Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
At 10 weeks, her ultra sound showed her BABY'S little arms and legs moving around so much that we named the BABY "Wiggles".
If someone wants to kill their baby by having it sucked out into a garbage bag with all the little arms and legs that we saw moving and the little hearts that we heard beating, they are going to have to answer for that but decent people should not have to pay for the murder of that baby.
Spin it anyway you want, it is murder.
That's where CHOICE comes in. Right? If your daughter wants to abort the baby, she should be able to. And if she wants to keep it, she should be able to...without knowing for a fact that both she and the child will later be abandoned by the very same right-wingers that screamed for "her rights" until the child was born and required food and medical care, but now are calling her a "government money teat-sucker" for taking money she "didn't earn" to support it, and who would gladly, and anonymously, see her and her little "government thief" die from lack of health care, than have to help pay for it...ever.

It's all about choice. Your daughter has made hers, and good for her, and good that she's "allowed" to...for now. May she and the baby enjoy good health.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Ahh I see the left thinks your beautiful growing granddaughter is just a figment of your imagination. I guess they have to convince themselves of it so they will not have to face the reality of the brutality they hold so dear, abortion.
Yeah, I was trying to wrap my head around that rationalization as well.

It seemed to eerily mimic the rationalization process of some serial murders I have read about when asked how they could commit some of the heinous acts they did.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Well that is what it was devised for. By some liberal racist to keep the black population down. Is that why the Democrats still support abortion?

Still unable to understand the word choice, eh? What is it you find so difficult?

Thank goodness we still have it rather than some Draconian measure fathered by the right's mindset of feigned love and support for embryos while they cheerily tell living, breathing human beings "You're on your own"

Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM

184 posts, read 231,571 times
The other day, I was thinking about abortion. Then something hit me!

I'll explain: A baby is in the woman's body and being that a woman carries for up to 9 months and endures any birth pain, abortion is essentially her right and men have been told that they shouldn't have an abortion opinion. Now, with babies and abortion the womans issue, and only hers and that men should have no say in the matter, I found that if woman want it that way, then men should not be allowed to pay for the child or even help give the child a name. Its all hers, all of it. As she wants it. She can look after it all by herself!

Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
At 10 weeks, her ultra sound showed her BABY'S little arms and legs moving around so much that we named the BABY "Wiggles".
If someone wants to kill their baby by having it sucked out into a garbage bag with all the little arms and legs that we saw moving and the little hearts that we heard beating, they are going to have to answer for that but decent people should not have to pay for the murder of that baby.
Spin it anyway you want, it is murder.
A 10 week fetus is about 1 inch in length, so you guys must have awesome eyesight to see arms and legs moving.

It's great that your daughter is happy about having a baby, and nobody is forcing her to abort a baby, or carry it against her wishes. Those are the tenents of the pro-choice movement.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 PM

380 posts, read 642,709 times
youre seriously gonna name the kid wiggles?

Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
I support your daughter's choice to keep her baby.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:11 PM

247 posts, read 379,976 times
There's an old saying that many pro-choice women like to use, "I'd never force you to have an abortion, so please don't force me to have a baby."

I can see it from both sides, pro-life, and pro-choice. Personally, I believe abortion is a medical procedure that should only be exercised in life and death matters (e.g., to save the life of the mother), or in cases of rape/incest. It shouldn't be used as a method of birth control.

If a woman wants to give up her baby for adoption, there are plenty of people willing to adopt kids. My wife and I had 5 of our own and then adopted another 5 from 3rd world countries. Three of our adopted kids are special needs children.

We love each of them as if we'd had them ourselves, and we're so grateful that the mothers of those children gave them up for adoption Vs having them aborted.

My opinions are simply my opinions about how I feel regarding this matter, personally. I would not be in favor of telling others what they can or cannot do with their own bodies, legally, based on my own personal beliefs. That would be a terrible infringement on someone else's rights.

I personally do not support abortion, but I support every woman's right to make her own choices regarding it, and would defend her rights to do it.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:13 PM

184 posts, read 231,571 times
So I guess that your daughter is having the worlds 10 billionth baby!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I support your daughter's choice to keep her baby.
As a pro-choice person, so do I, heartily! Babies are wonderful, when they're wanted. When they're not...they frequently lead very tragic lives. They pay and pay for something they didn't even do. But a wanted, loved baby? That IS a blessing. I support the girl's choice as well.

I hope and pray, hard, that her system continues to want to support her should the chips be down, rather than that it drop her and say if she wants to take care of her sick child, she can figure out a way to do it herself, $8-an-hour WalMart job or (worse, somehow) no $8-an-hour WalMart job.

And if it's MY tax money from my (so far) 25-year work history (only about 25 more to go!) that helps her child get medicine, I'll do it gladly. I do now for others through my tax money, and gladly. I'll do this too.

I hope she feels the same way about others, as I do about her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies