions are not representative of the tea party, why are supporters not outraged and distancing themselves from the problematic few? Instead of just squirming, finger pointing, and denial. It really is a poor reflection on the tea party that no one has come out and said the facts are unclear in this incident, but we strongly condemn such bigotry.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Don't you know people can look up what others write (well maybe not liberals, they never want to do their own work)?

Here is a quote from your congressman "Many of them believe we need significant health care reform and I strongly agree."

Strongly agree is not lukewarm The issue was not important enough to paint it as something it was not. Save the con games for something more important.
You're hilarious. I can't believe you were so riled up by what I said that you actually went and looked up who my congressman is!

Here are two articles about his positions as of last summer, both from Colorado sources. Remember, the tent meeting I was posting about happened on Labor Day.

» Why Jared Polis Opposes Obama’s Health-Care Plan | 5280 Magazine

On Friday, Polis voted against a House bill that ultimately passed, saying he fears it “could cost jobs in a recession,” reports The New York Times, and citing a surtax on high-income earners and a payroll tax of as much as 8 percent to help finance coverage for the uninsured.

Polis flare-up: freshman turns politics upside down on health-care reform « Colorado Independent

Polis believes the proposed tax policy that would pay for health-care reform would be onerous for small businesses that file taxes as individuals. He thinks Democratic Congressional leaders should slow down the debate to explore new options. Did that young liberal say something about onerous taxes and businesses and slowing down the health-care debate?

Like I said, you had to be there.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 03-22-2010 at 09:49 AM..

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
If these actions are not representative of the tea party, why are supporters not outraged and distancing themselves from the problematic few? Instead of just squirming, finger pointing, and denial. It really is a poor reflection on the tea party that no one has come out and said the facts are unclear in this incident, but we strongly condemn such bigotry.
Pay attention. It's a poor reflection on your intelligence that you are posting without knowing the facts. The alleged actions have been condemned multiple times already.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Leader, GOP Condemn Racial Slurs Hurled at Black Lawmakers

Quote:
Republican National Chairman Michael Steele and one of the organizers of Saturday's Tea Party rally strongly condemned the racial slurs that some black lawmakers alleged were yelled at them by some health care protesters as they headed for a procedural vote at Capitol Hill.
"I absolutely think it's isolated," Amy Kremer, the grassroots coordinator of the Tea Party Express, told Fox News on Sunday. "It's disgraceful and the people in this movement won't tolerate it because that's not what we're about."

Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Pay attention. It's a poor reflection on your intelligence that you are posting without knowing the facts. The alleged actions have been condemned multiple times already.

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Leader, GOP Condemn Racial Slurs Hurled at Black Lawmakers
Before you get snarky, it's best to have your facts correct, else you may look like a fool.

Firstly, I was the one that first posted the article you linked. Secondly, I asked why supporters of the tea party movement were not outraged, not to be confused with leadership. Thirdly, please show me where the alleged actions have been condemned by supporters "multiple times".

Old 03-22-2010, 04:23 PM

412 posts, read 404,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, we really don't know do we?

As we saw this summer at the townhall meetings, Democrats have no issues with using fake doctors and fake kids, so why not fake Tea Party protesters? We have no way of screening people and have no idea who they really are.
Were those fake kids really robots or just small people?

Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post

They were leprechauns....

Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
They went after Blacks and gays I guess JudenRaus will be next.
Not like they're REAL AMERICANS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies