Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Don't be stupid libs. Do you know how hard it is to adopt children in this country? That is why so many people decide to adopt from other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by File 2880 View Post
With all the "rage" over the part in the bill about abortion. Why don't these people care about the millions of kids born who have nobody? They don't care about these kids at all. I'm not pro abortion but respect a woman's right to chose. I just wonder how many unwanted born babies the right has adopted?
Well how many have the pro-aborts adopted?

Aren't you the people who care so much about the already born?

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
With all the "rage" over the part in the bill about abortion. Why don't these people care about the millions of kids born who have nobody? They don't care about these kids at all. I'm not pro abortion but respect a woman's right to chose. I just wonder how many unwanted born babies the right has adopted?
The sad thing, which many do not understand, those so called unwanted babies could have been aborted, but mommy didn't want to go that route. She probably thought she could be a good mommy or she say more welfare money. If not, she would have given baby up for adoption like women did until the mid 1960s. I know, we have 2 wonderful adopted children. of course they are adults with families of their own now. Beleive me, that part about abortion has nothing to do with unwanted kids. I wish it did..I might feel differently..

Nita

Old 03-22-2010, 08:03 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The sad thing, which many do not understand, those so called unwanted babies could have been aborted, but mommy didn't want to go that route. She probably thought she could be a good mommy or she say more welfare money. If not, she would have given baby up for adoption like women did until the mid 1960s. I know, we have 2 wonderful adopted children. of course they are adults with families of their own now. Beleive me, that part about abortion has nothing to do with unwanted kids. I wish it did..I might feel differently..

Nita
I thought abortion was supposed to solve the problem of unwanted children.

I guesa not.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
churches should do more to help and get children adopted that are left in foster care. it is amazing that more people who oppose a woman's right to choice don't step up to the plate and adopt.
again, how little so many know about the foster care system. It has nothing to do with churches or rights of the child. The state has to declare, not only a parent unfit but allow for a foster child to be released for adoption. As well as having a biological child and 2 adopted children we had several fostter ones, two we wanted to adopt, but they were not elegible even though, in one case the mother was in prison..

For anyone to makes statements like what you are saying, one has to understand the system. It isn't all black and white.

You talk about stepping up to the plate, do you have any idea how many couples and some singles are dieing to adopt, but the bio parents would release the kids.
Nita

Old 03-22-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post

I guesa not.
and if only it did. mommy doesn't choose abortion, she chooses having baby and raising baby, but doesn't give a damn about how she raises him/her. Would she consider adoption? Hell no!!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post

I guesa not.

Wrong. Abortion is there to aid someone not taking personal responsibility.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
I for one would rather have the drug addicted mother abort her child rather than raise it in a life of drugs,abuse, prostitution,etc.
How many times do we see these severly abused children on the evening news? Look at the so called 'parent' or 'parents'.
Its heartwrenching to hear the tales of things that have been done to these children. Thats when I wish the mother had chosen abortion.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
again, how little so many know about the foster care system. It has nothing to do with churches or rights of the child. The state has to declare, not only a parent unfit but allow for a foster child to be released for adoption. As well as having a biological child and 2 adopted children we had several fostter ones, two we wanted to adopt, but they were not elegible even though, in one case the mother was in prison..

For anyone to makes statements like what you are saying, one has to understand the system. It isn't all black and white.

You talk about stepping up to the plate, do you have any idea how many couples and some singles are dieing to adopt, but the bio parents would release the kids.
Nita

I know all of what you posted, that still does not lesson my feelings that churches should do more for unwanted children and that people who are on such a bandwagon about anti choice should adopt more children.

if they don't want to adopt or find the adoption route too difficult then work to change the laws or at least become big brother/big sisters to these children. maybe even "adopt" a single mother and her children by helping to make their lives better either with financial and or moral support.
how about these people working towards more access to low cost or free birth control. what about sex education is schools.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Why don't you get out more? I see families who have adopted "unwanted" children all the time. Sick and/or mentally challenged babies. No baby is unwanted. Obama would have us all believe a baby is unwanted and should be killed but look at the bigger picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies