Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,766,727 times

Advertisements

LOL! The Congressional job approval is lower than the real unemployment rate! Idiots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 05:24 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,772,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
Different polls are showing different things right now, largely because this is a very difficult issue to poll on. This has been a confusing process with highly contentious rhetoric, most people don't actually know whats in the bill. When asked if they support reform, it's not clear what they are answering because it's not clear to most people what 'reform' entails. This creates a high degree of error in these polls. Yet, I will admit that even the poll you cite (46% for, 42% against) isn't great when you think about what these polls were showing 8 months ago. Pollster.com aggregates polls of people's opinions regarding, specifically, Obama's handling of Healthcare and there's currently a 10% gap between approval and disapproval with disapproval being higher. But again, like I said, this is all very problematic, very muddled... these polls aren't that reliable. A month from now, once the bill has been signed into law and people become more aware of what it entails I believe we'll see a substantial increase in approval.
I am obviously in favor of the Bill, but if I were polled and asked my opinion of how well Obama handled the Health Care issue, I would be a negative on that. I feel this issue should have been resolved month's ago. If Obama had engaged as forcefully as he did the last month or so, the bill would have been done in Dec. But he stayed out of it. The Dems arrogance that there was no way the Mass Senate seat could be lost, allowed them to feel they could tweak the House and Senate bills and get many more special deals and get it thru the Senate, then signed. That was dashed when Brown won Mass. Now they had to come up with a way to get the process thru. One side benefit from that, is that the final portion(Reconciliation) is much less filled with the specials and pork, and actually remove some. But, Obama should have engaged earlier.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:26 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,772,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i was getting ready to try and post the chart, but then i saw that the poll consists of 3,500 people, which makes it statistically irrelevant with a population of over 309 million people.

i guess that is why they never let me vote.
You would prefer a Rasmussen poll of what, about 800 people? On a population of 300 mil, a sample size of 2500 should be sufficient. Incresing the sample size improves the accuracy up to a point, beyond that point, there is no greater accuracy.

Last edited by florida.bob; 03-21-2010 at 05:44 PM..

Old 03-21-2010, 05:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gallup shows Obama performance poll rising.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

of course Rasmussen shows it falling, no surprise there.
I see that you haven't looked at Rasmussen lately, have you Bob? Today they had him at -16 approval and just yesterday they had him at -21. Of course, they still showed him down about 10% in their overall numbers. Really, Bob, you should look at things like that one before you comment since you were so far wrong on this statement.

Do you know how Rasmussen arrives at that number? I bet not. FYI, they take the number of those who approve very much and subtract that number from those who disapprove very much so his score today showed about 26% high approval and about 42% high disapproval. Maybe you need to read some of their info about how they get their numbers from daily phone calling and not just weekly polls.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:36 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Quote:

So, with your documentation... He has a record now!

Which one has been right?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,347,587 times
Quote:

its because Rasmussen is credible and Gallup is not...

Old 12-12-2011, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,844,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Gallup is well known to be a "bought" polling organization...Like JD Powers and ASSC.

The majority of RIGHT-WING Americans hate Obama, Pelosi, Reid and all their knee pad wearing followers.
There fixed it for ya since we all know who the haters are, but thanks for proving it for all to see.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:30 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,465,542 times
Quote:

Dosnt it also show 51% of americans are thriving?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,867,824 times
Quote:

It rises when he directly confronts the GOP and it falls when he capitulates. Gives a sense of how the public feels.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,365,237 times
That is odd as of today, just watched on tv, his approval rating for the month so far in Dec is 47% take that as great if you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies