Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM

18,337 posts, read 26,431,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Republican candidate ran for the White House in 1936 by promising to repeal the "folly" of Social Security, and that didn't work out so well for him or the party.
This isn't 1936. Obama is not FDR. Wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,164,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh you have lots to worry about as you will one day need care.. Or did you mean you dont need to worry because SOMEONE ELSE is paying for it? So you now are happy to be on welfare?

Yeah, who cares about the outcome of ONLY paying $30 a month. You want to pay $30 a month, go for it, enjoy the care $30 a month is worth.

The problem with liberals is they believe they HAVE A CLUE as to what conversatives believe. Most of what you listed is a STATE responsibility.. Its so dam sad that liberals havent learned the value in seperation of the federal and state government..

Ooh hell.. Why not just shut down the states!!
You think this will be welfare? I used to pay nothing out of my paycheck for healthcare and a $5 copay and no follow up bills. That was in the '90s. It was fine back then. Do you even understand the point of insurance? To SPREAD THE RISK? There's no reasoning with the insane!

We know what conservatives believe... The believe that they've got theirs, so screw everyone else! I think that sums it up. A sad, pathetic, and selfish group of people.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I guess it's probably pretty hard for people with your political views to realize that the majority of America doesn't agree with you.
Do you want to sight something to back this up?
Quote:
Do you know why the GOP keeps losing, time after time? Because they have nothing to offer anymore. Now, try not to let it ruin your week that the GOP just had its butt handed to it on the national stage.
Thats odd, I thought the GOP had all 3 branches of government just a couple of years ago.. Now you are claiming this didnt happen? Must have been my dream, or your nightmare..
Quote:
You guys might even pick up a few House seats because of this.
Wait, most of americans dont support this right? Now you are claiming we might pickup some seats as a result.. Contradict yourself always, or just on this posting?
Quote:
Of course, the GOP will be out of power for decades, but nevermind that. Just focus on the good... You will benefit from this bill just much as the rest of us, despite your opposition.
Yeah, I'll benefit greatly (more than you can imagine) but that doesnt mean its legal, constitutional, or that I should support taking from others to benefit myself. Its sad that so many of you dont mind doing the same..

Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,878,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
A victory in November means this bill can be repealed. No law is forever. I think it's also highly probably the courts will strike this bill down or at the minimum gut it.
Keep telling yourself that; it's important to have dreams..

I can just see it now; the GOP attempts to revoke newly-won insurance benefits to graduating college seniors, patients with pre-existing conditions, patients who can't afford outrageous private insurance premiums..yeah, that will go over VERY well...the GOP might just as well close up shop for the rest of the century..

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Joe Biden 2010: " You know we're going to control the insurance companies."

Control K-12 education
Control the nation's college student loan system
Control banks
Control insurance companies
Control which products and services we shall buy
Control health care, and with that control life and death
Control energy generation and consumer use of it
Control the very air we breath

What freedoms are there left for we the people to be in control of, that the government does not already decide the form it takes and the options are available to us? Who works to serve whom, after 0bama gets done with his progressive agenda?

We now will have the freedom to change jobs without worrying about having health insurance for a pre-existing condition.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 AM

18,337 posts, read 26,431,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Keep telling yourself that; it's important to have dreams..

I can just see it now; the GOP attempts to revoke newly-won insurance benefits to graduating college seniors, patients with pre-existing conditions, patients who can't afford outrageous private insurance premiums..yeah, that will go over VERY well...the GOP might just as well close up shop for the rest of the century..
The bill does nothing to stop costs from rising. But it does require people get insurance.

The majority oppose the bill already so...

NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,569,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You are correct and hussein obama knows it. Not only will people see their taxes and everything they touch raise in cost before they see any benefit from the health care bill, many states are passing laws requiring anyone running for president will have to prove their citizenship to be on the ballot. We know hussein obama will not qualify.
Are states really doing that? Then there may be hope for our nation after all. Someone having to prove citizenship before running for office is the only good change caused by this administration.

Last edited by NCN; 03-22-2010 at 09:02 AM..

14,164 posts, read 27,164,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Joe Biden 2010: " You know we're going to control the insurance companies."

Control K-12 education
Control the nation's college student loan system
Control banks
Control insurance companies
Control which products and services we shall buy
Control health care, and with that control life and death
Control energy generation and consumer use of it
Control the very air we breath

What freedoms are there left for we the people to be in control of, that the government does not already decide the form it takes and the options are available to us? Who works to serve whom, after 0bama gets done with his progressive agenda?
Oh WAAA! What's wrong with you sore losers? Obviously SOMEBODY needs to regulate the banking and healthcare industries better. We see what happens when the Republicans gain control and are bought off by these industries... we end up in financial collapse and people DIE without affordable health insurance! We tried you deregulation experiment and it DIDN'T WORK! Republicans can REMAIN in TIMEOUT while President Obama and the Democrats fix all that Republicans broke!

3,770 posts, read 4,973,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
WRONG as most liberals are.. Conservatives supported the removal of pre-existing conditions.. Its liberals who refused to look at seperate parts of the bill and pass them so that it wouldnt get challenged all at once..

incomeptence, I gotta have it all now, Democrats...
LOL! I guest the last 12 years with Bush running our country was the right way to do it! Sorry!!!

Conservatives are dead wrong for wanting to shoot that down. (pre-existing conditions) Why would the Repubs want remove it? I have a theory! It's because they want to continue getting kick backs from insurance companies etc...

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This isn't 1936. Obama is not FDR. Wake up.
Exactly! We no longer consider repealing social security now anymore than our grandchildren will consider repealing this healthcare reform 70 years from now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies