Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somehow, I suspect you'd be a little more tolerant if it was one of your guys twisting arms.
Do not project your own shallowness upon me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do not project your own shallowness upon me.
Violate the TOS often?

Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
On Nov 5, 2008 Republicans made a pact to do everything in their power to attempt to discredit/destroy the Obama Presidency no matter the cost to America's future. The Tea Party is the outerward and extreme manifestation of this plan.

They will have to answer to God one day.
Cry me a freaking river.

How did he get into office to begin with? By doing everything in his power to discredit/destroy the Bush presidency no matter what the cost to America's future.

Obama is costing us billions on the wrong end. He SHOULD be working on LOWERING healthcare costs instead of messing it all up and costing US more all the way around.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that the Republicans are hell bent on denying the American people comprehensive healthcare so long as its on President Obama's watch.

The Republicans stand on the wrong side of history and their reasons are blatantly disturbing.
There have to be some grown ups who will stand up and question how on earth our government can afford to provide everything promised in this legisltation. What part of America is already on its way to bankruptcy to liberals not get?

Old 03-21-2010, 02:38 PM

62 posts, read 176,437 times
Default Addendum to this Thread

If you noticed in the first post, I did not single out either one of the parties. They are both to blame. If the parties were reversed, the same situation would still exist. Only the names would change.

Granted that this has been going on since the beginning of time. It just seems more prevalent now with the ever expanding news coverage, just as it also seems that people are now paying more attention to this regime after the last regime's obvious boondoggles.

It doesn't help that the newscasts all seem to be biased depending on who holds their networks reins. That probably adds a lot of fuel to the fire.

Most members of each party spend a lot of time pointing fingers to blame away from their party, so that makes all of them, on both sides, equally guilty.

Just think of the damage they could really cause if they were to spend less time campaigning for their re-election.

But nothing will change, cause, for one, no matter where the economy goes, they still get their wages, and their own special health care.

I wonder what the health care situation would be if they had our health care options?

Pardon me, I digress. The point I was trying to make that, if they are in office now, they should be voted out. They have been there too long. Replace all that we can each election, and if we can't get a bunch of independents in, then vote in a way that will balance (or cancel) each other out (not lopsided the way it is now).

Old 03-21-2010, 02:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Oh, god yes, this is the first time in American political history when arms were twisted, backs were slapped and deals were cut!

Compromise of 1877 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We don't need national healthcare as much as we need remedial education.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, god yes, this is the first time in American political history when arms were twisted, backs were slapped and deals were cut!

I agree with that. The lack of education in our country is shameful.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
There have to be some grown ups who will stand up and question how on earth our government can afford to provide everything promised in this legisltation. What part of America is already on its way to bankruptcy to liberals not get?
The US citizen has become nothing more than roadkill and our federal government is the flock of vultures fighting over the remains.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:45 PM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somehow, I suspect you'd be a little more tolerant if it was one of your guys twisting arms.
I tell you right now ... this is not a football game, so take off the cheerleader outfit and grow a brain.

The dems and rebups have been jacking us all up with this us and them game, and you among many others are no smarter now than the day you were born. Time to grow up and wise up.

We are in the midst of the final stages of the complete overthrow of our country ... Bush set the stage, and Obama is playing the violin as the fat lady begins to sing.

And your arse will continue arguing this Left-Right nonsense as you camp out under a highway overpass.

Do you know how many people I've heard say "Get over it ... our guy won, and your guy lost" ? Hundreds ... and each time it sounds more ridiculous. I didn't have "a guy" in the race ... and the only difference between us is that I actually KNOW this.

I couldn't stand George Bush ... that criminal scumbag born of a family of thugs and criminals.

Obama? ... he's George Bush on steroids ... because he's able to read and sound reasonable. But he's a lying scumbag like the rest ... unfortunately, most of Bush's "guns" were aimed at others overseas ... Obama has in his sights directly on all of us, including YOU.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:46 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

But wasn't this administration going to transcend traditional Washington politics? Wasn't he going to stop the backdoor deals?

I think this will hurt Obama. No health insurance available until 2013, but plenty of fees and cuts from day one.

All the downtrodden, sick people he paraded on display during his health care campaign, will STILL NOT HAVE INSURANCE UNTIL 2013.

For their sake, I hope their tumors are REALLY slow growing.

Maybe we should have a tally board on the forum for the number of people without insurance who died each day waiting for Obama's health plan to kick in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies