Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM

184 posts, read 231,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
No you are right we had help. As with every "leading role" there has to be a good "supporting actor"! England make a great supporting country to the United States!
We'll soon be the supporting actor to China. It seems like the USA is finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM

527 posts, read 467,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Someone is just jealious because we stood up for ourselves and went to places in the world where they would not stand up. Then on top of that just about 150 years later we saved you. That should of paid for any debt plus as you said you oued us more money! You guys need to celbrate the 4th of july like we do since it was us who saved us and without us you would of been back in the dark ages.
Say what?????

Old 03-22-2010, 05:21 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
To be honest that does not bother me. I don't want the United States and Europe to be the only modern countries in the world. So if that means that China with all its people will have more buying power then the United States in the future then great as that will, also, mean more money towards R&D. Imagine the kind of advancements we can have in health, space exploration, etc., if the whole planet is working towards that goal not just a few countries?

Sure I have been having fun with you, but I think the United States is only one country in the world and that is how I really look at it.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
I find this argument one of the strangest, which is saying a lot. China's economy is so dependent upon exports to the U.S. as the bugger the imagination. Most of China's exports aren't even of Chinese design or innovation, so it isn't like China has some possible permanent hold on the U.S. market. Capitol that flowed in to China as a result of lower labor cost can and will just as easily flow out, if and when Chinese demand for higher wages increase.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Does this mean the wingnuts are going to revolt? All right!!

Now we'll have a reason to put all your racist homophobic butts in jail..
The Legion of Diabetic Mallwalkers

Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
On March 22, 1765, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act, imposing new, unwelcome taxes on the American people. This and other such acts, eventually led to the American Revolution.

It was an example of a government that felt it had no restrictions on what it could do, imposing an unwelcome program on a people far away, whose protests they ignored. Eventually, thousands of deaths later, that government was completely expelled from the American continent, and a new one set up in its place.

"Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."
Revolve away, my son. It will most surely be good for the economy.

New maximum security prisons employ scads of people to watch the jailbirds.

We could use a major growth industry right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies